SOG Removal.........

Has anyone in this thread had a chance to use both the grahams and the CND wraps - if so, which were easier to apply?

The Grahams are much easier to use. The CND wraps are the hardest to use on yourself. They are ok if you are just redoing one nail, or have a friend to put them on.

The easiest to use are the Orly SmartGel Pocket Removers -- just use a dropper to put acetone on the pad, put your finger in, and press to seal. Perfect for thumbs after the rest of your fingers are wrapped with Grahams.

The Grahams are much easier to use. The CND wraps are the hardest to use on yourself. They are ok if you are just redoing one nail, or have a friend to put them on.

The easiest to use are the Orly SmartGel Pocket Removers -- just use a dropper to put acetone on the pad, put your finger in, and press to seal. Perfect for thumbs after the rest of your fingers are wrapped with Grahams.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and make a note on my shopping list.

I thought this group might be interested in this white paper from the Nail Manufacturers Council on Safety on SOG removal- http://files.nailsmag.com/Handouts/na-whitepapers-Gelpolish.pdf

Thanks for this NancyG!

I remove gel polish from my nails and the nails of others. I always make sure I'm extra careful and don't scrape.

I use my orange stick to slough offf the gel when it's flaked off. I use a cotton Ball soaked in acetone to rub any remaining stubborn base coat from the nail bed and use my thumbnail to make sure all the base coat is gone. I take my time when removing so as not to rush and cause damage.

This weekend I used RCM Erase to soak off my OPI mani, it did a great job at removing the gel and base coat in 10 minutes. I wanted to try Expert Touch but it was twice the price of Erase and with one an a half 500ml bottles of acetone to use up I went for the cheaper option on this occasion.

I've been using a mixture of about 2 ounces regular nail polish remover with vitamin E with 4 ounces of pure acetone and a scant teaspoon of nail polish thinner poured into a plastic pump jar for convenience. It works very well, indeed, and isn't as drying to the skin as pure acetone. I need 10 minutes to soak off OPI GelColor, and 15 minutes at most for Gelish. When using Gelish Vitagel as a base coat, I need no more than 10 minutes to soak off the gel.

I just had an AMAZING removal! I just used the silicone page turners with acetone and glycerin mix then placed my hands inside mittens. Waited about 12 minutes and my polish just slid off completely! I had the vitagel strength as base instead of foundation so i think that contributed to the fast removal. i have tried the foil wraps and grahams wraps, but i feel the silicone finger cots are the easiest for me. Oh and this was the first time w the glycerin and acetone mix and my nails and cuticles were not dry at all. This is the best they have ever looked after a removal!
I just want to thank all you ladies for your advice and help. I have learned so much from everyone. For the first time i actually felt happy and proud with my removal. I love my sogs but have always dreaded the removal..but now i am so glad i found sonething that works for me without damaging my nails. =)

Attachments

• IMG070.jpg
    IMG070.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 280
I just had an AMAZING removal! I just used the silicone page turners with acetone and glycerin mix then placed my hands inside mittens. Waited about 12 minutes and my polish just slid off completely! I had the vitagel strength as base instead of foundation so i think that contributed to the fast removal. i have tried the foil wraps and grahams wraps, but i feel the silicone finger cots are the easiest for me. Oh and this was the first time w the glycerin and acetone mix and my nails and cuticles were not dry at all. This is the best they have ever looked after a removal!
I just want to thank all you ladies for your advice and help. I have learned so much from everyone. For the first time i actually felt happy and proud with my removal. I love my sogs but have always dreaded the removal..but now i am so glad i found sonething that works for me without damaging my nails. =)

What are silicone page turners? I've never heard of them.

What are silicone page turners? I've never heard of them.

They are like rubber thimbles, they come in different sizes. I originally read about them on an old post by ferretkingdom. You can find them at walmart by the office supplies or staples. I also saw them on ebay. I just soak a piece of cotton with acetone then place on my nail and put the rubber thimble over my finger.

Attachments

• IMG081-1.jpg
    IMG081-1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG082-1.jpg
    IMG082-1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG083-1.jpg
    IMG083-1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 275
Where did you get the glycerin from? And what exactly were the amounts of your mixture... I want to find something thats not as drying but works i usually use the gelish remover.

They are like rubber thimbles, they come in different sizes. I originally read about them on an old post by ferretkingdom. You can find them at walmart by the office supplies or staples. I also saw them on ebay. I just soak a piece of cotton with acetone then place on my nail and put the rubber thimble over my finger.
I use the finger cots (latex ones but this may be something ill have to invest in since they are reusable... the laxtex ones are not...

Where did you get the glycerin from? And what exactly were the amounts of your mixture... I want to find something thats not as drying but works i usually use the gelish remover.

I bought the glycerin at walmart by the pharmacy section next to the alcohol and peroxide. Im sure they may have it at other drugstores.
I followed loodie loodies's directions loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/2011/07/moisturize-your-nails-with-acetone.html?m=1
I kinda eyeballed everything..i used a half full container of 100% acetone and added glycerin it was about 1 part glycerin to 10 parts acetone. you will be able to see that they seperate so i just added a tiny bit of water, shook the bottle and checked if they still seperated. I just kept adding a little water at a time until they no longer seperated. I like it so far, doesnt seem to affect the acetones strength either

I use the finger cots (latex ones but this may be something ill have to invest in since they are reusable... the laxtex ones are not...
Yeah they were under $3 at walmart. I have no idea why i didnt get these any sooner!

I bought the glycerin at walmart by the pharmacy section next to the alcohol and peroxide. Im sure they may have it at other drugstores.
I followed loodie loodies's directions loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/2011/07/moisturize-your-nails-with-acetone.html?m=1
I kinda eyeballed everything..i used a half full container of 100% acetone and added glycerin it was about 1 part glycerin to 10 parts acetone. you will be able to see that they seperate so i just added a tiny bit of water, shook the bottle and checked if they still seperated. I just kept adding a little water at a time until they no longer seperated. I like it so far, doesnt seem to affect the acetones strength either

Yeah they were under $3 at walmart. I have no idea why i didnt get these any sooner!
oh awesome!!! i think i will be trying this soon... though i just bought a 32oz bottle of gelish remover.