Shopping with a Birkin at Hermes

i will slither up to another customer if they have something i woud really really like to see...but i count to 20 first and keep my paws to myself, i do not particularly care for other people touching my handbags, but i do not mind if they look. just as long as they do not think it is for sale!

Has happened several times... I am quite receptive when approached and asked about the bag...I feel uncomfortable when someone picks it up or fondles it without a brief introduction...it is odd when the bag is "grabbed"...

In Las Vegas, a gorgeous Hermes patron asked if she could try on my 25cm Birkin for size. I told her that she could but only if I could try on her gold ostrich Kelly ado! We swapped bags for a moment and both fell in love with each other's bags!

In Las Vegas, a gorgeous Hermes patron asked if she could try on my 25cm Birkin for size. I told her that she could but only if I could try on her gold ostrich Kelly ado! We swapped bags for a moment and both fell in love with each other's bags!

that's a cool story. :smile:

I usually think of myself as fairly polite and calm around beautiful things, However when the lovely Japster and I had a playdate in Hermes there was a lady carrying a remarkable 35cm. Glazed Vert Anis Croc w/ PH and I quite nearly lept across the room in order to get a better look. Japster and the SAs held me back but I wasn't good for conversation until she left the floor.
As for myself, I like to visit without the usual Hermes bags, otherwise, I feel a bit too obvious sometimes.

Great story, Ninja Sue. :smile:

I don't like people touching my belongings at all.

At least in your case she was another serious H customer
and not a curious gawker. So I gather that that would make a
difference.

i get very distracted too when there are a bunch of fancy bags walking around the store! lol. i wish they had a little room you could sit like Bvlgari where they bring in stuff for you to look at! that would be so fun.