Show me your Plumes - An Ode!

eliwon, I like that plume as well. The japanese website have some sometimes. This is one is not pristine but neither is the price. I like to use my bags so I am quite happy with offers like this.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/purpose-inc/item/70170787/

That is most kind of you - I know the site but has never bought from them. But, nearly all the Japanese selllers I've met on Ebay are just wonderful! Like you said, this is surely well loved - I hope to find one perhaps a little less battered - they came in black as well so maybe a black one will be more forgiving and showing less signs of use? Nice to know someone else apprecistes this leather/pattern as well :smile:

As for how much a Plume 32 holds, any hints on what you can easily fill it up with, without it looking bulky and out of shape? I would assume/hope an Ipad, a phone and mayby a small waterbottle would do just fine, but how about all the other bits and pieces as well? Can someone experienced chime in - would it be a good everyday goint to work-bag?

As for how much a Plume 32 holds, any hints on what you can easily fill it up with, without it looking bulky and out of shape? I would assume/hope an Ipad, a phone and mayby a small waterbottle would do just fine, but how about all the other bits and pieces as well? Can someone experienced chime in - would it be a good everyday goint to work-bag?

Yes it's a great work bag, and fits all those things you list. It's less limited by space than by weight.

Reactions: eliwon and wilmi
Hi! Thanks to everyone who responded on the handle drop, I got a 32 in the end and it just about fits on the shoulder :smile: Now I'm wondering whether it is chamonix or vache, would any plume owners have an idea? There are some water stains but doesn't look like those on LV vachetta though (more grayish than brown?).

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...r-design-is-this.943439/page-18#post-31311090

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...r-design-is-this.943439/page-18#post-31312656

Hi, congrats, you got a great bag! It's difficult to tell what the leather is from the partial shots you've posted, can you please post a pic of the entire bag including handles and also a closeup of the handles including the top portion? Also, what year is it?

Hi, congrats, you got a great bag! It's difficult to tell what the leather is from the partial shots you've posted, can you please post a pic of the entire bag including handles and also a closeup of the handles including the top portion? Also, what year is it?

Oh, oops, I thought close ups will be easier to see the leather. I have some shots but lighting is quite bad, not sure if it will help :confused1: It's a D square stamp.
View media item 2657View media item 2658

Oh, oops, I thought close ups will be easier to see the leather. I have some shots but lighting is quite bad, not sure if it will help :confused1: It's a D square stamp.
View media item 2657View media item 2658

That's interesting, the handle resin appears clear so that eliminates Chamonix. However, there's little to no patina from what I can see which it typical of VN and for a bag that age (unless it's in unusually good condition, but you said the patina on the body is gray rather than brown), which makes me think it's not VN. And it's not all scratched up as would be typical of Butler Natural. So my guess is Natural Box Nepal. I'd be interested in hearing others' thoughts--Seton, are you there???

That's interesting, the handle resin appears clear so that eliminates Chamonix. However, there's little to no patina from what I can see which it typical of VN and for a bag that age (unless it's in unusually good condition, but you said the patina on the body is gray rather than brown), which makes me think it's not VN. And it's not all scratched up as would be typical of Butler Natural. So my guess is Natural Box Nepal. I'd be interested in hearing others' thoughts--Seton, are you there???
I had to google Box Nepal, the orange universe is too vast for me I'm realizing :sweatdrop: But no velvety feel though, it's smooth to touch...

:amazed: So it wouldn't look like watermarks on LV vachetta? Saw docride mentioned in the past that VN had some semi-finish, so I guess it's possible it might not patina much? But it really doesn't darken even after blackrock, only the scruffed parts...

I've never seen water marks on Vachetta, but the semi finish might be the difference. I definitely have caused water marks on my VN bag [emoji20], and they stay greyish even over time. Blackrock and saddle baume will slowly cause the color to deepen, but you won't notice the difference unless you compare it to a photograph from, say, a year prior.

:amazed: So it wouldn't look like watermarks on LV vachetta? Saw docride mentioned in the past that VN had some semi-finish, so I guess it's possible it might not patina much? But it really doesn't darken even after blackrock, only the scruffed parts...

The lack of patina after all this time makes me think it's not VN [emoji848]. I have the same bag in VN, nearly the same age:

IMG_1494539191.759658.jpg

Another possible option is Vache Espace.

Last edited:
Reactions: doni