Small things that make you happy!

I live where there's a very active Buy Nothing community and I've given a lot away and received some really great stuff too.

When I was a kid I wanted a Roomba, I thought they were the cooooolest thing. Mama Steel always said it would wander into my room and die :lol: I mean, she wasn't wrong...

I got a 620 iRobot from Buy Nothing and the previous owner gave me the rundown on diagnostics, thinking it just needed a new battery. A day, $19 and change later for a new battery later, I popped my new battery and my Roomba was cleaning up my house! He was so happy to hear that it lived on and admitted it would often get stuck... under beds! And now with young kids they found it wasn't meeting their needs, plus it was throwing the error. In a great motivating way it's getting *me* to better organize and pick up! I love the difference it's made for my psyche and my home. It does a great job with cat hair, litter crumbs, crumb crumbs, and really picks up well right up at the wall. Definitely not getting rid of Mama Steel's Miele vacuum but this is so good for every other day cleans!

I had a very difficult, if not impossible time vacuuming when I had murderous sciatica. I am very stubborn and like doing things MY WAY to a fault. I like being able to hit the clean button and it goes off and, well, cleans. I'll pick it up and pop it in another room or take it upstairs and let it run while I work or do other stuff.

I am so thankful for the help that my community does, how we've helped pitch in and sort/distribute after a parent passes away or goes to a care home, or even help with advice or quick repairs. I gave a pushbroom away and the recipients gifted me a still-warm loaf of bread and fresh strawberry jam!
I love my robot vacuum! I just sit on the couch while it works. I haven't used it as much now that we got new carpet because I don't like the look of the tracks it makes and I assume it doesn't get the stuff that is deep. This is what I really love about it: I shed a lot of hair. Every vacuum I've ever owned has succumbed to my hair, and I have to take them apart to get the hair out. My Dyson only works for about a day and then I have to take the entire thing apart. The robot doesn't have that problem. The hair gets wrapped around the brush but I just pop that out and clean it and it is back to chugging along. I can't help but anthropomorphize it - when I see it zipping around the house, I want to say "good boy!"

I love my robot vacuum! I just sit on the couch while it works. I haven't used it as much now that we got new carpet because I don't like the look of the tracks it makes and I assume it doesn't get the stuff that is deep. This is what I really love about it: I shed a lot of hair. Every vacuum I've ever owned has succumbed to my hair, and I have to take them apart to get the hair out. My Dyson only works for about a day and then I have to take the entire thing apart. The robot doesn't have that problem. The hair gets wrapped around the brush but I just pop that out and clean it and it is back to chugging along. I can't help but anthropomorphize it - when I see it zipping around the house, I want to say "good boy!"

I'm a pretty handy person and can take a lot of things apart and put them back together but I am pleased as punch how fast it was to install a new battery and how easy it was to NOT lose screws and set it running. I am also a shedder, my hair is now about as long as when I cut it 20 years ago--almost waist length! Slicing my hair wrapped around the rollers was as easy as running scissors thru it. And it's stupid simple to reassemble, that is the best part!

I love seeing it chug around the house, I tell it that it's doing such a great job going under my bar and under the sofa, like I'm a proud parent :lol:

My nighttime routine consists of having some mint and/or lemon lavender tea before bed. I had a nasty sinus headache that made me think I was having a cluster headache attack for the last day and a half but I made it go way. I was down on myself for losing the hours but I'm learning to recognize that I needed to give myself recovery time. It feels like a return to normal, I got enough done today that needed to be done, and tomorrow is going to be great!