Scarves Should it stay or should it go?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. (With apologies to The Clash)
    “Darling you got to let me know
    Should it stay or should it go?
    If you say that it is mine
    It'll be here 'til the end of time
    So you got to let me know

Should it stay or should it go now?
    Should it stay or should it go now?
    If it goes, there will be trouble
    And if it stays it will be double
    So come on and let me know
    Should it stay or should it go?”

All that to say, I have a huge dilemma. I fell in love with Cheval Phoenix from @emilethepup and @myh_myh_myh photos. It’s sooooo gorgeous on these dark-haired goddesses. I’ve saved screenshots of their mod shots and occasionally sighed over them. Well, I finally found one and jumped on it. It arrived last week and omg! The silk is just divine - sumptuous and just oh-so-beautiful. I love the weight of winter silk! It drapes like a dream. I also usually don’t like mash ups - this is only one I’ve fallen in love with because of how well it ties.

And yet!

I’m not a fan of brown and there is more of it in this design than I thought. Or perhaps I just notice it more because I don’t like that color, as dear @Cordeliere suggested to me? Also, I don’t think my hair color is a good fit. But I don’t anticipate having my hair this loud pink forever...

I have this week to decide if I want to keep it or return it. I know it’s ultimately my decision but would love to hear your thoughts. Is this a case of I-love-it-but-it-just-doesn’t-love-me-back? I’ve slept on it for a week and I am still on the fence. I want to broaden my color comfort zone and think this would be a good step. I am usually attracted to vivid brights and this one is definitely on the darker side. So ...

Here are a few shots in different lighting and corners.

Ignore the lippie in this one, talk about the clash! :lol:
    3F007FAB-8046-4C7E-A9BF-7F0770C15093.jpeg 01892999-ACA1-4E57-842F-A1B2836A2640.jpeg 7A5B8CE3-15C6-43F7-BBDC-DB9D3E1F6F8B.jpeg F884C3AC-758F-4D99-87B6-2D6907727AB5.jpeg 110E2D32-95F0-44A6-A80B-442312D5F77A.jpeg 7E9E6717-E28B-4EDA-BECD-0AEAEB72C564.jpeg 0C2962FF-B41A-4C78-AEDD-44B5A3855432.jpeg

2. Super pretty on you!

Joannadyne likes this.
  3. I don’t post a lot. (I’m shy in real life AND on the computer). But I just had to chime in to say I think you should definitely keep this. It truly looks fabulous on you!!!

4. I think it looks very very pretty on you. But only you know your personal style and if you will wear it.

5. My opinion, for whatever it might be worth, is that it should STAY!!! It is a true chameleon scarf with lots of unexpected colors in it that work spectacularly together. In every single picture you took of it, it looks different, which is a great thing as it makes the scarf versatile and visually complex. My eyes don't even know where to focus on the designs on the scarf, because every direction I look in is beautiful. I can understand why you were drawn to it. If you will wear it and it fits any wardrobe need or function at all, you should keep it.

6. I like it on you! Particularly the last photo with the lavender top and showing more navy. Do you see yourself going back to your natural hair color?

Joannadyne likes this.
  7. From the pix you posted, you should keep it! It looks so fab on you!

8. This looks so fabulous on you, but if you don’t have:hbeat:for it then return it. You will find another one!:flowers:

Attached Files:

periogirl28 likes this.
  9. This looks stunning on you! I say it’s a keeper!

10. Keeper! I think it looks great on you!

11. It looks stunning with your hair color and complexion J. But I sense ypur hesitation and only keep if it brings a smile or lifts you. It will be great for Fall Winter.

scarf1 likes this.
  12. Oh geez, I don’t tend to “get” the whole appeal of these scarves (excuse me while I crawl under my desk) but girl, that scarf was made for you. It is stunning against your complexion, it matches your glasses perfectly, it even compliments your hair right now and it’s zippy and fun and seems to suit the personality vibe you give off in that photo. And, as someone else said, it has a multitude of different looks. You could take it on vacation, wear it every day and look like you brought a closet full of scarves.

The brown also doesn’t read as brown. More burgundy, cinnamon and caramel.

Keep it, love it, wear it often.

13. It looks amazing on you! And to be honest, I didn’t even notice the brown tones at all. I say it is a keeper BUT ultimately if your heart doesn’t sing when wearing it, it should go, no matter what others think.

Jbizzybeetle and CMilly like this.
  14. It's a stay for me! I think it looks nice with your colouring

periogirl28 and Addicted to bags like this.
  15. It looks really pretty on you (what doesn't!) but I've seen other designs/colorways that just make your face glow! Plus, you're hesitating. So, for me, it should go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice