Show your *love* for Chanel Ballet Flats

hi everyone,

looking for some sizing help here!

i am a true us 7.5 in shoes. i tried a pair of quilted suede ballet flats in sizes 37.5 and 38. i was slipping out of the 38 when i was walking around in the store and they were all around a little too wide and long. at first when i tried on the 37.5 - it felt like the perfect fit but after a few minutes they felt a little tight. the width everywhere else is good but the toe box felt a little tight and and the top of my big toe felt a little uncomfortable (i guess because it was touching the the top of the shoe). the SA said i should go with the 37.5 as i was slipping out of the 38s and she said they would stretch. and even a cobbler could stretch it out a little.

question is - will these stretch in the toe box? im sure they will because they are suede all shoes end up stretching after a few wears but would like to know your experiences.

thanks so much!

hi everyone,

looking for some sizing help here!

i am a true us 7.5 in shoes. i tried a pair of quilted suede ballet flats in sizes 37.5 and 38. i was slipping out of the 38 when i was walking around in the store and they were all around a little too wide and long. at first when i tried on the 37.5 - it felt like the perfect fit but after a few minutes they felt a little tight. the width everywhere else is good but the toe box felt a little tight and and the top of my big toe felt a little uncomfortable (i guess because it was touching the the top of the shoe). the SA said i should go with the 37.5 as i was slipping out of the 38s and she said they would stretch. and even a cobbler could stretch it out a little.

question is - will these stretch in the toe box? im sure they will because they are suede all shoes end up stretching after a few wears but would like to know your experiences.

thanks so much!

I have this same problem with the toe box on my lambskin flats. They do loosen up, but it takes a long time.

thanks! so they eventually do? the left side is pretty comfy - just the right side im worried about.

Yes, eventually. The flats I just posted above I got a year ago, and have worn at least twenty times, and they are still tight in the toe box. But my flats I've had for longer than that have loosened up. Of course, suede might be different than lambskin

I am not a fan of his shoe as I don't like the lace look on a shoe. For durability, I have had fabric before and while they will not fall apart, for this shoe, I think they will get dirty fast (leather is much more forgiving). Plus, and these are the two bigger issues for me... because they are fabric they do not give and feel soft like leather and also, the style is a bit odd to wear as a casual everyday shoe.

Hands down I would get the classic lambskin. You will use it far more and it will last forever. My ballets last forever; they are very tough.

Just my two cents. Good luck.

Thank you so much! They are almost white, certainly will get dirty very easily.
I hadn't thought of it :smile:

Thank you so much! They are almost white, certainly will get dirty very easily.
I hadn't thought of it :smile:

Hi! White is a great color and I love my white ballets; they are the ones I wear the most in summer. So don't be afraid of white, I love white shoes, bags, jeans. I would just suggest getting lambskin ballets instead of fabric.

Good luck to you! I hope you do find your perfect ballet!

Thanks to everyone that replied! Does anyone know if the stitched logo on the toe cap is supposed to be exactly the same on every other ballet flats? I compared my authentic ballet flats to these slightly used ones I just got, and the slightly used shoes' CC logo looks alittle skinnier than the original one. This is what the logo looks like IMG_1507001679.435024.jpg

hi, I passed up on an opportunity to buy the Ballerinas in black (in calfskin): http://www.chanel.com/en_SG/fashion...skin-black.17K.G02819Y5156494305.cat.bal.html from my local store because the only piece that was available was a display piece. Its my first time buying a pair of Ballerinas so I was rather ignorant and assumed that they will surely restock it and I will have the chance to get it another time. I have been stalking the store and recently found out that they won't restock it per season, and it depends on whether this exact pair (i.e. all black, calfskin leather, non-patent / quilted) comes back next season (expected in Dec). the SA won't commit to much but wanted to check - based on your experience, is it common for this exact pair of Ballerinas to come back in another season? have you guys seen it appear before in previous season? hope I won't have to wait too long... or that it will actually come back! thanks!

hi, I passed up on an opportunity to buy the Ballerinas in black (in calfskin): http://www.chanel.com/en_SG/fashion...skin-black.17K.G02819Y5156494305.cat.bal.html from my local store because the only piece that was available was a display piece. Its my first time buying a pair of Ballerinas so I was rather ignorant and assumed that they will surely restock it and I will have the chance to get it another time. I have been stalking the store and recently found out that they won't restock it per season, and it depends on whether this exact pair (i.e. all black, calfskin leather, non-patent / quilted) comes back next season (expected in Dec). the SA won't commit to much but wanted to check - based on your experience, is it common for this exact pair of Ballerinas to come back in another season? have you guys seen it appear before in previous season? hope I won't have to wait too long... or that it will actually come back! thanks!

It's a seasonal shoe. Check other stores for your size or get the display pair. There is nothing wrong with a display shoe if it's not all scuffed up.
When you are at the end of a season, everything has been tried on. You may get a shoe "from the back" but for sure it has been tried on by now. We are getting cruise items soon.

Good luck!

So guys, my friend is selling this one and I'm thinking about buying it, I think it's very pretty but can someone tell me if it's fragile? kinda looks fragile...

View attachment 3810890
As other people said, fabric shoes will get dirty faster. I have both fabric and leather shoes. I only wear the delicate fabric shoes on occasions when I'm in a controlled, indoor environment (not walking down the street). I assume those are the occasions delicate shoes are designed for. I would never wear these walking through the subway or on the pavement going to work!!

So buy them if you believe you'll get enough special occasion use out of them. They are SO pretty!!!!