Show us your TATS!!!

I have two sparrows, one on each shoulder blade area, facing each other. I also have a blue/black nautical star with two smaller blue stars on either side of it, on my lower back.

:heart: Lovely tattoos.

I'm in the planning stages for mine; a pair of dart frogs on a flower. Not sure which species of DF or what flower though :lol: I'd love a tat on my foot but I hear the upkeep can be a pain.

I've only got 1. It's an angel, more like a cherub, in a diaper with blonde curly hair, standing on a cloud holding the sub on one hand and the moon in the other hand and big wide wings. The colour didn't show up properly because my skin is dark, but i love it. I got it during the 2000 Sydney Olympics and designed it myself. I'll see if i can get a pic of it when i get home :smile:

amanda said:
i'm thinking about getting the song lyric "you should never be embarassed by your trouble with living, because it's the ones with the sorest throats that have done the most singing" done across my shoulders. a very special person in my life that's also an artist offered to draw it out for me if i wanted him to, and i think i'll probably have him do it for me one day.

plz do it, Amanda. Because Conor Oberst IS an amazing lyricist and that quote it GORGEOUS.

I have been all MIA. I serrrriously want to know all about that situation with the boy, plz!

AND.

I have a Thursday Dove on my right hip area.

& I'm STILL searching for the perfect song lyric to tattoo on my back ( middle back, I just dont care for the lower back ones.)

Attachments

• thursdaydove.jpg
    thursdaydove.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 24
I have 2 tats. one on my hip of a dolphin i got wheni was 16 adn one on my back when i turned 18. will try and take pics. i love thema nd sooo want one more.

Latin.jpg
Dragon.jpg

WristTattoo.jpg

this is mine...
it's a leaf and vine design, cos i love the symbolic meaning of leaves.. the mortality, fragility, "new leaf"/change/growth/renewal; plus being attached to a central vine as source of life, like it says in the bible.

i got it placed exactly where no one would ever see it unless i showed them deliberately, even if i wore a tank top or hipsters, unless i deliberately wore a backless top/dress..
cos i can't be bothered dealing with people's perceptions/judgements, so this way i avoid it and only told people who were cool with it.

also, i placed it on my back cos i knew that if i could see it everyday, i would get tired of it very quickly... this way, i only occasionally see it, so it can visually last me forever.

aaand, i wanted it placed somewhere that wouldn't sag and get droopy w age.. ie, not on my boob/hip.

the pain... it was bad, but bearable.. i basically silent-screamed my way through the 1/2hr, biting down on my hand..
it felt hot.. and like an extended cat scratch (like a cat claw hooked into my flesh and pulling slowly). but i would totally do it again..

in fact, i'd like to get one on my bum next... maybe one with a similar design theme

Attachments

• tattA.JPG
    tattA.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 31
Here's my tat, it's located on my right arm between my wrist and forearm. I got it around 34 yrs old, when I was very happy with myself and finally comfortable in my own skin. It's the chinese symbol of my horoscope. I was thinking of adding the horoscope of the love of my life...my 4 yr old son, luckily my husband is the same as my son's! :amuse: My husband almost wanted to divorce me for getting the tattoo! Sometimes, he'll get these notions in his head about women having tattoos, blah, blah, blah! We didn't talk for 4 days but, he finally gave in and we discussed it and in the end he ended up wanting to get one too!

Attachments

• DSCN2490.JPG
    DSCN2490.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 23
yes, it's a celtic cross. they had the design at the tattoo place. i really was only looking at the designs, i didn't really plan on getting one but i liked the design a lot...