“Sheltering in Place” with Hermès

Last night I decided to make a fan out of the remnants of a H bag that I had cut up for a previous project. I thought it would be easy, but I didn’t realize that I would need a wider piece of paper than I had. I forged ahead anyway. It’s a bit anemic but it kept me occupied for awhile....

View attachment 4900758
Ack! Who is this artist? I've seen her work and admired it very much but now I'm drawing a blank on her name. I love what you've done here!

Although we’re not technically Sheltering @ Home now in Calif, I’m still feeling limited by the restrictions that are recommended, even though I fully understand why they are necessary. Some days online shopping feels soothing...

I recently asked my SA to see if she could find a Baton de Craie 25 shoulder bag in black
hunter leather for me. The only one available was a size 30 in Epsom (I think in gris asphalt). So I began stalking the consignment sites. Today, this arrived:

4B274237-0F8C-4DF6-B401-9004D1DDA41E.jpeg

Although we’re not technically Sheltering @ Home now in Calif, I’m still feeling limited by the restrictions that are recommended, even though I fully understand why they are necessary. Some days online shopping feels soothing...

I recently asked my SA to see if she could find a Baton de Craie 25 shoulder bag in black
hunter leather for me. The only one available was a size 30 in Epsom (I think in gris asphalt). So I began stalking the consignment sites. Today, this arrived:

View attachment 4902572
Nice! How do you like the Hunter leather? (If I remember correctly that is the same leather as the sellier Evie?)

I just love the elegance of the design - bag shape, hardware, closure, everything!

Reactions: RT1

View attachment 4902572

Beautiful!! And if I may say so based on the photos you have shared of your collection & style - a perfect fit for you!

Reactions: crisbac and RT1
Nice! How do you like the Hunter leather? (If I remember correctly that is the same leather as the sellier Evie?)
I just love the elegance of the design - bag shape, hardware, closure, everything!

I LOVE the hunter leather. And yes...it’s the same as the Evie. I already had a baton de craie clutch in it. I like the smoothness without the fragility of box. (I’m a bit hesitant to use the Verrou on cloudy days.) I’m addicted to the phw latches. I just knew that if I didn’t grab it, I’d regret it. Who knows when another one might pop up?

Beautiful!! And if I may say so based on the photos you have shared of your collection & style - a perfect fit for you!
Thank you! You’re right, it’s ‘me’. I’m definitely a “repeat offender”. Once I find something I’m drawn to, I tend to repeat it. I hadn’t planned for all this to happen so quickly. Right now, I feel like I went out to a nice restaurant and overindulged at the desert table.....

I LOVE the hunter leather. And yes...it’s the same as the Evie. I already had a baton de craie clutch in it. I like the smoothness without the fragility of box. (I’m a bit hesitant to use the Verrou on cloudy days.) I’m addicted to the phw latches. I just knew that if I didn’t grab it, I’d regret it. Who knows when another one might pop up?
:congrats: I've been eyeing that bag for a long while hoping price would drop just a tad but ah well... :flowers: