Seven 7 Jeans vs. Seven for all Mankind ?

I had a few pairs of the seven7 jeans from Macys and really like them, they're only around $70 a pair and they fit better anything else in that price range IMO. Alot of people do get confused by the name

They sell tons of the Seven7 jeans at TJ Maxx. I believe they're $20. I've never tried them because I haven't been too into the styles but this has been an interesting thread! I always kind of assumed Seven7s were the knockoff brand because I would see them in discount stores. You learn something new every day!

Just wanted to add, Seven7 weren't created by the designers of SFAM. It was started out by completely diff people, not ex SFAM designers like COH was started. Seven7 were kind of popular a few years ago but I've only seen them at discount stores like TJMAXX and Ross whereas they used to be at my local macy's a while ago.

thanks for posting these! I had a "hand-me down" pair of Seven (7s). Not impressed w/ the quality on them, now I know why. They are the only pair I have which have not held up well on the seams in the tushie area LOL.

I just went thru this whole thing this past summer. I always wanted 7FAM jeans and saw the seven jeans at TJ Maxx. The salesperson told me they were the same jeans. I ended up returning them because they weren't what I really wanted though the 7 jeans did fit really good. I heard they are 2 different companies

How about brands like BCBGirls or BCBGeneration or BCBGPARIS, are those part of BCBG? I didn't think sooo..

Well BCBGMaxAzria and BCBGirls and BCBGeneration are a part of the same company, commonly know as just bcbg. BCBGirls and generation are aimed at younger customers. BCBGParis is unrelated though. I hate when others use similar names bc it gets sooo confusing then.

Seven 7 was actually first. They allowed sfamk to co exist with them so if you want to get down and dirty - sfamk were the ones that started after seven7. They saw how profitable the business had become and they started there own line but decided to charge people 5x the cost. I am in the fashion business and all of you people who pay $150+ for jeans, I just laugh at you. Denim is denim and you should buy for the fit. 90% of you buy to show a name on your rear and that is it. Don't put down people for not wearing $150 jeans just because of a name. I see people wearing seven 7 and they look great and if they are comfortable and enjoy them - well that is great cause they just saved $100 when you didn't:yahoo:

I've never heard of Seven 7 Jeans. Anytime anyone mentions Seven (or Seven's), I've always assumed they were talking about Seven for all Mankind, which I've seen in Neiman's, Bloomie's. I'm surprised a lawsuit didn't force one (whoever was first) to stop infringing on the other's trademark.

aren't these a lesser priced line made by SFAM?? and sold at Kohls.
just like the lesser priced C7P (sold at JCPenney) by Chip and Pepper.