SOG LED nail lamps

Is it normal that the brush of the top coat gets a little bit coloured from the color coats underneath?

And: When I swipe off the sticky residue after the second colour coat, there is color on the swipe. Is that normal or does that mean that my led lamp doesn't cure well? But after curing the top coat and swiping away the sticky residue there isn't any color there.
Why are you wiping off the tacky layer of your second colour coat?

Hi, This is my first post. I have a Vogue Professional wide 18 watt led lamp. I went to clean it last week and for whatever reason I decided to use alcohol to clean the bottom mirror. Not sure if it was a real mirror or not, but now it looks all scratched and dull. Will this affect the cure of the gelish?

Hi, This is my first post. I have a Vogue Professional wide 18 watt led lamp. I went to clean it last week and for whatever reason I decided to use alcohol to clean the bottom mirror. Not sure if it was a real mirror or not, but now it looks all scratched and dull. Will this affect the cure of the gelish?
I wouldn't think so, since there are several lights, such as the RCM & OPI lights which don't even have a bottom. When I used the RCM light I placed a piece of aluminum foil, shiny side up, underneath it.

I can't "compare" the two, but I do have the OPI LED lamp and I LOVE it!
It reminds me of Darth Vader's helmet, in a way.... lol It's heavy/metal/black/strong. It has a handle on top. so that you can easily lift in and out of its box. And I love the LARGE digit "digital countdown timer" that is on top of the unit. You can easily see how much time is left for mani cure (you can also use this one for pedis).

There is no "bottom" on this unit. I just place some papertowell sheets on top of my counter and then lay the unit over it. I have not noticed any curing issues in this unit vs one with a "mirror bottom" (ie, my Mally Beauty lamp has a mirror bottom). There are 4 button time settings on top of the unit (15 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, and 60 sec). It cures most gel polish led cure brands in 30 sec. I have used it with OPI Gelcolor, Gelish, IBD, and LeChat sucessfully.

There is no "switch" to turn the lamp on for curing. Instead, you have to insert your hand into position (with all five fingers splayed widely apart). Once your fingers touch the back of the unit, the light comes ON.

To avoid "hot spots" (if you put the gel polish on too thickly!), I stick my hand in the unit, touch the back for the lamp to come ON, then I pull my hand quickly back out to the very front edge of the unit to do a quick mini-cure. I do this on the 45 sec timer. Once it gets to the 30 sec mark, I put my hands all the way back in to cure for the reg full 30 sec time. This has worked perfectly and I have NOT had any "HOT spot" issues happen with the OPI lamp at all (vs I did have issues with the Mally lamp in the beginning).

I hope this helps some....!

Thank you Diram!

I'm wondering if anyone can explain further the having to touch the back of the lamp with your fingers to turn it on part. Do you ever mess up the polish on the nails trying to touch the back? Would it be difficult to trigger with long fingernails?

Thank you Diram!

I'm wondering if anyone can explain further the having to touch the back of the lamp with your fingers to turn it on part. Do you ever mess up the polish on the nails trying to touch the back? Would it be difficult to trigger with long fingernails?

It's not the back of the lamp that you touch, it's a sensor bar on the base towards the back of the lamp. Your fingers rest on it while the polish cures. Although the OPI lamp is mostly without a bottom, the rear part does have about an inch and a half "ledge" on the bottom. That's where the sensor bar is. Here's a picture that might help

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!qsFEFUeW9+rBRCcfqcfHQ~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!qsFEFUeW9+rBRCcfqcfHQ~~60_57.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 245