Home & Garden Show us your kitchen

i have a love hate relationship with my kitchen

i love that it's big and i have more than enough counter space and cupboard space. i also love my fridge
however i hate the ugly white tile countertops and hideous builder grade cabinets

Love your fridge, too! That's the same one we chose for our new kitchen!

I want to post pics of our FINISHED kitchen, but we are STILL waiting on baseboards and trim (around doors and windows). Grr.

here's a couple of pics - not the best, but it's all I have!
The closer up of my stove/oven - I don't leave the spices out like that :nogood:

Attachments

• IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,791
  • l1ac1f642-m4x.jpg
    l1ac1f642-m4x.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,836
In my last kitchen we painted the island a rich creamy color and then rubbed a warm walnut stain over it/fauxed it and loved that. But I crave color, so I'm thinking of a deep barn red w/ a brown stain rubbed over it. We have a built-in and 2 pieces of furniture in the breakfast room this antiqued reddish color and I love them. You can barely see them in the b'fast room in one of the pics.
I'm also about to change the nickel colored hardware and we're thinking of changing the current apron sink to a copper apron sink... always projects!
Here's the old island.

Attachments

• photo 2-3.JPG
    photo 2-3.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,558
  • photo 1-4.JPG
    photo 1-4.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,576
Swanky, I love your kitchen, especially the slate tile flooring! I love slate and wanted it in our kitchen when we remodeled last year but DH didn't so we compromised on a light tile.