So you got to let me know
Should it stay or should it go?

Should it stay or should it go now?
If it goes, there will be trouble
And if it stays it will be double
So come on and let me know
Should it stay or should it go?”

All that to say, I have a huge dilemma. I fell in love with Cheval Phoenix from @emilethepup and @myh_myh_myh photos. It’s sooooo gorgeous on these dark-haired goddesses. I’ve saved screenshots of their mod shots and occasionally sighed over them. Well, I finally found one and jumped on it. It arrived last week and omg! The silk is just divine - sumptuous and just oh-so-beautiful. I love the weight of winter silk! It drapes like a dream. I also usually don’t like mash ups - this is only one I’ve fallen in love with because of how well it ties.

And yet!

I’m not a fan of brown and there is more of it in this design than I thought. Or perhaps I just notice it more because I don’t like that color, as dear @Cordeliere suggested to me? Also, I don’t think my hair color is a good fit. But I don’t anticipate having my hair this loud pink forever...

I have this week to decide if I want to keep it or return it. I know it’s ultimately my decision but would love to hear your thoughts. Is this a case of I-love-it-but-it-just-doesn’t-love-me-back? I’ve slept on it for a week and I am still on the fence. I want to broaden my color comfort zone and think this would be a good step. I am usually attracted to vivid brights and this one is definitely on the darker side. So ...

Here are a few shots in different lighting and corners.

Ignore the lippie in this one, talk about the clash! :lol:
3F007FAB-8046-4C7E-A9BF-7F0770C15093.jpeg 01892999-ACA1-4E57-842F-A1B2836A2640.jpeg 7A5B8CE3-15C6-43F7-BBDC-DB9D3E1F6F8B.jpeg F884C3AC-758F-4D99-87B6-2D6907727AB5.jpeg 110E2D32-95F0-44A6-A80B-442312D5F77A.jpeg 7E9E6717-E28B-4EDA-BECD-0AEAEB72C564.jpeg 0C2962FF-B41A-4C78-AEDD-44B5A3855432.jpeg

My opinion, for whatever it might be worth, is that it should STAY!!! It is a true chameleon scarf with lots of unexpected colors in it that work spectacularly together. In every single picture you took of it, it looks different, which is a great thing as it makes the scarf versatile and visually complex. My eyes don't even know where to focus on the designs on the scarf, because every direction I look in is beautiful. I can understand why you were drawn to it. If you will wear it and it fits any wardrobe need or function at all, you should keep it.

(With apologies to The Clash)
“Darling you got to let me know
If you say that it is mine
It'll be here 'til the end of time

All that to say, I have a huge dilemma. I fell in love with Cheval Phoenix from @emilethepup and @myh_myh_myh photos. It’s sooooo gorgeous on these dark-haired goddesses. I’ve saved screenshots of their mod shots and occasionally sighed over them. Well, I finally found one and jumped on it. It arrived last week and omg! The silk is just divine - sumptuous and just oh-so-beautiful. I love the weight of winter silk! It drapes like a dream. I also usually don’t like mash ups - this is only one I’ve fallen in love with because of how well it ties.

And yet!

I’m not a fan of brown and there is more of it in this design than I thought. Or perhaps I just notice it more because I don’t like that color, as dear @Cordeliere suggested to me? Also, I don’t think my hair color is a good fit. But I don’t anticipate having my hair this loud pink forever...

I have this week to decide if I want to keep it or return it. I know it’s ultimately my decision but would love to hear your thoughts. Is this a case of I-love-it-but-it-just-doesn’t-love-me-back? I’ve slept on it for a week and I am still on the fence. I want to broaden my color comfort zone and think this would be a good step. I am usually attracted to vivid brights and this one is definitely on the darker side. So ...

View attachment 4489346 View attachment 4489347 View attachment 4489348 View attachment 4489349 View attachment 4489350 View attachment 4489351 View attachment 4489352
I like it on you! Particularly the last photo with the lavender top and showing more navy. Do you see yourself going back to your natural hair color?

Reactions: Joannadyne
(With apologies to The Clash)
“Darling you got to let me know
If you say that it is mine
It'll be here 'til the end of time

And yet!

View attachment 4489346 View attachment 4489347 View attachment 4489348 View attachment 4489349 View attachment 4489350 View attachment 4489351 View attachment 4489352
This looks stunning on you! I say it’s a keeper!

Reactions: katriona
Oh geez, I don’t tend to “get” the whole appeal of these scarves (excuse me while I crawl under my desk) but girl, that scarf was made for you. It is stunning against your complexion, it matches your glasses perfectly, it even compliments your hair right now and it’s zippy and fun and seems to suit the personality vibe you give off in that photo. And, as someone else said, it has a multitude of different looks. You could take it on vacation, wear it every day and look like you brought a closet full of scarves.

The brown also doesn’t read as brown. More burgundy, cinnamon and caramel.

Keep it, love it, wear it often.

It looks really pretty on you (what doesn't!) but I've seen other designs/colorways that just make your face glow! Plus, you're hesitating. So, for me, it should go.