Shopping with a Birkin at Hermes

I don't mind as long as permission is sought. I think this happens often at Hermes as my former SA told me that she always kept an eye on her client's bags when they were left on the counter because customers would always come up to the bag and grope.

I had a sales associate at the Container Store ask me if she could carry my bag so she could tell her daughter she had tried on the "Oprah" bag! Of course I said yes!

Conversely, a woman was in the process of buying a Clemence JPG from my SA once at the store and I asked her if I could carry it for a brief moment to see if it suited me, and she was gracious enough to comply; I'm really glad she said yes because the opportunity for me to try one on IRL is rare since I don't live near a store.

Wow interesting thread!

I must be pretty approachable cause I've had quite a few gals ask to see Ms B in the store, mostly to try on her size. Every one of them has been well-kept and looked sincere so I've always said yes. I even handed her over to a very appreciative young gal who I found out later was making an SO and I clinched 35cm for her.

That one was in front of DH. He was floored by the whole thing, mostly her enthusiasm. I reminded him of mine before I got Ms B and he said oooohhhhh okay, I get it now...

I think it's really dependent on the individual situation and the personalities involved. In general, I don't like to have my personal space invaded or my belongings touched without my permission (I never will understand why strangers think it's OK to go touch a pregnant woman's belly without asking!) If someone in an H store asked me nicely though, I'd probably be happy to oblige. Ninja Sue's story is an example I'd be happy to follow. But cxyvr's and the story about the waitress are horrifying.

I think it's really dependent on the individual situation and the personalities involved. In general, I don't like to have my personal space invaded or my belongings touched without my permission (I never will understand why strangers think it's OK to go touch a pregnant woman's belly without asking!) If someone in an H store asked me nicely though, I'd probably be happy to oblige. Ninja Sue's story is an example I'd be happy to follow. But cxyvr's and the story about the waitress are horrifying.

Exactly!

I would not mind at all someone looking at my H bag very closely while I am holding it. To have someone want to touch it or try it on would depend on my perception of the person and the situation.

I was at a restaurant and went to the ladies room left my handbag on a chair with DH only to come back to find the waitress with my Kelly on her arm.
:wtf::cursing:

Did you SNAP! your husbands head off? I would have!

He should have told her "oh, my wife is gonna have a b*tch-fit if she sees you handling her bag" <~ translation "B*tch put the bag down before my wife kills you"

Baggs, I totally agree--I am still puzzling over how that could have happened, at all! Such chutzpah...why someone would think such behavior was remotely OK is beyond me. Poor DH. He probably had no idea what to do, but I would have berated him for not doing...something!

Seriously, after what happened to me at Hermes I WILL NEVER EVER let another person come within 2 feet of me let alone have them touch my bag (unless it's one of my tpf friends)

I just don't want to go through that again.

Seriously, after what happened to me at Hermes I WILL NEVER EVER let another person come within 2 feet of me let alone have them touch my bag (unless it's one of my tpf friends)

I know, that stalker was unbelievable and I don't blame you one bit...

Oh, I missed it! Point out the thread, will ya?:sad:

I was at a restaurant and went to the ladies room left my handbag on a chair with DH only to come back to find the waitress with my Kelly on her arm.
:wtf::cursing:

Now ... this situation does not sound right to me. My DH wouldn't let this happen. But IF indeed he let his guard down, and allowed it to happen >>>> he will get THIS :lecture:for chatting up a waitress AND a bag slap :bagslap:for letting her touch my bag and without my consent. These are just my imaginative responses. My DH is very possessive, and he will NEVER let it happen.