Small Mulberry Bayswater - problem with handles.....

I too have noticed the indents but they are not too bad at the minute. However I had to return my bag to be repaired 2 weeks ago as the bottom of the handle had split and whatever was inside was poking out. I called for an update today and I should hear for definite next week but depending on stock levels I am apparently to receive a brand new SBS.........which makes me wonder where will my bag go?!

Any news on anyones sbs? I have (cough) 4 sbs's in black, choc, oak and red onion. After following this thread I checked mine and I recently took the choc and oak in for repair because they had bad indents on the back where the handles go. The oak also had some stitching coming undone. My black one - the oldest - is good, no big indents! The red onion is ok too, maybe because the leather is so different. However the choc can't be repaired and so far the ones I've been offered all have the indents. I'm waiting to hear about the oak. The SA is being very helpful but can't seem to find one without dents. I'm not sure what to do........:nogood::sad:

I got a phone call at the weekend about mine which is away getting fixed, they are changing the handles. Agreed that the edges are too sharp, and although mine had never been used they would eventually damage the leather. Was offered a new bag, but due to sentimental reasons I would prefer this one sorted. Told another couple of weeks. Keep you posted.

Well I've been told I can have a replacement for choc sbs, but oak could be repaired - oak had stitching coming undone on handles near where they press in to the flap. The SA has put the oak repair on hold though as all the choc sbs's in the store had dents in them. So I've been advised to look at different styles because according to the SA all the nvt sbs's seem to have the problem dents. Has anyone found a new sbs without dents? My black one is fine and it was the oldest of my sbs's. Not sure of what other styles to look at, I still like the traditional look Mulberry - ledbury with a strap! Any ideas? Or should I try to find a choc sbs without dents if it's even possible? I'm less bothered about the oak, choc was my preferred colour.

I've just sent my Union Jack Bays in for the same reason - it has never been used, but already has indents, particularly on one side where the inking is really sharp at the bottom - just from being stored carefully in its dust bag.

Really hoping they can fix it... I love the UJ postman's lock and they are no longer available...

I just heard back today and they can't fix the handles as they don't have the correct knife!. I'm getting it changed to a new SBS for no extra costs. The agreed that there definitely seems to be an issue with the handles on the last bunch of the older SBS. They did say however that some of the old style will be available in August.

I just heard back today and they can't fix the handles as they don't have the correct knife!. I'm getting it changed to a new SBS for no extra costs. The agreed that there definitely seems to be an issue with the handles on the last bunch of the older SBS. They did say however that some of the old style will be available in August.

Well done on securing replacements!
Hmm, very interesting, one of my sbs's that actually had had the leather punctured was deemed repairable by just polishing the dents and shaving down the inking!

Well I've been told I can have a replacement for choc sbs, but oak could be repaired - oak had stitching coming undone on handles near where they press in to the flap. The SA has put the oak repair on hold though as all the choc sbs's in the store had dents in them. So I've been advised to look at different styles because according to the SA all the nvt sbs's seem to have the problem dents. Has anyone found a new sbs without dents? My black one is fine and it was the oldest of my sbs's. Not sure of what other styles to look at, I still like the traditional look Mulberry - ledbury with a strap! Any ideas? Or should I try to find a choc sbs without dents if it's even possible? I'm less bothered about the oak, choc was my preferred colour.

I don't think I've seen any SBS in core colour without indents. The only time I saw one without is with the SBS in poppy red that literally just came out. It's a different leather, ever so soft and devine. Not sure if they would let you have it though since it just came out

Just been and collected my new SBS, much happier although tiny dent nothing like what the old one had. Also got a can of waterstop spray complementary. Was looking at shoes was told they were going in the sale and they offered to get my size from another store as they didn't have my size in the colour I wanted. Said I'd get back to them, but at least I now know the size I need. Customer service in Edinburgh store is 10/10.