side swept bangs?

^^Use a round metal brush under the bangs and lift up while aiming the blowdryer at them. You can also pull in more of an outward direction and they will have less curl/volume but a similar effect.

i used to have side swept bangs, and to make them stay in place i definitely recommend aveda hair spray. you can use a ton and it still doesn't look crunchy and they stay in place.

I agree with everyone, make sure you bring pictures with you of what you want. When I first got side swept bangs, I was afraid they wouldn't come out right. But thankfully they did. The only thing I use to style them is a flat iron because I have some baby hair that gets super unruly. Luckily I don't have to use hairspray or gel. Good luck with getting them done and take some pics too!

Ive been going thru the same thing. For some odd reason, hairdressers can't seem to get these side-swept bangs right on me. The last two times I noticed when parting hair, there are always a few strands way way longer so of course I start snipping. ANyway, I find while hair wet I blow dry in the right direction. Today though, I didn't wash hair and now the bags are separating down the middle. I probably should of put a bobby pin in before going to sleep. I'm going to try that Aveda hairspray someone mentioned.

^^ maybe you have a cowlick?

I usually wash my hair at night, so in the morning I use a large round brush and aim a hot dryer at my bangs for just a few seconds to smooth them out, then I use a flat iron to reduce pouffy-ness... I've got wavy hair and my bangs have bit of a tendancy to spring up.

then I use a little bit of Garnier fibre-gum putty... just a tiny little bit! to "place" the bangs right where I like them. mist with just a bit of hair spray, and viola! Perfection! Takes me about 2 minutes total.

My hairstylist showed me how to blow dry mine with a large brush. She actually recommended pulling them in the opposite direction that they're parted first (for more volume), then pulling them over to the side that you part your hair, all the while using the large brush to help dry them faster. Then I straighten them so they're not as poofy. Right now mine are getting soooo embarrassingly long, I might have to pop in to another stylist just to get them fixed!

I can't ever get my bangs to stay to the side the way I want them! I'm going to try the Aveda spray and I may try some pomade/wax. Does anyone else use this and if so what kind? I saw some by Pantene today that I almost bought.

I had side bangs for a short bit a couple years ago and they drove me crazy! They were always in my eyes, they'd lay wrong, and they made my forehead break out from the hair constantly sitting there. So I grew them out and for awhile just always wore my hair just parted or straight back, but then I thought up a new trick. Now when I wear headbands I comb a section of the front forward on one side and then tuck it behind my ear, then I put the headband on leaving the "fake side bang" part in front, and adjust it so it looks like bangs. It stays in place all day b/c the headband holds it, the hair is long enough and secured so it doesn't flop around everywhere, and I don't have greasy hair sitting on my face every moment of the day!

^^^Thats a great idea!!

I managed to gather the courage to ask someone today in Nordies where they get their hair cut - they had the perfect side swept bangs - I am sooo glad I stopped her, she even had the stylists business card with her and gave it to me, and her name so that I could say who's bangs I wanted mine like - I felt so fortunate!

My hairstylist showed me how to blow dry mine with a large brush. She actually recommended pulling them in the opposite direction that they're parted first (for more volume), then pulling them over to the side that you part your hair, all the while using the large brush to help dry them faster.

That's what my stylist tells me to do too. In my case it gets rid of a cow lick I have.

Similar to Jelly Bebe...

What I do is I use those brushes with lots of fine brissels like http://www.sallybeauty.com/Professi...rip/SBS-217306,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair10-02 . I basically brush my bangs the opposite way while blow drying as if I was going to sides sweep it to the left, then back to the regular, then back to left...then normal..back and forth until its dry and volumous. My final brushing would of course be in the direction I want it. FYI, I would also apply just a little bit of moose, which is why the brush with fine brissels is so important if you have fine hair like me. Otherwise, it would finish would "sections" of strands...which is quite annoying =)

A huge barrell brush is the key. I use a tigi roll brush and blow dry it out.
And if my hair is being stubborn, I usually just use some hair shine and that keeps it in place, otherwise use some hairspray