Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LisaK026 said:
Originally Posted by LisaK026
Can you please authenticate this Hermes Vert anis chevre envelop for me. I purchased it today at an Antique Store in Santa Barbara. Thanks

I believe this is indeed authentic.

WHOHOO. :yahoo:
I kinda knew it was, but it's good to get the authentication!!!!

Lisa that is a fantastic find. Love the color, so happy for you and a tiny bit jealous. Congrats!

What's wrong with thrift shops??????? Just found Chanel ballerina flats for$170!!!!
Did get this black Ferragamo sneakers for $7.99 though!

View attachment 2023510
So cute! I can just see you running around in these.

Originally Posted by LisaK026
Can you please authenticate this Hermes Vert anis chevre envelop for me. I purchased it today at an Antique Store in Santa Barbara. Thanks

I believe this is indeed authentic.

WHOHOO. :yahoo:
I kinda knew it was, but it's good to get the authentication!!!!

WOW! SO pretty! I’m so very happy for you.

Getting ready to head out for today’s find! Hoping the rain will keep everyone else away….heheheh

bagghunter said:
hi ladies, got a question for you....

so this thrifting habit that i discovered is getting out of hand (LOL!) i think i just filled my closet in a matter of two weeks because of a lot of awesome finds! i'm thinking of selling them and keeping some stuff that i really really like.

do you also sell your thrift finds?

TIA!

Yes! I sell the majority of my finds to fund my shopping habit and only keep the things that I like the very best! I love my inexpensive finds but also will occasionally splurge on something expensive. My thrift info generally fund those purchases.

bagghunter said:

so this thrifting habit that i discovered is getting out of hand (LOL!) i think i just filled my closet in a matter of two weeks because of a lot of awesome finds! i'm thinking of selling them and keeping some stuff that i really really like.

TIA!

Yes!!! I think it's the same for all of us, it's become an obsession! I mean who can say no to $1 whatever!!! Right? But the more you thrift the more picky you get because space becomes an issue. So eventually the finds you thought we're awesome get replaced by even better stuff. I started selling on eBay because of this! Eventually I would find something so amazing that doesn't for me and have to buy it just to sell it! Now I have a full closet of stuff that I need to sell but it's not that easy to sell on eBay! Specially clothes! If I had a tip don't buy just anything to sell, buy what you love and if you love it less tomorrow, sell it! Sometimes you will be surprised about what people are willing to pay for stuff. For me it's become a fun hobby!!! I can also justify buying more stuff if I'm selling some!

TIA!

Yep!Absolutely.
I also take a lot of items to trade also

If I had a tip don't buy just anything to sell, buy what you love and if you love it less tomorrow, sell it! Sometimes you will be surprised about what people are willing to pay for stuff. For me it's become a fun hobby!!! I can also justify buying more stuff if I'm selling some!

That is great advice. I have ended up stuck with things that I thought would be great sellers on ebay ...but remain. I no longer buy clothes to sell on ebay, I stick with bags and accessories, as they sell better for me.

I realize that I purge and clean my closet way too often ..to the point where I sometimes kick myself for getting rid of things, and then wanting it later.

Hello there. I'm new to TPF but have a question. I came across some YSL shoes at a thrift store this morning and they are in perfect condition. I bought them but on the way home I realized they are a size 7N. Does YSL sell shoes in US sizes?

yvettem113 said:
Hello there. I'm new to TPF but have a question. I came across some YSL shoes at a thrift store this morning and they are in perfect condition. I bought them but on the way home I realized they are a size 7N. Does YSL sell shoes in US sizes?

No ysl always sells in European size. You can take pics and post them here and we can help you out!

Ok here they are. I tried to get all angles and the stitching. The material is really great and the leather inside is buttery soft.

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

TIA!
That is a safe assumption. I have cut way back on my thrifting (that's why I was missing for a while). If I don't LOVE it, I don't buy it, anymore. It can get really out of hand, really fast. I have always sold the stuff I am bored with on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.