shopping in germany??

Hi
3 weeks ago we were there in Kurfurstendamm LV Boutique, my best friend, she bought a Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull at Euro 450 and she claimed tax refund and got back Euro 51 at Airport Global/VAT Tax Refund counter :tup: and don't forget to bring your passport along to show to the SA, they need it when filling in the tax-form.

More on Tax Refund
When you got back in the state, Do they charge you duty tax????

I bought three out of four LV-items in Berlin:

One at the KaDeWe: A very nice in store-store, but sometimes rather crowded...
I personally prefer buying at the Friedrichsstraße Boutique (Quartier 206). The store is larger and (just personal experience) less crowded. The staff was nice and very helpful in both stores.
Enjoy your trip and have fun with buying your LVs!

KaDeWe is a very nice building, it's a bit like Harrods in London. You have LV, Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, Hermes, Prada, Burburry etc in one building. Then there is a LV at the Kurfustendam and one in Friedrichstrasse. All three very nice shops. Have fun. I was there two weeks ago, it's not a good place for your credit card.:smile:

can we use US dollar in LV store in Germany?
or I have to use their euro

I bought three out of four LV-items in Berlin:

One at the KaDeWe: A very nice in store-store, but sometimes rather crowded...
I personally prefer buying at the Friedrichsstraße Boutique (Quartier 206). The store is larger and (just personal experience) less crowded. The staff was nice and very helpful in both stores.
Enjoy your trip and have fun with buying your LVs!

can we use US DOLLAR in LV store?

Just remember that if you use a credit card for the purchase your bank may charge you a conversion fee, which is typically around 3%. And, if you use your passport to get the VAT refund, you will need to leave the EU within a certain timeframe (3 months??).

I don't know about the taxes you might have to pay when going back (i mean customs duties) - but aside VAT there are no additional taxes you have to worry about :tup: - so prices in the website are the ones you have to pay in the store and they are all the same everywhere in Germany

so you said the price on website is included tax right. That amount we pay ...no additional tax.

I went to LV store yesterday to Nurnberg and purchased Rivingotn pm with vat tax free form payd 596 euro,original price was 710 euro..i love germany and so sad that we're moving back to states soon(((