Shopping your own wardrobe and/or really sticking to a budget?

Thank you so much for your effort. I’m always looking forward to your outfits, they’re always fun, yet well thought out! Love the red dress!

Oh thx! We suddenly got hot weather and I've been staying home and sunbathing so no outfits!

I went ahead and ordered the betabrand pants in hopes that they will be awesome and comfy. I just love ponte pants so much. I also got a LBD in the same ponte fabric. They were having 20% off sale so... Finally clicked checkout.

Reactions: Marylin
:panic: Ahh! I’m going on a week trip on Saturday and haven’t put any thought into what to pack! I’ve been pulling all nighters twice this week already and haven’t slept much the other nights. There’s a mountain of laundry to tackle and another long day at work ahead tomorrow. These are the days I’m glad I have tons of outfits in the Stylebook app that I know will work. I might end up tossing 5 outfits in a bag just before leaving. I’m much better prepared usually, but I’m just so tired.

Have fun @Marilyn
You have plenty of fabulous outfits, you will look fabulous [emoji122]

[emoji23] I’ve booked a trip for the end of the year and have a packing list ready. Over thinking it wayyy more than I need to.

Have fun on your trip @Marylin! You’ll look great no matter what!

Lol[emoji23] I am the same [emoji4]
I don’t know when I am going yet, but I already have a list of my closet items and future purchases. Well I guess it’s easier for me, because when I go , it’s going to be trip for no less than 2months [emoji6], so all I have to do is to put all the closet in the luggages [emoji13][emoji12][emoji56]

Reactions: bakeacookie
:panic: Ahh! I’m going on a week trip on Saturday and haven’t put any thought into what to pack! I’ve been pulling all nighters twice this week already and haven’t slept much the other nights. There’s a mountain of laundry to tackle and another long day at work ahead tomorrow. These are the days I’m glad I have tons of outfits in the Stylebook app that I know will work. I might end up tossing 5 outfits in a bag just before leaving. I’m much better prepared usually, but I’m just so tired.

Have a great trip, and safe travels, Marylin!

@Marilyn thanks again for your advice! Outside pocket is useful, I’ll keep looking!! I hope you enjoy your trip, and take care of those toes!
I need to show you my outfit for tomorrow (attending a wedding) along with a few purchases I made. @HopelessBagGirl let us know about the pants, since I’m in the look for ones! I went to Zara today and thanks to you ladies I passed on a pair of beige workpants. Before I would have kept them because they fitted almost perfectly (so, not perfectly) and were cheap. But I already could see that they would start to peel between the thighs, the zipper was wonky and I could see my underwear through! So I’ll save the money I would have spent and wait for a better pair.

@Marilyn thanks again for your advice! Outside pocket is useful, I’ll keep looking!! I hope you enjoy your trip, and take care of those toes!
I need to show you my outfit for tomorrow (attending a wedding) along with a few purchases I made. @HopelessBagGirl let us know about the pants, since I’m in the look for ones! I went to Zara today and thanks to you ladies I passed on a pair of beige workpants. Before I would have kept them because they fitted almost perfectly (so, not perfectly) and were cheap. But I already could see that they would start to peel between the thighs, the zipper was wonky and I could see my underwear through! So I’ll save the money I would have spent and wait for a better pair.

I will absolutely let you know about the betabrand pants. I love the dress pants yoga pants that I've been wearing for a few years in many colors and styles in size small but since I lost weight the size small is too big so I gave a pair to one friend (the windowpane print) who is very non curvy and she says they are her new favorite pants and I gave the black straight legs to another friend (much different body type, more curvy) and they look amazing on her too. She loves them. I kept the herringbone print and crepe ones so far because they don't bag in the butt or look as huge on me, but I'm excited to try the high waisted skinny leg ones and the business class travel pants that have actual pockets and real zipper, in the correct size. I also got the little black dress made from the same ponte knit as the pants. And I will order the regular dress pants yoga pants in skinny leg later in the summer since they are backlogged until July anyways.
The Everlane pants still call to me for testing out so when I'm in the US in 6 weeks I'll probably order them and test them out.

IMG_1526725116.709926.jpgIMG_1526725124.813661.jpg
Day 19 stretch cotton shorts and top with neat textured front which allows me to go braless which is not flattering but I'll be going to a party I'm co hosting at my friend's house, and it's a ladies spa thing where we are swimming and in towels and bathrobes and getting massages from a couple of hired masseuses upstairs in the bedrooms and it's just very low key so I'm happy to just be braless and comfy.

Thank you ladies for your advice re: leather jackets. I don't have the technology to quote everyone sorry.

Thanks to the poster who advised against all saints quality. I am not so familiar with some of the Nordstorm style brands and rack's as to if they are in the uk/aus ??? But i'll do some research

@Mimmy thank you for your congrats on the wedding :smile: August will be our one year anniversary. Was hoping to come for a trip to the USA as a holiday and to celebrate actually, but I'm not sure I can get enough leave to do that in the way we might want.

Thanks also for your suggestions re: Rebecca Minkoff, my sister actually loves this brand, I've brought her a mini mac for christmas and she has since brought another three RM bags plus two skirts from her line.

@Marylin enjoy your trip away and I hope your toes settle soon - ouch!

Susana - I own the LP and I think it was a great piece - it was 70pounds of so when I bought it. It still looks nice now even three years later. It fits a laptop in, is durable and folds up nicely. I don't own any proper designer bags so I cannot compare to quality of any contemporary or classic designers but I think it looks good and material has deteriorated. I don't baby anything I own I am not so precious so it would need to stand up to this.
My only complaint would be lack of compartments but I believe you can around that with insert pouches (or whatever these are called). I imagine with a little one it may not quite be enough space for everything? But as a whole nice bag.

Ahh!!! So excited for you!!! :heart: