Show me your Plumes - An Ode!

Had to share this Twilly on Plume with you all for inspiration! :heart::heart::heart: Gives it a totally different vibe and makes my life a lot easier when styling my Plume with my casual clothes. Just can't resist wearing her with jeans and a simple shirt or black leggings and a tunic (please don't judge, I am pregnant and leggings and tunics are comfy :biggrin:).

Attachments

• IMG_3913.jpg
    IMG_3913.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 68
Oh how wonderful... In swift too...
I’d love a 28 with PHW, but when I asked at the store they said they hadn’t seen one for ages, only minis. I reckoned sooner or later I’ll find one preloved, and they are so well priced. But it is not that easy. Maybe I should ask again.
I’ve seen a couple of 28s in my home store over the past few years. Both in swift but neither one was in a color that would work for me. I asked several years ago if 28s were still made in box or chèvre and was told yes but very rarely. I periodically remind my SA and she laughs and says yes the SM knows I’ve been hoping for either a box or chèvre 28. Hopefully one of these days she’ll surprise me with one!

Reactions: papertiger
help! found this plume 28 in one of my favorites, rose eglantine online for 1995. but its only in "good" condition. looks like theres some scratches and discolored handles. buy or no?View attachment 5051206
I'd buy if the price was right I'm sure a spa visit would do no end of good and if you are into twilly you could cover the handles until you are ready to perhaps replace them

Back in 2009, when the Hermès website had a section called Les Ailes d'Hermès, I saw the most beautiful bag ever.

IMG_7418.JPG

I was (and still am) obsessed with this Plume size that even until now, I have an album on my phone dedicated to it:

IMG_0174.jpg

I couldn't buy it that time because I just bought a HAC 40. Later on I decided to go the preloved route, but in the 10 or so years in searching the secondary market, I only found this, which was almost priced like brand new and was located outside the EU (VAT and customs charges will cripple me):

9E8D233A-5AB1-4CD8-91ED-518CB33A2430-25144-000011D92845B0B4.jpg

And this one which costs like a car:
23B98710-E140-481C-A98E-3506CA1AD39E-59338-0000329A47AEEE82.JPEG

I kind of forgot about it until Hermès came up with the Volynka leather and they made a bag in the exact Plume size I want. I was so obsessed that I spammed the Volynka thread with my "research" :lol:.

IMG_1798.jpg

I kind of forgot about it again because life happened, until I went back to Paris last month and saw the Volynka Birkin and mini Kelly displayed at the FSH window.

IMG_9714.JPG

I thought, "Ah yeah, I used to be so much into this!"

Having sold the HAC some years ago and me turning 40 two months ago, I thought it was time to get a new bag from the store. And i'm glad I did because the SA said it was the last one in Europe.

img_0153-jpg.5193636

img_0155-jpg.5193634

img_0158-jpg.5193635

I would have to probably wait a VERY long time for this to appear in the preloved market.

So that's the story of how I went through a cycle of obsessing, forgetting, and remembering to get my first Plume :heart:

Last edited:
Back in 2009, when the Hermès website had a section called Les Ailes d'Hermès, I saw the most beautiful bag ever.

View attachment 5193667

I was (and still am) obsessed with this Plume size that even until now, I have an album on my phone dedicated to it:

View attachment 5193668

I couldn't buy it that time because I just bought a HAC 40. Later on I decided to go the preloved route, but in the 10 or so years in searching the secondary market, I only found this, which was almost priced like brand new and was located outside the EU (VAT and customs charges will cripple me):

View attachment 5193672

View attachment 5193675

I kind of forgot about it until Hermès came up with the Volynka leather and they made a bag in the exact Plume size I want. I was so obsessed that I spammed the Volynka thread with my "research" :lol:.

View attachment 5193680

I kind of forgot about it again because life happened, until I went back to Paris last month and saw the Volynka Birkin and mini Kelly displayed at the FSH window.

View attachment 5193703

Having sold the HAC some years ago and me turning 40 two months ago, I thought it was time to get a new bag from the store. And i'm glad I did because the SA said it was the last one in Europe.

img_0153-jpg.5193636

img_0155-jpg.5193634

img_0158-jpg.5193635

I would have to probably wait a VERY long time for this to appear in the preloved market.

So that's the story of how I went through a cycle of obsessing, forgetting, and remembering to get my first Plume :heart:
Congrats! That is beautiful! Looks like patina barenia. Beautiful leather!!:flowers:

• Love
Reactions: allanrvj

View attachment 5193667

View attachment 5193668

View attachment 5193672

View attachment 5193675

View attachment 5193680

View attachment 5193703

img_0153-jpg.5193636

img_0155-jpg.5193634

img_0158-jpg.5193635

Congratulations! The leather looks divine.

• Thanks

View attachment 5193667

View attachment 5193668

View attachment 5193672

View attachment 5193675

View attachment 5193680

View attachment 5193703

img_0153-jpg.5193636

img_0155-jpg.5193634

img_0158-jpg.5193635

Forgot to add that the Plume, even in a bigger size and heavier leather, lives up to its name. My Volynka is only 1.7 kgs when empty, just 200 grams heavier than the heaviest Birkin 35 (1.5 kgs, vache trekking) according to this thread:Weights of different leathers

View attachment 5193667

View attachment 5193668

View attachment 5193672

View attachment 5193675

View attachment 5193680

View attachment 5193703

img_0153-jpg.5193636

img_0155-jpg.5193634

img_0158-jpg.5193635

:eek: :wtf: :drool: :loveeyes:

No words.

• Love

View attachment 5193667

View attachment 5193668

View attachment 5193672

View attachment 5193675

View attachment 5193680

View attachment 5193703

img_0153-jpg.5193636

img_0155-jpg.5193634

img_0158-jpg.5193635

One of my most favorite H bags in an absolutely glorious iteration. Simply stunning, congratulations!

• Thanks