**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

Has anyone who's resubmitted an item ended up with a lower quote? I've got an item that I think is worth a little bit more than what they're quoting me, but I'm also kind of afraid that if I wait and let it expire I'll get a lower offer the next time and regret it! :shocked:

I don’t really understand they’re buying practices just the other day I they called back for and python Gabrielle backpack and they basically said they didn’t want to buy it which was weird because the bag was in like new condition. I also didn’t give a reason for not wanting it. I just feel like you never know what you will get on their website.

Thanks all!
I just wanted to drop off the bag instead of shipping it. So instead of calling the main customer service number, I called the showroom directly just to set a time to bring it in because the shipping page has no information on how/when to drop off. The person on the phone verified my email and address but the confirmation email said "Your appointment has been scheduled to quote 1 item". He didn't say anything about seeing the item under my account but asked me what I'm bringing in.
I have done quotes online to see if the price range is ok and then make an in person quote appointment. I tell the girl doing my quote I got an online quote already. I have never waited the 30 days for my online quote to expire. They never have cared and are always super nice. I usually get a little higher quote in store than online. I also like to do this sometimes so I don’t have to mess with shipping the bag.

I don’t really understand they’re buying practices just the other day I they called back for and python Gabrielle backpack and they basically said they didn’t want to buy it which was weird because the bag was in like new condition. I also didn’t give a reason for not wanting it. I just feel like you never know what you will get on their website.
In California, they don't allow the sale of exotic skin items, including bags. Stricter enforcement supp went into effect in 2020. FP's HQ is in Carlsbad (Southern California). Maybe that's why?

Last edited:
I had shoes in python too. I think it has to do with CA and exotic leather....

The Fashionphile quoted me $4800 for my 18S light pink lambskin medium flap in a like new condition. I paid $5300, but I was hoping for more than $4800. I have never sold any of my Chanel bags. So, what do you think about their offer?

I think it's a bit low for the prices they are listing classic flaps for in similar condition and in a popular color (pink classics always sell well). I would suggest waiting until next month when the quote expires and try again with a virtual appointment, I heard people are getting better quotes that way. Plus in one month I think the pink classic craze will be at an all time high due to more and more people wanting a 21s pink and being unable to find one in stores. Perfect time to sell.

I think it's a bit low for the prices they are listing classic flaps for in similar condition and in a popular color (pink classics always sell well). I would suggest waiting until next month when the quote expires and try again with a virtual appointment, I heard people are getting better quotes that way. Plus in one month I think the pink classic craze will be at an all time high due to more and more people wanting a 21s pink and being unable to find one in stores. Perfect time to sell.
Great suggestion! :tup: I got the 21S light pink caviar and the color is very close to the 18S light pink.

Reactions: Glitterbomb
I have done quotes online to see if the price range is ok and then make an in person quote appointment. I tell the girl doing my quote I got an online quote already. I have never waited the 30 days for my online quote to expire. They never have cared and are always super nice. I usually get a little higher quote in store than online. I also like to do this sometimes so I don’t have to mess with shipping the bag.

Thanks for the reply! I'll just ask them to see if they will offer me a higher quote and see what they say. Will report back here as well in case people are curious about quote differences.

The Fashionphile quoted me $4800 for my 18S light pink lambskin medium flap in a like new condition. I paid $5300, but I was hoping for more than $4800. I have never sold any of my Chanel bags. So, what do you think about their offer?

View attachment 5015754
4800 isn't awful for light pink and lamb! They offered me 2800 for the same bag. LOL. I did virtual as well.