Secret Tips for Caring For Your Celine

Hi everyone!

I've honestly read the entire forum so it's not like I didn't do the homework! But I'm still SO confused what do use for my new and very first Celine!

But mostly Apple and Collonil on this forum. I know the specific product recommendation depends on the specific leather/bag so I have: the Cabas Phantom in Taupe. https://www.celine.com/en-au/celine...LGobXmIhLHcMCTW0QE_6MIo55jDygn2BoCO-cQAvD_BwE

So it's a light colored calfskin. I want to protect it before I first use it!

I see Apple, Collonil, and even Saphir online (this is made in France and says it doesn't use silicone which affects the leather over time - now I'm a bit paranoid about silicone based products but I don't know). Should I condition it first and also spray protect it with a water repellent? Which ones do you know WILL work on this and not change its colour or damage it?

I saw a few people say the Apple spray actually left discolouration on similar leather.

Please help - I'm dying to use my bag but want to protect it first!

Thank you!

Hi everyone!

I've honestly read the entire forum so it's not like I didn't do the homework! But I'm still SO confused what do use for my new and very first Celine!

But mostly Apple and Collonil on this forum. I know the specific product recommendation depends on the specific leather/bag so I have: the Cabas Phantom in Taupe. https://www.celine.com/en-au/celine...LGobXmIhLHcMCTW0QE_6MIo55jDygn2BoCO-cQAvD_BwE

So it's a light colored calfskin. I want to protect it before I first use it!

I see Apple, Collonil, and even Saphir online (this is made in France and says it doesn't use silicone which affects the leather over time - now I'm a bit paranoid about silicone based products but I don't know). Should I condition it first and also spray protect it with a water repellent? Which ones do you know WILL work on this and not change its colour or damage it?

I saw a few people say the Apple spray actually left discolouration on similar leather.

Please help - I'm dying to use my bag but want to protect it first!

Thank you!
Hi!

I use the Saphir Médaille d’or lotion on all my Celine bags to clean and protect them and it’s great, I highly recommend!

Hi!

I use the Saphir Médaille d’or lotion on all my Celine bags to clean and protect them and it’s great, I highly recommend!

thanks! Do you have a similar leather type with your celines? Just cautious with the Taupe and the soft supple calfskin :S

And do you use a water repellent spray after? or the lotion is enough? how often do you do it?

Last edited:
thanks! Do you have a similar leather type with your celines? Just cautious with the Taupe and the soft supple calfskin :S

And do you use a water repellent spray after? or the lotion is enough? how often do you do it?

I have the same bag in black, and I also have a Celine bag in natural calfskin tan (that’s the lightest color I own). I’ve never had any issue !
I don’t use water repellent on my bags. Only the lotion, maybe once a month, to clean & nourish the bag. I’ll also use it after it has rained on the bag for instance, especially with natural calfskin, it helps remove water stains too!

Reactions: jennibean
I have the same bag in black, and I also have a Celine bag in natural calfskin tan (that’s the lightest color I own). I’ve never had any issue !
I don’t use water repellent on my bags. Only the lotion, maybe once a month, to clean & nourish the bag. I’ll also use it after it has rained on the bag for instance, especially with natural calfskin, it helps remove water stains too!
Thanks! That helps!

is it this?: https://doublemonk.com/collections/conditioning/products/mink-oil-lotion

I am going to get some Saphir wish me luck! I'll report back once I do it

Thanks! That helps!

is it this?: https://doublemonk.com/collections/conditioning/products/mink-oil-lotion

I am going to get some Saphir wish me luck! I'll report back once I do it

Yes it is! I put a bit on a soft cloth and then gently rub it on my bag.
I would still recommend to do a test on a small hidden part of the bag (just in case)! Also when you will apply it, it will make the leather look darker (can even look like a big stain) but within a few minutes It will completely dry and the leather will looks nourished and beautiful!

Please help~ Wear and tear one celine box bag:
Does this seem normal for celine box bag? this is an used bag. I have heard it is easily scratched, but not like this. This looks somewhat like wrinkle on the leather surface.

S__116924420.jpg

S__116924422.jpg

Hello! I just got a new to me Celine belt bag and I am so excited! The bag looks great with the exception of a few minor signs of wear I had to search for. Any suggestions for how to clean the bag? I have an old coach leather conditioner, would that be suitable? There is also a tiny stain inside on the suede, I have a Cole Haan suede eraser cleaner- could I use this or is there something better? Thanks all!