September Price Increase FACT

I normally buy pre-owned bags from Ebay and have only recently bought full-price at Neiman's. 3 of my brand new bags had stitches come out after 1-3 wearings .. none of my older bags have had problems. While I love Chanel, I can't justify over $2,500 per bag, especially if I'm losing confidence in quality.

I'm happy to continue my ebay adventures on all the other labels I love and adore and buy Chanel rarely.

See I totally understand what you are saying but won't they feel a crunch when buyers aren't buyin as frequently? I mean I still plan to buybut with all the price increases I certainly cannot buy as frequently as say I could last year this time when prices were substantially lower!

Oh yea!! I was completely agreeing w/ your point. I wish Chanel would feel a hit by people buying less. The problem is: just like Purrrfect was saying, consumers complain and complain YET they keep buying Chanel bags at these insane prices!!! That just validates Chanel to continue to give their loyal consumers the 1-2 punch. I for one am done with the new bags. It's all out of spite now!

These price increases are disheartening...they are totally taking advantage of the handbag phenomenon and we're the ones falling for it. I just purchased a Chanel reissue and while I totally love this bag, I am now feeling a little guilty for having purchased it at its price.

So, no more Chanel for me. I have my 2 "must have" pieces already. I have to learn how to be happy with what I have, and not be greedy.

I for one don't think I'd just start buying Hermes because of Chanel's increases. I actually like Chanel more as a brand and many of their designs appeal more to me than most Hermes bags.

I will buy what I love even if it means I won't be buying frequently. I really don't think that the brand will take a hit to be honest. I think there are enough people who will continue to buy that a boycott from few won't really matter. I remember the same types of posts after some of the bags went about the $2000 line but people kept buying. IMHO, people will likely get used to it eventually and keep buying what they love.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like Chanel would care if we all stopped buying, because that's what they're trying to do. They're trying to stop the "everywoman" from being able to purchase their goods, and go back to the time when only heiresses and stars were able to afford them. So this is what they want.

I can't justify buying a bag that was $500 cheaper a couple of months ago. I bought all my flaps and classics before the increase in Feb. and the ones I got since I somehow managed to get at the old price or they were a new style. I just would feel so cheated to have to pay for the same bag with a new higher price ticket.
I hope chanel feels a hit realizes it can't be the new Hermes.

These price increases are disheartening...they are totally taking advantage of the handbag phenomenon and we're the ones falling for it. I just purchased a Chanel reissue and while I totally love this bag, I am now feeling a little guilty for having purchased it at its price.

So, no more Chanel for me. I have my 2 "must have" pieces already. I have to learn how to be happy with what I have, and not be greedy.

You are sooooo right! I agree with you...:yes:

I normally buy pre-owned bags from Ebay and have only recently bought full-price at Neiman's. 3 of my brand new bags had stitches come out after 1-3 wearings .. none of my older bags have had problems. While I love Chanel, I can't justify over $2,500 per bag, especially if I'm losing confidence in quality.

Oh really? :wtf: That's unacceptable. Shame on Chanel. If they want to be more exclusive they should at least make sure the money we spend is for something of outstanding quality!