Seven 7 Jeans vs. Seven for all Mankind ?

On top of that, The 7 for all mankind are not for plus size women, there for the skinny people. seven7 jeans are for the plus size women! I love the seven7 jeans, they make my butt look great!

Unfabulous
Ok, I guess Im PLUS SIZE CAUSE I WEAR A 12 IN JEANS-I recently purchased two pairs at my local Stage depatment store, loved the fit and loved that they were originally 59.00 but with 50% off and a 25% coupon-I got them for 21.00 each-YEH!!!!
Im a chemist and wear jeans everyday with a lab coat and wouldn't think of purchasing 150.00 jeans, but to each there own, Now I would purchase an LV ,mARC jACOBS ANYTIME:yahoo::woohoo:

what i heard was:Actually Seven7 was established first. 7 for all mankind tried to sue Seven7 and loss the case because Seven7 was before them but they are totally different

Not sure why this old thread was bumped, but Bella is correct. Seven7 has been around for many more years than 7FAM. Many people get confused because they are both just called "7" or "Seven". It's not trademark infringement because the brands and names really are different. People just call 7 For All Mankind "7" for short because the name is so long. The company does not refer to itself as "7."

Are there any "7 for all mankind" authentication thread here in our forum where I can have it authenticated. Because, I have one given to me by my auntie but the it's very different from the one I bought. But, it reads 7 for all mankind. Thanks. :smile:

Wow. I just looked and this is an old thread. I will echo what others have said. I wear a 14 and 7 for all mankind, the 32, does not fit me. Only the Seven7 jeans are made for people with a butt and curves that are bigger than size 12, which is really what the 7's size 32 fits. I find it amazing that in this day and age all companies aren't like Seven7 and making their clothes for people larger than a 12.....

They are two different brands, and the one called Seven for Express is a third brand. Seven7 was around first. Judging by the logo Seven for Express seems to be an imitation of 7 for All Mankind.

But for me, it is all about fit. I have to try them on to judge. I have a couple of pairs of 7 for all Mankind, but only one pair that I really love, because they look amazing. I have a pair of Seven7's and they also look really good. They both have nice details.

It's too bad that fashion, which is a wonderful art form has to be so tainted by perceptions of status. I'm very sensual, so I care about materials and quality of construction. I care about how my garments look and feel. But, in my experience, I find that the consumer doesn't always get what we pay for.

LOL, MOST OF THE ANSWERS ARE WRONG~!!!!!!

I know both companies and the ppl who work there since day 1.

Here's the inside story.

Seven7 is a high end denim brand from Europe.

The current owner of Seven7 and the ex-owner of 7 for All Mankind bought the license of the brand and brought it to the States.

The owners had some disagreement and decided to split.

The case went to court:
Seven7's owner was allowed to keep the current Seven7 logo and another registered logo, and the signature "S" and "e" back pocket embroideries and the Tower "7"s embroidery; but they were not allow to use only one "7" anywhere by itself, it always has to be the double "7"s.
7 for All Mankind's owner had to change the name to "7 for All Mankind", but he was allowed to keep the single "7" back pkt embroidery.

So both brands started with nice expansive fabrics and sold to higher price point stores. But then Seven7's changed their market to taget the lower price point store, so that they can sell more and make much more $$$$.

7 for All Mankind was sold to the VF corp, not Liz Claibourne. Liz bought both Juicy and Lucky. The owner created the Olsen twins line.

i know that in australia the seven 7 are the cheaper version of seven for all mankind. they are however, authorized by sevenforallmankind to be re-made using their name so that it is more affordable.

i bought a pair thinking i was so lucky to have found one that was so cheap, when i realized there was something funny with the logo and it was actually seven 7, i returned it.

here's the article i found Denim gets lower profile as designers cut back on legwork - BusinessNews - www.theage.com.au

basically seven 7 is a "new brand-alliance with the Los Angeles-based jeans designer Seven For All Mankind."
why did you return the jeans? if you bought them in the first place you must have liked them. i hope you didn't return them because the name was not "7 for all mankind".