September Price Increase FACT

Went to Saks today and asked the SA about a Sept. price increase and she wasn't sure. She said the price increases this past year were from the value of the dollar to the Euro. So, who knows why, it just sucks! :tdown:

Yes, they are bags ....

but, it is sort of like the old saying about the military and marriage ...people complain...but yet they keep signing up...and women keep buying Chanel bags.....:rolleyes:

I hate the prices too, SO when is my new bag coming in...hehehe. Addicted!!:drool:

Doh! :Push: I just got started on Chanel and was thinking of going out and purchasing a white/beige caviar flap...I guess I'm a bit confused? In this thread alone it's been postulated that the price will remain the same, increase and actually decrease in some cases? Bizarre!

See I totally understand what you are saying but won't they feel a crunch when buyers aren't buyin as frequently? I mean I still plan to buybut with all the price increases I certainly cannot buy as frequently as say I could last year this time when prices were substantially lower!

But therein lies the rub: I think the majority won't take their $ someplace else. I think consumers will just suck it up, complain, get over it and buy more Chanels. It's what they love and no price tag will come between that. So many people say the continual price increases stink BUT they'll still holding out for more Chanels. So, I don't think people will say enough is enough.....this is why Chanel can and will continue w/ the price increases along w/ the other reasons.

And yes, I've started a love affair with other designers and love it! Life is too short! When I bought my PST the other week, on THE DAY I bought the bag, a loose stich came unraveled. Unacceptable! I'm going straight to vintage!

Chanel price increases remind of an auction. Do I hear 2 thousand? 3 thousand? I remember reading here on the forum how people would be less inclined to purchase a classic flap after 2k and now I'm reading 3k!?

The prices for the classic flaps went up $500.00 since the 3Q in 2005!!!

Personally I have my limitations and will not enable these insane and frequent price increases.

Onward....to the next designer. ;)