Sephora Return Policy?

If they should give you a hard time, which happenned to me once by some snotty new sales girl, immediately ask for a manager and threaten to call corporate. They hate that. They will bow down before you and do as you say lol.

Oh just want to add, you can return an item purchased like 5 yrs ago there's no return-by date policy. As long as the SKU exists in their database you can return it!

I'm always shy about returning things, even when they're not used! I've never returned something used, but maybe I should if I dislike it - I work hard for my money.

I got the Sephora brand lip primer pencil a while ago and it was absolutely awful, so I tossed it. Judging by the posts on this thread, I should have kept and returned it!

I'm always shy about returning things, even when they're not used! I've never returned something used, but maybe I should if I dislike it - I work hard for my money.

I got the Sephora brand lip primer pencil a while ago and it was absolutely awful, so I tossed it. Judging by the posts on this thread, I should have kept and returned it!

I felt a little weird about it too but I figured it's their policy and people probably do it everyday so why not me (especially when I was having an allergic reaction to the foundation I got and could use my money on something else). What I was embarrassed about was buying new foundation and then going to MAC and trying the Studio Sculpt (and loving it!) and then going back to Sephora to return the foundation that I had just bought to the same guy who rung me up no more then an hour ago. :shame:

Cedes: i always wondered as well! do they become testers? :shrugs: if they just toss it out that would be such a waste- as i can imagine many people return things that have been swiped once

Eeeee! I have a hard enough time trying out any of the testers in the store thinking that they were once brand new, but if they are pre-used and then put into rotation? :faint:

I agree that it would be a total waste to trash them but I can't imagine what else they might do with them that's sanitary.

So, I just tried to return two things to Sephora today without my receipt, and they wouldn't take them back without my ID (which I left in another pair of pants:Push:smile: Why are they doing this now? Anyone know? I tried to google it, and found nothing!

So, I just tried to return two things to Sephora today without my receipt, and they wouldn't take them back without my ID (which I left in another pair of pants:Push:smile: Why are they doing this now? Anyone know? I tried to google it, and found nothing!

I heard an SA tell a customer in front of me in line that they were going to start checking IDs soon. It looked like he was returning a product that was pretty used, and she didn't have a receipt. The SA was kind of giving her a hard time about it, but she ended up taking it back, and that's when I heard her say something like "in the future they are going to start checking IDs with returns so we can keep track of people's returns" or something to that effect. My guess is that people are really taking advantage of their generous return policy, and they probably want to keep track of frequent returners...or frequent returners of half-used products?

yes this id thing when returning without a reciept started this month. According to the SA, the company wants to track the amount of returns per customer..