Show us your Etsy bags/purses

Here's my first bag from Laurel Dasso. The pictures don't do it justice. The leather is a beautiful, saturated burgundy with silver hardware and pewter lining. I am ordering two more from her tomorrow- her new barrel bag in beige bubbled lambskin and another east west sarchel(SAMs style as this burgundy) but can't decide between cobalt blue with silver hardware and pewter lining or deep olive with gold hardware and tan lining. Which do you all think- cobalt or olive?
Here she is--love her!!View attachment 2886119View attachment 2886120View attachment 2886121

I think olive is a fantastic neutral!

I have at least 10 of Laurel's bags - love her style and quality!

So glad everyone has enjoyed their Laurel Dasso bags! I'm seriously considering getting a custom from her, but haven't really found reviews talking about how their LD bags have held up over time. Anyone have any thoughts about the quality/hardiness of the bag? Can the bags take a beating or do you find they need more TLC?

based on the reviews here, I decided to order a bag from moop! I ordered the paperback bag in brown...it looks amazing and I'm looking forward to getting it!
I have bought fabric bags from Moop. They are absolutely wonderful!

Count me as another fan of MOOP!

Here is a link to Moop's web site. I also love her blog.

http://www.moopshop.com

She may have a different selection in her Etsy shop.

I can personally attest that the Letter Bag is amazing. So functional and comfy to carry. Her bags are also impeccably made.

So glad everyone has enjoyed their Laurel Dasso bags! I'm seriously considering getting a custom from her, but haven't really found reviews talking about how their LD bags have held up over time. Anyone have any thoughts about the quality/hardiness of the bag? Can the bags take a beating or do you find they need more TLC?

Well I have quite a few so they get rotation but I feel they are very hardy. The only one I am careful with is a very soft light taupe goatskin (stains, color transfer) The other I feel will wear like iron...JMO

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I am obsessed with Native Rainbow's bags. I have 2 currently (the brown and black fringe-y bags). I've been carrying them everyday and I am loving them more and more. I am actually saving up for one more and plan on purchasing it as soon as I pay off my CC. :smile:

I also have these 2 pouches from SouthboundVLC. The medicine bag necklace and a little keychain pouch. They're also super cute but the leather is not that great (too thin). So I don't use them that much. I still love them, though!

Attachments

• ohhey.jpg
    ohhey.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 624
  • ohhey2.jpg
    ohhey2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 615
  • ohhey3.jpg
    ohhey3.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 605
This lovely thread makes me get out of the lurkdom. Does anyone use your Etsy bag for work/business? I've been looking for a functional, sturdy workhorse bag under $500 which can carry A4 folders, notebook and a 500ml bottle of water. It is my understanding that Etsy bags can look splendid in pictures, but the artisans generally don't have the machinery to make sturdy bags like big brands.
Any input is welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellebellebelle19
This lovely thread makes me get out of the lurkdom. Does anyone use your Etsy bag for work/business? I've been looking for a functional, sturdy workhorse bag under $500 which can carry A4 folders, notebook and a 500ml bottle of water. It is my understanding that Etsy bags can look splendid in pictures, but the artisans generally don't have the machinery to make sturdy bags like big brands.
Any input is welcome.
An industrial sewing machine and triple stitched along with choosing the right materials, is going to work out as well as any assembly line leather purse. If you look for someone with years of experience making hundreds of bags I'm sure you'll be set. And the nice thing is usually the sellers will work on a custom bag for your needs specifically.

An industrial sewing machine and triple stitched along with choosing the right materials, is going to work out as well as any assembly line leather purse. If you look for someone with years of experience making hundreds of bags I'm sure you'll be set. And the nice thing is usually the sellers will work on a custom bag for your needs specifically.
Thank you for the advice.
Has anyone bought bags from overseas Etsy sellers? I've been fanning HustleandHide bags but she said in the shipping policy that she doesn't give tracking number. I'm also impressed by the works of Ladybuq in Poland and several Israeli sellers. I'm not sure if buying bags from across the Atlantics or across the border is not worth the hassle since there're way many factors beyond the seller's control. When you pay that much money for a bag, you wouldn't want it to get stolen :sad:.
[/QUOTE]