so, how long do you wait for a guy to call?

well since this thread got brought back - an update. i talked to a close friend of his, who does not mince words (so i feel like i got the real story), and apparently, the guy does actually quite like me and wants to continue to see me, but has some personal issues that he's sorting through in regard to dating in general that have nothing at all to do with me - in essence, he met me at the wrong time.

from anyone else, this would sound like a line, and it's not at all what i expected to hear from his friend - i expected "dude, he doesn't like you, sorry." that's the kind of guy he is. so i'm more inclined to believe it from him.

the guy asked for another shot, but we eventually agreed that it wasn't a good idea. i've run into him since and we have a great time talking. for right now, he's ruled out.

yeah, things are sorted out with him, and we've got mutual friends, so i'm sure i haven't heard the last from him, but we've settled it for now. like i said, i've seen him since, and there's no bad blood and we have a good time.

our friends did ditch us at the bar we were at last time, though, because we spent an hour and a half off by ourselves talking. bastards.