Small Mulberry Bayswater - problem with handles.....

I've written to Mulberry regarding my flame sbs as the leather surface has been broken by the sharp point of the inking. All of my sbs have indents, some worse than others. I can live with that I suppose but not if the leather has been damaged. I've been told they are looking into this issue.

Do you think with continued use the leather would soften sufficiently that the indents wouldn't show so much? Does anyone have an sbs that they have used for a while that doesn't show the marks???? If anything, the ends of the seals on this bag are sharper than on my last one and I really am worried that eventually the leather will break or hole:nogood:

I've written to Mulberry regarding my flame sbs as the leather surface has been broken by the sharp point of the inking. All of my sbs have indents, some worse than others. I can live with that I suppose but not if the leather has been damaged. I've been told they are looking into this issue.
This is just what I was worried about. That the leather would eventually end up with a hole!

A couple of pics of the damage to my flame sbs:
IMG_1425_zpsa7855910.jpg

Extreme closeup!
IMG_1425copy_zpsef00969a.jpg

I have noticed these marks on a few of my bags. My regular Del Rey, Bayswaters and my small Bayswater satchel. Don't know why the handles have to have a pointy bit, some are worse than others. Ive only got small indentations but I will be keeping an eye on them. Most were not Outlet bags.

A couple of pics of the damage to my flame sbs:
IMG_1425_zpsa7855910.jpg

Extreme closeup!
IMG_1425copy_zpsef00969a.jpg

OMG. That is pretty bad! This is just what I am fussing about:sad: The new bag has even sharper points and I can't see how the leather will stand up to it. I intended to use my sbs as an everyday bag so how long will it last? I don't know what to do - maybe I should contact Mulberry again as the new one has marks on it just from sitting. I haven't even used it yet:sad:

It seems this is a design fault with S.B.S's if the inking is thick, this impacts just where the leather has an internal ridge. Perhaps when not worn with its long strap this could be placed between the handle and flap to minimise rubbing (but I do like the cotton wool idea)

Attachments

• P1010947.jpg
    P1010947.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 667
  • P1010948.jpg
    P1010948.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 661
Mulberry are going assess my flame sbs (UPS are coming to collect it)
I sent some photos of the indents on my other sbs's as asked and have been informed 'the indents do appear consistent with the age and wear of the individual bags', so it seems these marks are to be expected with use.

Mulberry are going assess my flame sbs (UPS are coming to collect it)
I sent some photos of the indents on my other sbs's as asked and have been informed 'the indents do appear consistent with the age and wear of the individual bags', so it seems these marks are to be expected with use.
The indents on my new replacement bag appeared overnight - I had just left it sitting out to spray it with Collonil in the morning. I couldn't believe my eyes - I hadn't even used it, so what will it be like after a few weeks? I contacted Mulberry - again - to let them know and they want this bag back also. I think they can keep sending bags back and forth to me but until they taper the point of the seal this is going to keep happening. The indents in the new bag were very deep - the seal points are sharper than on the last bag and this is their new 'facelift' model. Lots of good suggestions such as using cottonwool when in storage but I had planned to use the sbs as my everyday bag. I think it will end up with punctured leather, which isn't really on for a bag at this price?

The indents on my new replacement bag appeared overnight - I had just left it sitting out to spray it with Collonil in the morning. I couldn't believe my eyes - I hadn't even used it, so what will it be like after a few weeks? I contacted Mulberry - again - to let them know and they want this bag back also. I think they can keep sending bags back and forth to me but until they taper the point of the seal this is going to keep happening. The indents in the new bag were very deep - the seal points are sharper than on the last bag and this is their new 'facelift' model. Lots of good suggestions such as using cottonwool when in storage but I had planned to use the sbs as my everyday bag. I think it will end up with punctured leather, which isn't really on for a bag at this price?
I did point out that new bags have these indentations and it is a design fault (and not purely wear and tear) but I didn't get a response to that. I don't think the dents would make holes in the nvt leather-just maybe the delicate finish bags. Funnily my oldest bag-an oak printed ledbury which is basically the same bag, has no dents that I can see! I think the cotton wool idea may work to keep the dents from getting too deep but it is a ridiculous solution when you think about it!