SOG Removal.........

Good removal tips! I'm 100% convinced that the application of heat makes all the difference. I may have mentioned it before, but heavy duty foil stays on more securely than regular foil. Celebrating a milestone today. I have actually left my RCM mani on for 11 days. I'm sure they would last far longer but I was having too much fun changing colors. Busy weekend and the stomach flu kept me from re-doing the mani. I did change it a bit by putting one cost of RCM Wow over the existing 3 coats of RCM Thank You, Thank You. BTW, RCM Draped in Rubies was gorgeous!
I agree, thicker foil is much better as it stays on and doesn't rip.

I forgot to mention that I put my hand into a thin plastic bag to stop the acetone or remover leaking on me or the furniture and it also keeps that all important heat in.

Congratulations on your milestone!!! I've only managed a full two weeks a handful of times.

Glad I've found this, I've been using SensatioNail and have had two utterly dreadful removals - where I have had to scrape / buff off the remaining product because it just won't come off any other way. Soaking has achieved absolutely nothing. That's with foil/with heat/without foil/without heat - you name it I've tried it.

This time I have not used the "gel primer" which came with the kit and I'm hoping for a much easier removal at the weekend, having just used the gel base/top coat.

Having read various threads here I am tempted to try either RCM base/top coat or the OPI GelColour but I think I will only be able to get OPI online whereas at least I can get some of the RCM stuff from my local Sally's....

Glad I've found this, I've been using SensatioNail and have had two utterly dreadful removals - where I have had to scrape / buff off the remaining product because it just won't come off any other way. Soaking has achieved absolutely nothing. That's with foil/with heat/without foil/without heat - you name it I've tried it.

This time I have not used the "gel primer" which came with the kit and I'm hoping for a much easier removal at the weekend, having just used the gel base/top coat.

Having read various threads here I am tempted to try either RCM base/top coat or the OPI GelColour but I think I will only be able to get OPI online whereas at least I can get some of the RCM stuff from my local Sally's....
Sensationail comes off way easier if you don't use the primer!!! From my experience it will just flake off. Difficult soak offs are the worst!!!

Good luck....

I had a heck of a time getting sensationail off! it was horrid!!! I have since stopped using it... I used the removal tool ONCE and it scrapped some of my nail off!! YIKKES!!

Dont used that thing anymore... Now i use the wooden stick to push it off the nails... Nail is healing now

Gelish i had no problems at all it comes right off no problems at all. I use the finger cot things also. Works like a gem, I noticed at least for me the remover that is made for gelish works better and isnt as harsh as pure acetone (which i have also).

I have to try the Vaseline thing for the cuticles.

I have been using structure on my nails to help grow them out (was a nail bitter!) so i just do simple sheer polishes then regular polishes over it so i can change up as much as i want and try things... helps my nails heal some...

Two things come to mind. The first is that if your nails bend downward a bit, the cotton ball and remover may not be fully in contact with the tips of your nails. So they get a bit of remover, but not enough to make for a smooth removal. The second, depending on what kind of wraps you're using, is that the remover may be evaporating at the tips. An extra squirt of remover halfway through the soak should help with that.

Hm, I never thought about the problem being the curve of my nails! I've been using those little plastic "caps" to cover my nails with, so I don't think the acetone is evaporating, but I could definitely not be getting a good contact with the tip of my nails because of the curves and, well, because those caps are pretty roomy. Maybe next time I'll just try the good old foil method.

okay sorry for the long post but maybe it can help some of you ladies.
so i have been having a hard time with removal as far as finding a method that works for me and is not too harsh on my nails. I used to soak in remover and just wait a few minutes until the gel dissolved. While this worked super fast for me NancyG and some of you wise ladies have advised that wraps are better and not as damaging or drying...well i hate the foil wraps. The always are messy and i cant seem to keep them on; they just slip right off after a couple minutes and then i have to rewrap them because the foil wont sit still, then im stuck there for an even longer time.
I have also tried some finger cots but i dont like them either, i feel the acetone or remove evaporate too fast and i always squeeze some of it out when i am slipping on the cots.
So i decided to try the foil method one last time with a little twist to help them stay put on my fingers. This was inexpensive and with stuff i had around the house anyway. What i did was just put a strip of thin double stick tape on one end of the foil square to help stick to the area of my finger right about my nail..it worked perfectly and you can still open the foil to check the removal process after a few minutes and restick it if you need to soak off longer. here are some pictures of what i did.

PicsArt_1359752799324_zps95b79054.jpg

Hopefully you ladies can see what im talking about. It can be time consuming if doing this just before you soak off your polish, so i just did a bunch of foil squares to have ready for when i do my removals. HTH! :smile:

I can't manage the cotton and foil method either. While your system is intriguing, I recommend using Graham Hands Down wraps. The come in a box of 100 but you can get them in a bag of 10 for $2.99 at Sally's to try them out. They're made of stretchy adhesive bandage like stuff with a pad so they really stick where you put them. I can wrap and then go read or do things while it soaks.

I can't manage the cotton and foil method either. While your system is intriguing, I recommend using Graham Hands Down wraps. The come in a box of 100 but you can get them in a bag of 10 for $2.99 at Sally's to try them out. They're made of stretchy adhesive bandage like stuff with a pad so they really stick where you put them. I can wrap and then go read or do things while it soaks.

I will have to try these!

Everybody just has to find what works for them. I think someone needs to come up with something like the Graham wraps that are shaped more like the thimbles; that would be the perfect marriage of everything.

Sensationail comes off way easier if you don't use the primer!!! From my experience it will just flake off. Difficult soak offs are the worst!!!

Good luck....

Finally had an easy removal, and not using the SensatioNail primer is definitely the key... some minor chipping though towards the end of the week.

Having application problems now though LOL. Arrrrgh!!!!

I use the graham wraps too, and just love them! I then put polypropylene gloves (made for food service workers) on over the wraps to keep the acetone from evaporating too quickly. When I do both hands together, only my thumbs get foil and cotton wraps because I find it impossible to wrap my thumbs with the Graham wraps when the other fingers ate wrapped. Another alternative are the Orly Smart Gels Pocket Removers. They are more expensive than the Graham wraps, but much easier to use.

I use the graham wraps too, and just love them! I then put polypropylene gloves (made for food service workers) on over the wraps to keep the acetone from evaporating too quickly. When I do both hands together, only my thumbs get foil and cotton wraps because I find it impossible to wrap my thumbs with the Graham wraps when the other fingers ate wrapped. Another alternative are the Orly Smart Gels Pocket Removers. They are more expensive than the Graham wraps, but much easier to use.

didn't mean to reply to this.