Seven 7 Jeans vs. Seven for all Mankind ?

Actually, Seven7s were created long before SFAM came around. There was a whole lawsuit and everything concerning the name (below is from answers.com):

"7 for all Mankind is often misassociated with the denim brand Seven 7, a separate company that has been established in Europe since the 1960s. "Seven7" Brand immigrated to L.A. and continues to manufacture a slightly lower-priced denim with a similar fit in both the US and Europe. Seven 7 was reintroduced in the United States around the same time as 7 for all Mankind, who filed a lawsuit against the company for stealing their name. The court war continued, in the European field this time. The registration of the word 'Seven' as a jeans maker belonged to the 'Seven7' brand from the 60s. The court decided in Belgium that "7 For All Mankind” ceases to use the sign 7 or “Seven” even in combination with " For All Mankind”. "Seven7" licensee in Europe drove the Brand in big success the past few years, lifting the quality standards to extra premium denim, introducing the embellished category in denim, decorated with Swarovski crystal. Other denim brands, including "7 For All Mankind” followed this trend. Price points where also driven to extra premium denim standards, establishing the "Seven7" jeans among the most desirable fashion items. The European Licensee regenerated the “Seven7” essence of the 60s, combining the original “Seven” design values with L.A. style. "7 For All Mankind" and "Seven7" represent style and status."

Among denim lovers, Seven7s aren't even considered to be a premium denim brand (probably because they are sold at Express), whereas SFAMs kind of started the whole expensive-jean trend here in the States. The price difference between the two brands is typically $100.

Actually, Seven7s were created long before SFAM came around. There was a whole lawsuit and everything concerning the name

^ :yes:

It's two totally different brands. Seven7 wasaround first and they are NOT imitation 7 for all Mankind! Seven7 is not "premium" denim, but the jeans are decent. They're nicer than what you'd buy at most chain stores (like Target or Old Navy). They just had a ton of them on hsn.com for $10-30. People only look down on them, because they mistake them for fake SFAM. I personally think that's silly

That cracks me up! They are probably the same quality and we only buy 7FAM cause they cost more! I've never tried Seven7 jeans. I do have a pair of 7FAM which are OK, I wear them for work (as an inspector) as they are pretty comfy for crawling around in. I like my R&R's better...I just think they look nicer.

The Seven Jeans they used to sell at express before the parent compant of 7FAM (Liz Claibourne I think) were designed by the deisgners that started 7FAM. They sold their company and then designed the lower price line. Then one of them went onto to start Citizens of Humanity.

That's what I heard. The company split and one of the designers started Seven.

Hi - I also fell for the "I am buying 7's" from Filene's Basement. Filene's are basically selling these jeans.

Now I am wondering what brand is this from? Express/LB or actual Seven7 Jeans. I know they arent the 7 for all mankind, so that can be eliminated.

I personally like the pockets and the feel of them.

i know that in australia the seven 7 are the cheaper version of seven for all mankind. they are however, authorized by sevenforallmankind to be re-made using their name so that it is more affordable.

i bought a pair thinking i was so lucky to have found one that was so cheap, when i realized there was something funny with the logo and it was actually seven 7, i returned it.

here's the article i found Denim gets lower profile as designers cut back on legwork - BusinessNews - www.theage.com.au

basically seven 7 is a "new brand-alliance with the Los Angeles-based jeans designer Seven For All Mankind."
^^^^This is my understanding, too. Thanks!

they're different brands. i even think seven for all mankind was suing 7 jeans.

i don't really like SFAM i'd rather get paige, citizens, or R&R
I agree. I saw them at Off Fifth the other day and I really wasn't impressed. I love R&R!!!

I was always confused with the difference between "Sevens" and "SFAM". Actually, after reading this thread, I'm still confused lol.

thanks sailornep5, i was about to comment regarding this but you beat me to it.

seven7 came out first way back in like the 70s or something (or '69, i forget. but its on their company website) and SFAM came out in 2000. Yeah, I remember the days it was sold at Express and I almost feel sorry for Seven7 because they created the name but SFAM got all the glory.

I never had a pair but I remember trying it on way back in HS and they arent a bad fit to be honest.

Also, the interpretations regarding the article on Seven7 and SFAM are incorrect - the article states that the alliance is between the brand JUST JEANS and SFAM. Nowhere is Seven7 mentioned.

So yeah, Seven7 has nothing to do with SFAM, nor are they a "cheaper" version (like Isaac Mizrahi for Target lol) in any way.

I didn't know there were 2 named so similar!!

But now I'm confused. lol. I most of my jeans at Bloomindales. But I just looked and on the tag it says "7 for all mankind". The 7 is not spelled out "seven". So which ones do I have??

I didn't know there were 2 named so similar!!

But now I'm confused. lol. I most of my jeans at Bloomindales. But I just looked and on the tag it says "7 for all mankind". The 7 is not spelled out "seven". So which ones do I have??

If it has "for All Mankind" after it, it's Seven [or 7] for all mankind... not the Seven7 ones.

7-for-all-mankind-jeans_logo.jpg

7 For All Mankind or Seven for All Mankind
-----------------
0219729A_549

Seven7