so, how long do you wait for a guy to call?

Well, if he doesn't call, just assume that he is a loser. And give him a week. After that, forget it. But if you REALLY like him, maybe send a text message that says, "What's taking you so long to call me?" Wink! (It's possible that he is just nervous.)

If he gives you a blah or lame response, then move on for good.

nope. i sent him a text message (i fibbed a little and said that my phone had been acting up so i was sorry if he had called and i hadn't gotten back to him) in an attempt to force him to show his hand without showing mine. we've texted back and for a few times this evening, but i get the idea that he's not particularly interested, which is what i wanted to know.

i still find it odd, based on his previous behavior, but i got the info i wanted and now i feel a ton better. i don't like to wonder!

well now for something completely different: he sent me a message tonight, we texted back and forth, he asked me to come meet him and a friend of his downtown (i made him say please), my roommate and i went down to say hi, and we really had a great time. i already have an invitation for an *actual* date.

so, in short, don't jump to conclusions and text messaging is a godsend!

well now for something completely different: he sent me a message tonight, we texted back and forth, he asked me to come meet him and a friend of his downtown (i made him say please), my roommate and i went down to say hi, and we really had a great time. i already have an invitation for an *actual* date.

YAY!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Good for you!!! when's the date?? where?? u gotta give us details!!! :yes:

ok i agree about not jumping to conclusions but i'd also like to add, don't wait around either:smile:

i'd also like to add that my roommate will possibly never, ever do me any favors ever again after making her make small talk for hours with the guy's friend. she understands that this is her duty and sacrifice as my girlfriend, though.

sorry but thats not a date...just because he asked you to join him with his friends...don't get confused! i would go on your real date rather than someone who is asking you to just hang with friends...go with the one who asked you out on your date!:yes:

sorry but thats not a date...just because he asked you to join him with his friends...don't get confused! i would go on your real date rather than someone who is asking you to just hang with friends...go with the one who asked you out on your date!:yes:

what? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: .. Amanda said "i already have an invitation for an *actual* date.".

i think you may have misread what i originally posted, hun.

we went out last night as a sort of get-to-know-you thing, which made me much more comfortable than trying to do one-on-one immediately. i'm 100% aware that it was NOT a date. it's how most people do things here, and frankly, it's what i prefer since there's much less pressure. after talking for a while last night, though, he asked me on a real date, and he stipulated that we could not bring friends :P. it went exactly how i would have wanted it to. there's no "other" guy asking me on dates, i'm not sure where you got that from.

Oh no! :wtf:

Men can be so weird sometimes!

I once waited for a guy to call...he was taking a course with me and I thought we had really hit it off. (This was in grad school several years ago). I waited a while for him to call, and one day he calls and asks if we might meet somewhere "Why don't we meet somewhere and I can buy you lunch?" That's a date, right? So we agree to meet at a rather upscale place on campus in two days. I was happy and picked out what I would wear , and my heart went pitter-pat, so to speak.

We sit down, order, and then he reaches into his bag, pulls out a folder and says "You know, I don't know how to answer questions 3 and 6 in homework 5..."

I was so annoyed that I ordered the most expensive item on the menu!

Well! Congrats! And I am NOW married, so I'm a bit out of the dating loop BUT, I didn't wait for the guy to call. I did in the beggining of my dating. Dated a super a$$hole who was super hot but after that I remembered who I was! If a guy didn't call me, I called him & blatantly asked him WTF was going on! I did it w/ DH & 6 years later we are still very happily married!

Seriously, sometimes guys need a bit of a "HELLO, I am an AWESOME catch, what don't you get?" And if they don't snap to attention you can rip them a new one!

JMHO! Good luck! Don't let them wear the pants. Put yourself out there & put your expectations on the table. Clear as day. IMO you can somewhat cut through the bullsh*t. Maybe this is a bit blunt or harsh, but h*ll, you're worth it!

i'll give it a few days and maybe send him a text message, even though i don't want to, and not because i think it's bad to call a guy. the reason that i wouldn't want to is that he said several times that HE would call, and if he likes me as much as he should, the possible risk should be well worth the possible reward for him.

Don't. There are two possible reasons as to why he isn't calling.

1, He is not interested in you.... No matter what he said or did. Or is hesitant because there is another in his life, decisions decisions.

2, He is a player and you have just been added to his emergency list. Guys do this. Thats why you get the month after you met him call. ;)

If a man is interested in you he will call very soon encase another is after you. Men are generally possessive with women, hence the need to keep the wolves at bay. I had a friend that met a woman and the next day was rushed to hospital. He still managed to call her after surgery!

Here is the biggest tip I can forward all women regaurding men. "Listen to your intuition." Amanda has already figured this out but is not listening. Even if he does call go back to #2. The fact he did not call right away is a big red flag!

Nylo

I can not tell you how many time I have seen, heard this, and at times done this. I am not being negative but this will probably not go anywhere. He made you chase him... And you did.

I'm a guy who was a former player and know men very well.

If you are serious about him then do not sleep with him for three weeks. Tell him this and see how he reacts. Will he chase you, be patient and understanding? Sound old fashion but this will usually thin out the jerks.

Nylo