Shopping Report Live from LVR in Florence

Div, continue to enjoy that wonderful Italian wine--have a glass for me, and buy that cute wallet in black patent, it will match your dome satchel.;) I just got back from a vacation, so I'm catching up on all the news. Have fun, savor the atmosphere!!

Okay girls - this is the next day's report: Live from our hotel room at 3:15pm Monday:

Today we went to the Ponte Vechhio and shot some footage of me on the bridge with the incredible background. I drooled over the gold jewelry. Then I literally saw a RAT - my DH said it was a muskrat or a water rodent - on the river bancks. HUGE! Reminded me of the picture of the South American one that formed the basis of the best handbag in the world. I needed to take off at that point so we hightailed it to Louisaviaroma's store. I had DH take pictures of the storefront and the windows and I thought I told him to keep me out of them but we'll see when I eventually attach them here. Once inside I made my purchase (YES!) of the patent Paddy wallet on sale and when we were hanging around the counter I urged DH to take some more photos. He did until some SA yelled at him. I knew they would do it and he said I was trying to get him arrested. I figured better him than me! So he took pics of the vermillion and pigalle quilted Bays and the purple and turquoise or green/blue patent Bay. OMG - that is even prettier than the purple - what a color!!! Unbelievable. Sure hope the pics come out with the colors vivid enough.

With my little LVR package in hand we made our way to the nearby Duomo - one of the few attractions open on Monday. After buying tickets I read to my horror that the climb to the top involved almost 500 stairs! DH literally backed out while I forged ahead. It was the stupidest thing I almost ever did in my life since I forgot to get the CAMERA from him first. I huffed and puffed and started in with a little claustrophobia going around and around ever upwards on the medieval stone steps that were half the size of my big feet. I thought I had made it to the uppermost balcony rim inside when the guard said (I was almost dead at this point. Good thing I was already IN a church...) Oh no. You are HALFWAY up. More to go!) AAAH! But - what the hell I marched on.The steps began to bend face forward and the next thing I knew I was on top of the world outside the dome on a parapet. SO proud of myself until I looked around and saw all kinds of elderly people with their coats still on and nary a labored breath to hear. I was drenched in sweat and carrying my coat, desperate for some cool air. Looks like I will have to make another vacation trip and bring the camera to do this all over again.

So girls - I am not sure if there are any retail establishments in Rome that sell Chloe. How could there not be? But none were listed on the website - no department stores? Very confusing. Maybe it has something to do with Chloe being a FRENCH brand? Balenciaga too? Odd that there is one store here in Florence carries both. Do you think Ralph Soledano is Italian and he may have some contacts here? Is he still the boss of Chloe? Aren't Chloe & Bal owned by some huge French fashion conglomerate?

Anyway - this is the perfect place to hold our upcoming Chloe PF Conference for 2009. We can all start saving our money. All you have to do is not buy ONE purse this year!

Div! I am LOVING these reports. You're description of climbing those stairs sure brought back good memories!

I am so happy :dothewave: you bought the wallet! I love having something usable as a memento of a trip!

Enjoy Rome!

Div, thanks for the report, and congrats on climbing those stairs, I remember huffing and puffing my way through Italy (there are more stairs in Rome, the Spanish Steps, the Vatican)....LOL. Congrats on your wallet, and 2009 Chloe tPF conference in Florence sounds great.

Divnanata -
Sounds like you are having a fabulous time. Congratulations on your wallet and Koodos to your DH for taking pictures. I can't wait to see them. Thanks for the report, it's so fun to hear from you "LIVE from Italy"!

Please put my name down for the TPF AGM in Florence...I am SO there:tup:.
Loving your bulletins Div..wonderfully atmospheric & descriptive:yes:..

Very glad you got the purse at the very least...was it hard to resist the bags ? I'm not sure I would have been able to stay strong in the face of all that temptation :s(I hope your DH is very proud of you ;)).

Hey DH better not be kidding about a Summer home in Italy? Tell him now that he has made that statement, it's petal to the metal baby.

Besides we need a place to stay for the 2009 tPF Chloe convention, naturally timed at the height of LVR's peak sale season!! Don't you all agree???

Hey DH better not be kidding about a Summer home in Italy? Tell him now that he has made that statement, it's petal to the metal baby.

Besides we need a place to stay for the 2009 tPF Chloe convention, naturally timed at the height of LVR's peak sale season!! Don't you all agree???

:yes:Agreed and seconded:tup:.

You are so funny, Div... you remined me of my visit to Florence and the bloody duomo stairs... i was just 19 and was totally out of breath and sweaty when i got up there... the scenery was amazing, though...
Congrats on your wallet... As Tag would say, enjoy her with health... May it bring new CC and lots of cash to you so that you can splash out on a purple (or should I say GREEN) quilted bay...
BTW, YOU HAVE MANAGED NOT TO PURCHASE THE PIGALLE... DOES IT MEAN YOU ARE KEEPING THE ARGENT?????

BTW, YOU HAVE MANAGED NOT TO PURCHASE THE PIGALLE... DOES IT MEAN YOU ARE KEEPING THE ARGENT?????-Mariabdc

Funny I was wondering the same thing?

(or should I say GREEN) quilted bay...-Mariabdc

I had a gut feeling this was a stunning purse. When I saw it online back in Dec??? I wrote Irene about it. Help!!!!!!!!!! I can't go there~~~~~~~~