*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

Thanks everyone for all ur advices. I'm going to take the plunge. Am on vacation in Hawaii so am hoping to get it here as my souvenior from the trip. Will hopefully make it back to the store tomorrow or Friday. Even though I can get it back home, I would love this necklace to remind me of Hawaii.

Thanks everyone for all ur advices. I'm going to take the plunge. Am on vacation in Hawaii so am hoping to get it here as my souvenior from the trip. Will hopefully make it back to the store tomorrow or Friday. Even though I can get it back home, I would love this necklace to remind me of Hawaii.

I hope you got it! I just got mine and I am so in :love:!! It is definitely an investment but I think it's worth it. It's one of those staple pieces that every woman, imo, should have as part of their jewelry collection!

Just received my yg .05 dbty yesterday. The diamond is so teeny tiny and smaller than I thought it would be, but oh so sparkly. The photo does not show how sparkly it really is. Will definitely upgrade to a larger stone when I can afford it, but for now, I will enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 15,047
Reactions: Niamh_ and Louish
Hey, if any of you have bought the DBTY necklace from Tiffany Co, no matter it's made of silver, gold or platinum, feel free to post pictures of you items or write something down towards your necklace, here is mine::P
Shopbaby, I just bought the yg dbty .05 pendant. It's lovely, but the diamond is so small. I'm thinking of paying the extra $150 for the .08 size, but only want to do it if it's noticeably bigger. Should I go for the .08, or is it not worth paying the extra money? Were you able to compare the .05 and .08 side by side when you bought yours?

shopbaby and FlgirlFM - lovely pieces!

I've been eyeing the DBTY single stone but I'm not sure if I like the the platinum or yellow gold better in my skin tone. I'm Asian female (mac NC20 skin tone) in late twenties. :smile: Suggestions?
Sara, did you buy your dbty, and did you choose yg or platinum? I chose the yg and it looks great for my asian skin tone.

Sara, did you buy your dbty, and did you choose yg or platinum? I chose the yg and it looks great for my asian skin tone.

Hi littleonemama! I ended up getting a Van Cleef & Arpels necklace instead of the Tiffany dbty. When I tried on the VCA necklace, the yg looked better on my skin tone but I ended up with wg because my jewelry collection mostly consists of wg/platinum/silver. Your dbty looks lovely on you! :smile:

*bump

I've been hinting (well more like telling him lol) to DH that I want a diamond necklace and I think it should be Tiffany DBYT. I tried on the .08 platinum and it was so teeny tiny but some major sparkle there! Should I take the plunge and if so, platinum? The price for sterling silver is attractive thou :graucho:

Oh but with the price, I can get an 18k white gold with a .4 diamond on bluenile! Even more attractive price... Although, I can see a difference in the thickness of the chain, or is that just me?

Not Tiffany, but I have an A. Link .51 carat dbty style necklace. I had a Tiffany dbty in .41 (but returned it) and feel like Tiffany's .41 is almost the same size as A. Link's .51 carat. This is because Tiffany's dbty diamonds are more shallow so the table of the diamond is quite large, giving the illusion it is much bigger than it really is. My A. Link diamond, on the other hand, is very "deep" so the diamond sticks out a lot from the bezel.

In any case, I really prefer A. Link's chain more - it's thicker, much more substantial and doesn't tangle as easily as my Tiffany necklaces!! Here it is with my Tiffany three diamond pendant in platinum (which has turned quite greyish):

attachment.php

*bump

I've been hinting (well more like telling him lol) to DH that I want a diamond necklace and I think it should be Tiffany DBYT. I tried on the .08 platinum and it was so teeny tiny but some major sparkle there! Should I take the plunge and if so, platinum? The price for sterling silver is attractive thou :graucho:

Oh but with the price, I can get an 18k white gold with a .4 diamond on bluenile! Even more attractive price... Although, I can see a difference in the thickness of the chain, or is that just me?

It's not just you. The Blue Nile chain is quite a bit thicker than the Tiffany's ones. I posted a thread comparing them here http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/my-blue-nile-dbty-lots-of-pics-701693.html. The bezel work that BN does is also very different but the price difference was too big for me to pass up. I love that I was able to get a larger diamond for less of the price.

Not Tiffany, but I have an A. Link .51 carat dbty style necklace. I had a Tiffany dbty in .41 (but returned it) and feel like Tiffany's .41 is almost the same size as A. Link's .51 carat. This is because Tiffany's dbty diamonds are more shallow so the table of the diamond is quite large, giving the illusion it is much bigger than it really is. My A. Link diamond, on the other hand, is very "deep" so the diamond sticks out a lot from the bezel.

In any case, I really prefer A. Link's chain more - it's thicker, much more substantial and doesn't tangle as easily as my Tiffany necklaces!! Here it is with my Tiffany three diamond pendant in platinum (which has turned quite greyish):

attachment.php

Kohl that YG pendant is gorgeous! I have been thinking about taking the plunge and getting a YG DBTY. Yours looks perfect. Do you mind me asking if the price of the A link one was comparable to the T&Co one? I tried searching their website but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance!

Kohl that YG pendant is gorgeous! I have been thinking about taking the plunge and getting a YG DBTY. Yours looks perfect. Do you mind me asking if the price of the A link one was comparable to the T&Co one? I tried searching their website but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance!

Hi NurseAnn!!! Thank you so much! The A. Link pendant I got was actually from Rue La La! It's .51 carats, I color SI1 clarity for $1599 (no tax or shipping charged). Original price I believe was $3400 (as advertised on RLL site). The .41 carat H VS1 Tiffany I got I think was around $2600? plus I had to pay tax. And I think they've had a few price increases since so it might be more now. The price I got my A. Link pendant was actually very comparable to Blue Nile. I wish I could've gotten a higher clarity/color for my A. Link, but I had no choice. But the diamond sparkles like crazy so I can't complain :P

I priced a similar pendant on BN and it was about $50 cheaper than the A. Link pendant. The only hesitation I have about buying from Blue Nile is that the gold setting quality is inconsistent. I've seen a lot of members posting pictures of crooked/uneven bezels, etc., but I wouldn't rule out getting one from them!

Edit: I see you have a beautiful BN dbty!! Why not get one in yg as well??

Hi NurseAnn!!! Thank you so much! The A. Link pendant I got was actually from Rue La La! It's .51 carats, I color SI1 clarity for $1599 (no tax or shipping charged). Original price I believe was $3400 (as advertised on RLL site). The .41 carat H VS1 Tiffany I got I think was around $2600? plus I had to pay tax. And I think they've had a few price increases since so it might be more now. The price I got my A. Link pendant was actually very comparable to Blue Nile. I wish I could've gotten a higher clarity/color for my A. Link, but I had no choice. But the diamond sparkles like crazy so I can't complain :P

I priced a similar pendant on BN and it was about $50 cheaper than the A. Link pendant. The only hesitation I have about buying from Blue Nile is that the gold setting quality is inconsistent. I've seen a lot of members posting pictures of crooked/uneven bezels, etc., but I wouldn't rule out getting one from them!

Edit: I see you have a beautiful BN dbty!! Why not get one in yg as well??

Thank you for all that info. I will be checking that website out soon! I love my BN pendant but I'm convinced that I could do better on the bezel. The diamond itself is amazing but the BN bezel is in no way perfect. I just couldn't pass up the huge difference in price (and the fact that I could get a wayyyy bigger diamond). I'm hoping this A link pendant could be a good compromise!