*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

Here is my sterling silver Tiffany aquamarine DTBY necklace that my SO got me for Valentine's DAy this year!
IMG-20110328-00097.jpg

And I did what ammpt0831 did with their neckalces, and looped my heart with my DTBY:

IMG-20110328-00098.jpg

LOL, yeah, the search can be really cluttered. I've been looking at a yg one for myself. Unfortunately, Tiffany only has dbty in platinum and not wg, so the price will be significantly more. . .

I know, I was surprised when I saw that on their website, I thought for sure they would have had a WG one!

It's interesting that you should say that because years and years ago (back in the '70s) when it was first introduced, they offered 4 sizes and the largest was just under 1 carat.

The whole point was supposed to be a bit of sparkle at the throat on an almost invisible chain. All the ads showed tiny diamonds with huge sparkle. I saved all the ads!

Then people started wanting large diamonds and the look really changed, but I don't like it as much.

This is what I'm going for, I don't really like delicate jewelry on me, it's just not who I am. I want something that will add some sparkle at my throat, and that I can possibly layer with other pieces, which is why I'm unsure if the Roberto Coin piece will work for me. I looked at Blue Nile also, but it's about the same price as the RC one for that size, and I don't think my mom will be willing to go higher in price lol.

If you want to stick with WG I highly suggest Bluenile. I've heard the Roberto Coin ones aren't very sparkley. If you really like the make of Tiffany's, Brian Gavin's is a match as far as the make.

If you want to stick with WG I highly suggest Bluenile. I've heard the Roberto Coin ones aren't very sparkley. If you really like the make of Tiffany's, Brian Gavin's is a match as far as the make.

Thanks for this, I've been checking out Blue Nile more today and I think I found what I want. Going to talk to my mom now and see what she says :yahoo:

You might have already seen it, but here is my thread on my Bluenile DBTY and how it differs from Tiffany's.
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/bluenile-bezel-dbty-type-necklace-review-and-pictures-661720.html
I can't remember what I spent anymore, but I think I got a .32 in white gold at BlueNile for about what the 0.12 cost at tiffany's...I think.
Anyhow, I've only taken mine off maybe 3 times for a thorough cleaning. I even sleep and shower in it. I LOVE it.

I had looked through your thread before, but thank you for posting it again, since I have been debating about getting a 0.30 carat pendant versus the .25 I was thinking about before. I talked with my mom, she said she'll discuss it with my dad, so I'm hoping that they'll agree and I'll be able to order it and wear it in time for my graduation in May! :nuts:

Question, which of these would you go with? (I'm attaching a photo with this for the 5 I'm comparing)

I'm looking for a nice piece of bling (lol) at my throat, and that I could potentially layer (with possibly a smaller diamond at some other point and time). My parents gave me a much larger budget than what I was anticipating and my dad told me to upgrade the specs and size of what I was originally looking at. :heart: However, I'm unsure of which one to go with (and the price them doesn't matter).

Attachments

• diamond pendant.jpg
    diamond pendant.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 10,235
Question, which of these would you go with? (I'm attaching a photo with this for the 5 I'm comparing)

I'm looking for a nice piece of bling (lol) at my throat, and that I could potentially layer (with possibly a smaller diamond at some other point and time). My parents gave me a much larger budget than what I was anticipating and my dad told me to upgrade the specs and size of what I was originally looking at. :heart: However, I'm unsure of which one to go with (and the price them doesn't matter).

I would get #1 or #5.

I would input the diamond specs into the HCA calculator and see how it performs there. Also, I think for such the size of the diamond, you can go down to an H color without seeing a difference in color. But I leave this to the diamond experts, ame and skphoto - they know much, much more than me!

I would input the diamond specs into the HCA calculator and see how it performs there. Also, I think for such the size of the diamond, you can go down to an H color without seeing a difference in color. But I leave this to the diamond experts, ame and skphoto - they know much, much more than me!

(this goes to show how little I actually know, lol) but I didn't even know that calculator existed. THANK YOU for posting this, I eliminated some really shoddy diamonds this way!

I finally picked a stone out, I'm going to sleep on it and then order it tomorrow, and I'll finally post it when I get it in May. Thank you everyone for all of your help! :biggrin:

I would say that the cut is going to be the most important factor here.
It is so hard, in my opinion, to judge a diamond simply from specs, but... I would go with 5 as my first choice, and then 1 as my second choice.
Good luck with your decision!

I know, I was debating for several hours last night about which one to go with, I know that if I were to line them all up, I'm almost positive I wouldn't be disappointed in any of them, but on paper I wanted to get one that I thought would be amazing, so I wouldn't have to worry about being not liking it an sending it back, ya know?

I ordered it this morning, and I basically went with the first one in the list I posted, but when I ran the HCA on that first one, it wasn't as good as the one I did pick. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait until May to get it now! :happydance:

Hi! When will you get your necklace? I am sorry I didn't come back to help you pick a diamond...I love doing that stuff, but I was away on vacation. I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Hi! When will you get your necklace? I am sorry I didn't come back to help you pick a diamond...I love doing that stuff, but I was away on vacation. I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

That's fine, no worries! :smile: It was delivered to my parent's house yesterday, but I won't get it (or even get to see it) until the beginning of May as a birthday/graduation gift! My mom already took it out of the packaging and said it's gorgeous, so I'm not too worried about being disappointed! :biggrin: