So sad..my one and only H bag is ruined..spa couldn't help her anymore..(Update p10)

Could the front panel have been removed, dyed again and then sewn back to your bag? I hope things work out dear

Possibly..
I am not a leather expert but I think this could be an option what happened.
A very smart PFer told me that if she will send a bag for panel replacement in the future, she is going to ask to have the old panel back. I think that is a very clever idea and I wish I thought of that when sending my Kelly to the spa.

Thanks again everyone for your support. It means a lot to me. Shocking thing is, since I've updated this thread, I heard more stories from TPFers who had a not so good spa experience. I am sad to hear that. One of the reasons that I started to buy H. bags was because they offer spa treatments for bags.
I mean, an accident can happen. Take Kim Kardashian's Gris T. B for example. Something happened to it as it has a stain on the front panel. This could happen to us too. Or our bags can show some bad corner wear over time. Or other signs of wear. But it's good to know we can send the bag for a spa treatment then. That's one of the things I love about Hermès.
But not if it goes the way like I have experienced so far.
When I discovered the darker area in Januari, I was shocked but on the other hand, I just thought they made a mistake or something and that they would fix it without any problems so I wasn't too worried about it.
Believe me, I was as dumbfounded like some of you are when I heard the words of the SA that they wouldn't do anything about it. I definitely did not see that one coming.

I'm certainly no expert, but it sure doesn't look like the panel has been changed from those photos.

The tiny, tiny wrinkles in the leather on the far right hand side of the bag in the "before" shot are still there in the "after" photo. It would be impossible to replicate those wrinkles in EXACTLY the same place I would say.

I'm certainly no expert, but it sure doesn't look like the panel has been changed from those photos.

The tiny, tiny wrinkles in the leather on the far right hand side of the bag in the "before" shot are still there in the "after" photo. It would be impossible to replicate those wrinkles in EXACTLY the same place I would say.

Wow...this could be very helpful in my case. I don't see them, can you please show me were exactly you see them (maybe you can show it to me by marking the wrinkles on the pics)? This would be very helpful.
I just can't believe it...
So far, I still thought maybe there would be another explanation as I couldn't imagine H. would actually charge me for a front panel replacement while they didn't replaced the front panel at all. But if this is true, with the wrinkles, and if it's impossible to replicate this wrinkles in exactly the same place, I am truely shocked and disappointed. But I am not a leather expert so I have no idea what is possible and what not.
Most of the times, I would like to give people the benefit of the doubt but if the wrinkles are indeed identical, that would be very, very suspicious IMO :shocked:. Isn't it illegal in the first place to do such thing if they charged me for a panel replacement but didn't change the panel at all?

Also, if someone has an email of someone with a high position at Hermès in Europe, and think maybe this person can help, please let me know as I would love to send this person an email then.

OK - it's my first time trying to upload photos here - hope I get it right! I've tried to outline the area I'm talking about with the tiny wrinkles with red circles for you - hope it helps. Good luck to you Chanel - keep us updated.

Attachments

• kelly%20plpl.JPG
    kelly%20plpl.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 839
  • kaspa.jpg
    kaspa.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 851
Chanel dear - please do not wait to contact your credit card company. There is a statute of limitations - I believe it is six months. Just call them and write up a letter with your photos and who you were in contact with (SA) and the assurances you were given regarding your replacement, etc. The credit card company may be your only resort and you do not want to waste any more time on this matter. I hope they can get favorable results for you and H will need to answer to them to get their money from the cc agency.

Wow...this could be very helpful in my case. I don't see them, can you please show me were exactly you see them (maybe you can show it to me by marking the wrinkles on the pics)? This would be very helpful.
I just can't believe it...
So far, I still thought maybe there would be another explanation as I couldn't imagine H. would actually charge me for a front panel replacement while they didn't replaced the front panel at all. But if this is true, with the wrinkles, and if it's impossible to replicate this wrinkles in exactly the same place, I am truely shocked and disappointed. But I am not a leather expert so I have no idea what is possible and what not.
Most of the times, I would like to give people the benefit of the doubt but if the wrinkles are indeed identical, that would be very, very suspicious IMO :shocked:. Isn't it illegal in the first place to do such thing if they charged me for a panel replacement but didn't change the panel at all?

Also, if someone has an email of someone with a high position at Hermès in Europe, and think maybe this person can help, please let me know as I would love to send this person an email then.

Try this person.

Guillaume de Seynes Head of Leather & Textiles Goods, Deputy Managing Director, Member of Supervisory Board and Member of Executive Committee

24 Rue du Faubourg
Paris, Ile-de-France 75008

Chanel so sorry to hear this. I am positive they DID NOT replace the panel and before and after pics will prove this. You certainly have a case for credit card refund. I am shocked.

Aliena, thank you so much for showing me. You must have eagle eyes because I still can't see the wrinkles on the 'before' pic (I can clearly see them on the 'after' pic though) but then again, I don't have eagle eyes.
But it's very interesting what you showed me so thank you again. I will also dig in my pictures to see if I can find more 'before' pictures that will have a better visual of the front panel ;).

lanit, thank you so much dear. I am already working on that and I will keep everyone posted ;).

cheapfrillnorth, thank you so much for this adress. I am really considering to send him a letter. But first let me wait what the outcome is going to be from the thing I am working on right now.

Thank you so much everyone for all the support so far. I'll keep everyone posted and will update this thread as soon as I have more info.

I believe that the spa treatments are not as good as they used to be. And the fees are much higher too (I am guessing that there are lots of bags waiting for treatment). But in this case, I would flat out demand my money back. This is an outrage. Clearly the front was not replaced. And clearly they can do something for you. This is nonsense.

Omg I'm horrified and saddened by this! I'd imagine there's a higher chance of being attacked by a shark in the desert than getting a new stain in THE SAME SPOT. Plain and simple, they didn't replace the panel.
I'm actually surprised that Hermes doesn't send back old panels, pieces, etc when a replacement takes place. But... Thinking about it I'd assume that being such a premium brand they wouldn't need to do that just to prove they did what was paid for. Ugh, this is unacceptable.
{{hugs Chanel}}

Sent from my iPad (that I'll have to sell soon to fund my addiction!) using PurseForum

Thanks, sweeties :hugs:! Quite busy atm but I thought let me give a small update.
No news yet, still working on this case. I've sent two letters to H. in Paris. No reply. Next, I've sent a letter to the H. store where this happened, addressed to the store manager. Wrote down everything what happened. Wrote that I love a lot of H. items and that I always had good experiences, until now. And that I would like to see that they give me a solution. I've used track and trace service with signature so that I make sure they would receive it. It showed delivered last week. I am going to give them some time to reply and I hope they will, and that they finally will make it up to me. It's about time. Will keep everyone posted. Hope I can share some better news soon. I agree with everyone who said this is unacceptable. It definitely is and I still can't believe H. hasn't do anything about it yet. To be continued and thanks again for the support, everyone :smooch:.