Sister wives

Oh man....

(1) I had no idea Meri and Janelle hated each other in the early years. Pretty interesting. Janelle was trying so hard to keep a poker face on while Meri was talking about it.

(2) Kody is easily and by far the biggest douchebag I've ever seen. Interviewer "You were not attracted to Christine when you met?" Kody: "That's an understatement". Really?! What purpose does it serve 15 years later to bring this up? And if he didn't find Christine attractive because she was "chubby", how the heck did he find Janelle attractive?

(3) It took three seasons but finally some of the true supressed feelings are coming out. Loved Meri's retort to Janelle "I'm sorry you think I took something you thought was yours". I can see both sides of the argument regarding Meri's house. But what are they supposed to do, buy 3 big houses next to each other and shove Meri in an apartment somewhere?

(4) Those checks they wrote were for $5000 each (I saw the camera linger on Robyn's check for a second). Is that really enough of a down payment?

(5) Instead of starting silly businesses GET A J-O-B. 5 adults, 0 jobs. I don't get it. "My Sister Wives Closet" has got to be the dumbest idea for a business ever. Your target market for the sister wives themed products is so microscopic you'll never make $ off it. If anything they should "design" and make purses, jewelry etc that is generic not with a damn Sister Wives logo all over it.

(6) Kody is a douche.

I think you summed up all my feelings :lol:

I totally get Janelle's feelings about Meri having a big house - it doesn't make sense to me either??

They have money issues yet Meri is getting a 7 bedroom home with only 1 kid going off the college next year??

I bet the resentment goes back to when they lives in Utah.. In the first season they discussed how the finances worked and if I remember correctly Cody & Janelle split the big bills evenly (mortgage, car payments, insurance etc) and then Cody supported Christine and Janelle supported Meri...they each got the same amount of money to run their "household" yet Meri only had 1 kid to support, thats why she always had money left over for nicer things that Janelle & Christine couldn't afford for themselves or their kids...

I totally get Janelle's feelings about Meri having a big house - it doesn't make sense to me either??

They have money issues yet Meri is getting a 7 bedroom home with only 1 kid going off the college next year??

I bet the resentment goes back to when they lives in Utah.. In the first season they discussed how the finances worked and if I remember correctly Cody & Janelle split the big bills evenly (mortgage, car payments, insurance etc) and then Cody supported Christine and Janelle supported Meri...they each got the same amount of money to run their "household" yet Meri only had 1 kid to support, thats why she always had money left over for nicer things that Janelle & Christine couldn't afford for themselves or their kids...
No, Meri worked in Utah. I believe shortly after season one aired she lost her job. So Janelle didn't support Meri financially, they had three incomes split between the three families.

No, Meri worked in Utah. I believe shortly after season one aired she lost her job. So Janelle didn't support Meri financially, they had three incomes split between the three families.

They have said they divide the responsibility for bill payments based on each person's income level. So the person who makes the most money, pays the most in bills.

According to them, Janelle and Cody have always made the most money - even when Meri worked she said she made very little compared the Cody & Janelle...Janelle's money was thrown in to bring up Meri's monthly income and Cody supported Christine as she didn't work outside the home

If that's the case, i wonder if there is some sort of hierarchy that they follow. Meri being the first (and only legal) wife, I wonder if she's "entitled" to be supported by "lower" wives? In any case, I see no reason why Kody, Meri and Janelle have not been employed for what, a year, two years, however long it's been since they left Utah. Robyn and Christine have babies so I can see why they need to be SAHMs right now but the others? Half azzed business ideas and fretting about $ on camera when none of them work.

Cody was answering all the hard questions posed to Meri - I wish he wasn't there and we got to the truth of Janelle and Meri's past...

Not surprised Meri made Janelle feel unwelcome in the home after she was married into the family, she seems means & bitter....I like that Janelle said she didn't care how Meri felt about her getting pregnant first since Meri wasn't nice to her anyways

Janelle's kids are my favourites - love Logan, Hunter & Maddie!

Robyn's new jewellery line is ugly...she cries too much...was she wearing socks with sandals??

I agree that Meri does not need as big a house as the rest of them but she should still have a nice house and I don't think anyone was saying she shouldn't.

Meri was let go of her job shortly after they came out with the truth about their lives.

Kody really needs to learn some tact. The things he said about Christine and the nachos were so hurtful.

Clothing?? Good luck with that ladies! Who the heck would even wear the 'SW' jewelry? Oh and I agree, they need to get JOBS and stop complaining about not having money. Speaking of money, I wonder what TLC is paying them? (Why do I even watch this show, lol?!)