Seven 7 Jeans vs. Seven for all Mankind ?

7 for all Mankind is more expensive, exclusive, and is more popular. Seven7 are almost like imitations. To be frank and to the point, Seven7 are for the poor people while 7 for all Mankind are extremely high quality designer jeans

Wow LVAdict, that is a pretty bold comment to make. I have a pair of Seven7 jeans and while they are certainly not my favorite, they fit well and I have a hard time spending several hundred dollars on jeans--I'd much rather spend it on other clothes/accessories articles that interest me more.
But I truly take offense at you saying they are for "poor people". I'm sure glad you aren't peeking into my closet because I would hate to know what you think about my shoes from Target or my drugstore brand makeup.

I think that comment is hilarious....there are plenty of "poor" people who wear SFAMK and "rich" people who wear Seven7. It's all about priorities and what people like, it really has less to do with economic status than some think. I have a pair of SFAMK and a pair of Diesel and to be honest I don't find them to be any better than some of the cheap juniors' jeans I have. I know some have fit issues though and like certain brands b/c they fit their body type better, I am lucky in the sense that I have never had much trouble finding jeans that fit well.

Wow LVAdict, that is a pretty bold comment to make. I have a pair of Seven7 jeans and while they are certainly not my favorite, they fit well and I have a hard time spending several hundred dollars on jeans--I'd much rather spend it on other clothes/accessories articles that interest me more.
But I truly take offense at you saying they are for "poor people". I'm sure glad you aren't peeking into my closet because I would hate to know what you think about my shoes from Target or my drugstore brand makeup.

:wtf:OK, I'm REALLLLY sorry if I offended anyone here, but that's just my opinion:shrugs:.. I guess that was pretty bold...

I thought they were the same thing?

7 for all mankind. what jeans have one and not the other?

I have a couple of pairs that I purchased from Saks and Neimans which on is that?

Last edited:
Seven 7 was actually first. They allowed sfamk to co exist with them so if you want to get down and dirty - sfamk were the ones that started after seven7. They saw how profitable the business had become and they started there own line but decided to charge people 5x the cost. I am in the fashion business and all of you people who pay $150+ for jeans, I just laugh at you. Denim is denim and you should buy for the fit. 90% of you buy to show a name on your rear and that is it. Don't put down people for not wearing $150 jeans just because of a name. I see people wearing seven 7 and they look great and if they are comfortable and enjoy them - well that is great cause they just saved $100 when you didn't:yahoo:

and dont put people down who choose to wear $150 jeans!;)

Seven 7 was actually first. They allowed sfamk to co exist with them so if you want to get down and dirty - sfamk were the ones that started after seven7. They saw how profitable the business had become and they started there own line but decided to charge people 5x the cost. I am in the fashion business and all of you people who pay $150+ for jeans, I just laugh at you. Denim is denim and you should buy for the fit. 90% of you buy to show a name on your rear and that is it. Don't put down people for not wearing $150 jeans just because of a name. I see people wearing seven 7 and they look great and if they are comfortable and enjoy them - well that is great cause they just saved $100 when you didn't:yahoo:

Um. And yet you can put people down and laugh at them for paying more than $150 for jeans? LOL It goes both ways.

Seven7 is a brand that originated in Europe in 1964 and 7 For All Mankind came out in the US in 2000. They are 2 different brands, but that does not mean Seven7 is a knock-off or cheaper brand than 7 For All Mankind. Actually, there was a lawsuit because Seven7 is an established brand out of Italy and very fashionable too through out Europe before they came to the US. Again, they were established 36 years before 7 For All Mankind came into the mix. Here is a link to the lawsuit that was breached by 7 For All Mankind that agreed for them to co-exist under similar names,

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_/ai_n12417129

It says here though that Seven7 was suing 7 For All Mankind by doing exactly what they are doing which is making people think they are a knock-off of their brand, when they are not, which is a breach of their co-existing brand agreement, with similar names.

7 For All Mankind has done an excellent marketing of their brand since they came on the scene, but by no means are they the only quality jean company out there. They are known for their hip style and modern look, but there are other jeans out there that are just as good if not better for a lot cheaper. Remember-- celebrities who make over 6 figures USD can afford $150 and up jeans, BUT the average American should probably not be spending that kind of money, it isn't really logical. This just goes to show you the power of advertising, making you think you need to spend something you need to just to feel better about yourself or compete with others. Think about it though, if everyone jumps on the bandwagon to buy 7 For All Mankind, then my opinion is that they are not "special", you loose that specialness when "everyone" is wearing the same thing, which is NOT the point of high fashion/couture in the first place. It is supposed to be unique and represent you, personality, body type in a unique way only you can express yourself-- not to spend $150+ on jeans to look like everyone else just to fit in and feel special. For that kind of money you can get a custom made shop to make your own jeans out of China, and wear your own name/label on your own butt.

Seven7 jeans have a great reputation as well, and are actually more established globally with a presence all over Europe and the US. They do have reps in Hollywood, CA as well.

Last edited:
On top of that, The 7 for all mankind are not for plus size women, there for the skinny people. seven7 jeans are for the plus size women! I love the seven7 jeans, they make my butt look great!

Unfabulous