Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been seeing a lot of fakes too. I don't know much about designer purses, but I know that when Louis Vuitton bag doesn't have a patina on the handle it's fake. I bought some Louis Vuitton heels, but I am thinking they might be fake.

elvisgurly said:
I've been seeing a lot of fakes too. I don't know much about designer purses, but I know that when Louis Vuitton bag doesn't have a patina on the handle it's fake. I bought some Louis Vuitton heels, but I am thinking they might be fake.

Take them to the 'Authenticate this LV' thread. They are extremely helpful!

Here it is Finally :smile:

That is amazing! And I whole heartedly agree, you've awakened a mcqueen hunger! Still can't believe he's gone.

I need to thrift a computer that won't break! Or a computer savvy friend!

I'm hoping tomorrow is fifty percent off salvos day and I can get there early! Have thrifted a bit. No pictures cause everything here is still broken ... But hey my diy finger cut has healed!

Silk suit from neiman Marcus with tags on it for $4. A vintage dress that's 1960s sears and paisley. It has such a nice shape. I'm decluttering over here and pao has very good advice on not buying unless you are in love with it and if the love fades ... Sell it off. But eBay is hella slow.

I missed a Sunday morning thrift and my buddies were worried. So nice to be that addicted. I found a great pair of wide leg denim deisels and a pair of dolce and gabbana jeans that are so distressed. Purposefully. I had to franken hem them. Used a pair of old navy jeans I had grabbed back when things were twenty cents. So now I can wear the d&g and no one will know they were once butchered by some cray! Worst hemming job I have ever seen!

It's such a relief to feel so confident about altering and repairing my thrift finds! Massive credit to my tpf buddies! Also I have so much more skill now than I did a year ago. Massive experience and a keenly honed eye! Practice practice!

Someone asked about YouTube thrifters. I didn't see anyone mention mspinkfabulous ... She does a great mix of vintage and modern designer. I like msmsshopaholic who only does massive goodwill outlet hauls. DanielTroppy stopped doing YouTube but he really helped my high end sensibility.

Oh and I love jeni ... She is fivejsmakesus5 ... She's so fun and loves vintage!

I also love watching that communities thrift tips and their thrift tags. Love!

Hi, everyone! It's been awhile since I've visited this thread. Has Anne's TV debut aired yet?

I don't think it's been on yet ...

You know I forgot to mention youtuber nicelydamaged. She uses thrift in all her fashion videos and she's one whose personal style I really dig. I may try and Internet adopt her to go with my Scottish Texan son. She reminds me of the way Anne styles. But Anne is still cooler! :smile:

Hi, everyone! It's been awhile since I've visited this thread. Has Anne's TV debut aired yet?

Not that I know of! I will email and see when it will air. I am a little nervous!!

You know I forgot to mention youtuber nicelydamaged. She uses thrift in all her fashion videos and she's one whose personal style I really dig. I may try and Internet adopt her to go with my Scottish Texan son. She reminds me of the way Anne styles. But Anne is still cooler! :smile:

:heart::heart: you Laz!!!

I think we'd be hard pressed to find a styler better than our Anne :smile:

And since Lazlo is in CA and I"m in NY I'd like to half adopt Jama (I'm part Scottish from my Dad a million generations ago) for the East Coast. Ok it's settled, then!

Not that I know of! I will email and see when it will air. I am a little nervous!!

:heart::heart: you Laz!!!

Yes let us know! I will have to find it online to watch it! You will be much more famous than me now! Hopefully it will be easier to recognize you in that episode than it is to try and find me in all the stuff I do!

Did I post the link to the episode of Nikita that I was on back in November?
If not here it is: http://www.nowvideo.eu/video/dzb4671ixxpt3
I have to watch my TV shows online since I don't own a TV...I'm at the 10min mark after all the police and vehicles pull up. I'm the photographer snapping pics wearing my plaid Vince blazer (gifted but was bought at a consignment shop), and my $2.99 Banana Republic thrifted pants from the sketchy thrift store. It's a dark shot but I'm the one right by the door of the limo and if you look closely you can see my pandora bracelet on my left arm...That's how I told my mom to identify me! 5 hours on set for 10sec of fame LOL! One of my friends recorded it onto a DVD for my mom so we have it. Now I have to wait until spring for the episode of Warehouse 13 to air that I'm on. I have to look into that and see when it airs so my mom can watch it LOL!

Went out in the snow for a little thrifting. Found a cute coach bag for $5 and a really pretty Bill Blass scarf. I'm officially a sucker for scarves. I immediately zone in on anything with hand rolled edges.:graucho:
Apart from that, just some clothes for the kiddies and DH.

Last edited:
I'm itching to get back to thrifting! This thread is like crack. haha Hubby has a few days off this week so I'm hoping I can leave the baby with him to go hunting. I can't wait! I hope I find something good!

Where ya been?

Status
Not open for further replies.