So sad..my one and only H bag is ruined..spa couldn't help her anymore..(Update p10)

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all,

Some of you already know my one and only Ebene Kelly in Evergrain was sent to spa after an accident what happened.

Here's the story:
It was around 4 weeks ago when I was at Hermès. It rained a little bit and I was wearing my Kelly. She got caught in the rain before without any problems so I would never ever think this was going to happen...
When I was on my way back home I discovered a spot on the front of my Kelly. It was a big water spot and it looked liked it was glued to the leather (maybe this sounds crazy but I don't know how to say it better in English :shame:smile:. I wiped it down immediately but still dark spot was left. I was shocked, a spot on my 9 months old bag...I thought maybe it would look better over a couple of hours so I went to work but when I came back that night the spot was still there and it still looked horrible.
It didn't look like just a water spot. I think it must have come from a tree or from a building and perhaps there was some dirt in it? It even looked like the skin of the bag was damaged on the place where the spot was. And I can't believe only a rain drop can do something like this (especially as I was caught in the rain before with this bag) so I really think there must be something else in the drop and that it was just very bad luck for me that it had hit my bag.

Anyway, I didn't want to take any risk so I took her to H the next day and told them what happened. They told me not to worry, they thought Paris could remove the spot for me so I was relieved. In the next couple of weeks I was missing my Kelly but I was looking forward to the day that she would come back from the spa.

Today, one month later...
I was taking pictures today for my upcoming Paris H. reveal when the phone rang. It was Hermès. My SA's were not there, they will be back next week so this was another lady who told me the bad news...
My Kelly was back but the spot was still there, it didn't came off. I felt dizzy, really... I was speechless. My Kelly bag, only 9 months old, ruined...
Also, I believe this lady told me that normally a bag had a one year warranty or something but only if there was a fault with the leather (like cracked leather ).
I feel so sad now and I really had to share this story with you guys as I know you're the only people who will understand :crybaby:. Really, my heart is broken, I have her shoulderstrap and closette here, I can't believe nothing can be done.
I'm going to call my SA next week, maybe there's something he can do? I doubt it...
I know, off course there are worse things in life but I can't help it, just feel so sad about it, I was so happy with my first H. bag.

If it was on the back of the bag, I still would be sad but at least then it wasn't that visible. Now it really is visible, especially because the spot and the leather around the spot is a lot darker than the rest of the leather. Even if I would put a bag charm on it I think it would be still visible. Besides, I love bag charms but most of the time I prefer my bag naked if you know what I mean. And then the spot would really bother me, I'm pretty picky with my bags so it would definitely bother me.

I think I remembered someone of PF had replaced front panel of a Birkin? But I wonder when they do this with my bag if the front panel will not look different in color than the other panels? And then the price...I read prices of 1500 euro on PF for replacing front panel... ouch...

Really feel sick about it. The 19th of Juli is my Birthday and I was hoping to get my bag back before then because I would love to wear her then. But not like this....
I really had good hope that a spa could help her.

Really don't know what to do now but I really had to share this with you guys, I hope you don't mind. Now I can only wait until my SA is back to see what he's going to say. I'm afraid to see how she looks when I'm going to pick up her next week or the week after... At least I hope it will look a lot better than before the spa but I doubt it especially because the SA said that the spot was still there and it didn't go away....
I don't baby my bags but I'm very careful with them though. I think I just had very very very bad luck.

To be continued :cry:

Oh **Chanel**!! :hugs:
I feel for you - I am sure something will be done by H to help you...fingers crossed all things work out for you!!! These things happen even to the nicest of people - I am sure it will all work out in the end!!!

oh no! Did they say why the spot couldn't be fixed? What was the most likely cause? this is awful....

Nope, they didn't tell me. Or maybe they did and I didn't hear it anymore because I really was shocked when I heard the news. I totally did not see this coming, I really thought she would be fine after the spa.
Will talk about it with my SA when he's back.

Oh **Chanel**!! :hugs:
I feel for you - I am sure something will be done by H to help you...fingers crossed all things work out for you!!! These things happen even to the nicest of people - I am sure it will all work out in the end!!!

Aww, thank you, that's so sweet of you :hugs:. I really hope my SA can do something for me. And while I'm typing this I'm getting sentimental again, I wonder if I could do anything to prevent this, I really feel awful.

Hi Chanel, I am sooooo sorry that this happened. I have ruined one of my bags once (it is not Hermes... but then it was my HG bag which i have searched for many years) so i totally understand how you feel.... But I am sure there is something they can do... do speak with your SA, and perhaps take it to see a craftsman around somewhere you live?

Also, perhaps u can as Doc (docride) at the vintage thread? She does miracles, and perhaps she can help out?

Hope you feel better! I am soooo sorry that this happened! :crybaby::hugs:

I'm SOOO sorry this happened, my dear.....Maybe it has improved with the spa and it won't be so visible. Talk about it with your SA when he comes back, but, in the end, also these accidents are what make our bags unique. I scratched up the back of my Box Birkin, quite badly, with a buckle on a pair of boots that I have, and I was really desperate when I saw it, but now I've learned to live with it. I'm sure that with use also your stain will gradually show less. Good luck!

Keep us posted:hugs:

This is just awful news and I feel so sorry for you:hugs:.

Is your bag insured? If it is ruined and if it has a proper insurance maybe you can get a new bag or at least get the front panel replaced?

I'm really sorry to hear this news. I hope some how your SA or SM will exchange the bag. Perhaps there is a flaw in the treatment of the leather or the application of the glue which allowed the water to permeate. If not I do have some advice for you... Rather than think of the bag as a "total write off" you can ask Paris to replace the front panel of the bag. This would be a fraction of the cost of a new bag. Expensive it is indeed but I've had this done once before. I wish you the best luck!!!

Hi Chanel, I am sooooo sorry that this happened. I have ruined one of my bags once (it is not Hermes... but then it was my HG bag which i have searched for many years) so i totally understand how you feel.... But I am sure there is something they can do... do speak with your SA, and perhaps take it to see a craftsman around somewhere you live?

Also, perhaps u can as Doc (docride) at the vintage thread? She does miracles, and perhaps she can help out?

Hope you feel better! I am soooo sorry that this happened! :crybaby::hugs:

Thank you for you sweet words and I'm sorry to hear about your HG bag. I hope it worked out at the end for your bag.

re craftsman: If a H. craftsman in Paris can't do anything about it, I don't think another craftsman can.
But if really nothing can be done anymore and my bag comes back home, I'll post pictures of it in this thread and in Doc's thread :yes:. Thank you for the suggestions Graciella and siuman :smile:.

duna: Thank you for your sweet words dear :hugs:. I can only imagine how you must have felt when you found out. Luckily it was on the back of your Birkin and not on the front. Did you sent it to the spa btw? I heard they're quite good with refurbishing Box leather ;).

I am so sorry to hear about this **Chanel**, as I know you've been looking forward to your birthday and hoping for your kelly's return. After you look at it, if you really can't live with it, do ask if H can replace the panel. Fingers crossed for you.

Aww, I am so so sorry about this Chanel! I hope that something can be done about the spot. I do think it will look less visible when it comes back from the Spa though. This is so sad, and I know how much you loved your Kelly. Fingers crossed that something can be done!:hugs:

Kashmira, I don´t think one could get any money from insurance because of a rain drop?

Thank you for you sweet words and I'm sorry to hear about your HG bag. I hope it worked out at the end for your bag.

re craftsman: If a H. craftsman in Paris can't do anything about it, I don't think another craftsman can.
But if really nothing can be done anymore and my bag comes back home, I'll post pictures of it in this thread and in Doc's thread :yes:. Thank you for the suggestions Graciella and siuman :smile:.

duna: Thank you for your sweet words dear :hugs:. I can only imagine how you must have felt when you found out. Luckily it was on the back of your Birkin and not on the front. Did you sent it to the spa btw? I heard they're quite good with refurbishing Box leather ;).

Yes, luckily it's on the back...I showed it to my SA, but she said it's not worth sending to the spa as they can't do much about scratches. But the good thing with Box is that the more it patinates, the more all the scratches blend in and show less. Of course, it will take time since my bag is also relatively new. I will send it to the spa maybe next Spring, after I've used it during the winter, and hopefully it will improve!

I was caught in the rain recently and luckily my bag was ok afterwards... I'm so sorry about that horrible spot... Ebene is very dark, is the spot lighter? Maybe you can take it to a craftsman that knows about leather and colours and can fix it. Don't be discouraged...
Hugs!