Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this one looked really sick. It was sad. What did you feed him? The first time I saw the fox it made a sound that almost sounded like a cat. I wasn't sure if it was a huge stray cat or a small mountain lion.

I feed them dry dog food, chicken bones, lunch eat ends a local deli saves for me super cheap and bread ends! They do sound like cats when they cry, Siamese actually.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1368151126.424230.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1368151137.455559.jpg Here is a pic of Mr. Bones, the only one who shows up in daylight.

Such cute stuff! I LOVE THAT TRENCH!

I was so excited about the scarf that I forgot to tell you, that is a beautiful trench coat!

Krissy love your tote! Super cute!!!
Raven so excited about your first Hermes scarf, first of many, I almost bought a fake one too' always look at the details in the drawing. Real armed have very thin lines and don't bleed outside the lines. Also hand rolled edges facing the bright part of the scarf. Hermes always has an accent. And they have a heavy feel to them. They are not light and flimsy. I would keep it to use as a comparison it can help you in the future!

Emmie I love the see by Chloe shirt! Keep it!! Adorable!

LadyAsh! If you get the job you better hook us up with discounts!

Love the mackage dress Wildfurry!

That jacket is so pretty! And the jewelry box & the vintage bag... all such great finds!

The fox story told by Ms. Chowlover was so cute. They are speculating that some dog breeds have come from foxes and not wolves. These is this crazy Russian guy who has domesticated foxes and has several generations of them. The ones bred in captivity have changed their coats and started making a sound that resembles baring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_silver_fox

Nice polish haul! How dare they cancel your order at Chanel.

I learned about Mackage on tPF, lol! That trench is to die for!!!

Great finds especially that trench love the details. Nice deal on that jewelry box ad vanity.

Oh I just love everything you got ESP that trench! Way to go! I had no clue about Mackage. Nice. I do notice that many of my nicer vintage coats were made in Canada. Eh?

Love the vintage fume mirror! And the swans! Of course you need two cause they mate for life.

amamaaazzzzzinngggggg you are so very lucky!! I am so happy for you! Are you doing the crazy chicken dance right now?

Thanks ladies :biggrin:!

Laz, I've also noticed a lot of good quality vintage coats made in Canada! But most that I find are so boxy and unflattering on :yucky:.

Hehe! I enjoyed your tour!! Too bad about those boots, though :P. Wearing a size ten, this happens to me A LOT :sad:

I wear a size 10 too, I feel your pain :crybaby:. My real size is an 8.5 or 9, but I always have to size up since my feet are wide! I need to put insoles in or every boot is uncomfortable for me, even the low ones.

Haven't found much in weeks but today I found this gorgeous Italian hand rolled silk scarf by Liberata Per Fiorio $2 and a brand new Tahari leather bag $10 (after 30% coupon)

Great finds! They're both beautiful.

I found the first Hermes at VV on a Wednesday. It was in the glass case underneath a Lanvin I wanted to look at. When I saw it, I told the salesclerk to let me see it. Well he did and it did not have a price. He threw it under his register in a box and told me to come back Friday and it would have a price. I ended up going Saturday moening. I walked around that case looking for that scarf. The sales clerk couldn't locate it. Just when I was ready to walk out, I spotted under the register. She pulled it out and it still didn't have price. She called the manager and the manager place a price on it.

That's an amazing story! It must have been meant to be :biggrin:. I can't believe the manager would price something from the case so low! Well, I guess they didn't know it was from the case originally since it was under the register.

I'm also surprised they priced it for you, they never do that here!

Last edited:
Thanks ladies :biggrin:!

Laz, I've also noticed a lot of good quality vintage coats made in Canada! But most that I find are so boxy and unflattering on :yucky:.

I wear a size 10 too, I feel your pain :crybaby:. My real size is an 8.5 or 9, but I always have to size up since my feet are wide! I need to put insoles in or every boot is uncomfortable for me, even the low ones.

Great finds! They're both beautiful.

That's an amazing story! It must have been meant to be :biggrin:. I can't believe the manager would price something from the case so low! Well, I guess they didn't know it was from the case originally since it was under the register.

I'm also surprised they priced it for you, they never do that here!
They usually don't, but I talk to the lady behind the register often. She asked me if it was a big guy that threw it under the register? I said yes and he was rude. She said hold on a moment. She called the manager, said something to her in her language and the woman said sell it to her for .....I can't remember the price, but it was under $10...I think.;)

Wow! Have I missed a lot, but this time of year is always really busy for me. I have enjoyed all your finds and one of these days I'll get to go thrifting again.
Laz your quilt is amazing. Raven queen of the scarves and handbags. Pao great chanels. Hope you are enjoying Spain. Chowlover wonderful story about the foxes. So sweet.

Haven't found much in weeks but today I found this gorgeous Italian hand rolled silk scarf by Liberata Per Fiorio $2 and a brand new Tahari leather bag $10 (after 30% coupon)

Pretty scarf and love the colors on that bag!

I called and they said they do not know why it was cancelled so ... I yelled at them in an outrageous fake French Accent. I told her her mother was a hamster and her father smelt of elderberries!

Then I threw a Cow at Sir Karl ...

*snort* :biggrin:

So, I have to come back to this. We are all always looking for treasures at the Thrift Store...but SOMETIMES we have it in our jewelry box; and we don't even know it.

Last night on Dukes of Melrose they were talking about Schiaparelli. Never heard of it. So today I Google it. There is some jewelry that looks just like these earrings of my Mother's, that I always loved and now possess (they were the only piece of "fashion jewelry" I kept). I never thought they were anything but cool looking. Got the loupe out and they are marked! Schiaparelli. VERY COOL. I even had good fashion sense when I was a little kid!

That's just the coolest!!!

Ok I'm going to share some of my second hand finds! Most are not even with me! I purchased them on posh and they went straight to my moms house and ill see them at the end May. Only one was purchase here and it's my favorite!!! Found a consignment place and purchased this...
View attachment 2175021View attachment 2175022
Retails for $800 got it for about $320

View attachment 2175026
Chanel flats for $37 have to take them to a shoe repair guy!
View attachment 2175028
Jbrand pants for $25
View attachment 2175029View attachment 2175030
Hermes belt buckle for $110 they retail for about $370 the second pic is what it looks like!

Love everything buy my fav is the Chanel belt!

Oddly enough one of my Facebook friends linked to this today and said they woke her up because they sounded like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIR8RtI9kaw&feature=youtu.be
Now I'm going to be up all night watching fox videos! It's strange, I have lived in this house most of my life. I always saw, raccoons, possums and skunks growing up, but no foxes. I didn't know I heard them though. I always thought it was a screech owl killing something in the woods. I have 7 acres here, have is lawn, half is wild, so alot of wild life. Then about 8 yrs ago I found them in my compost pile, and they have been around ever since. They get a really bad rap, I was also feeding a stray cat at one point, and the fox never went near the cat. They just eat mice, moles and voles which is fine by me!

Ohhhh the scarf has Morning Glories! How lovely! Lovely! Letmetellya buddy girl that there scarf would not be $2 here ... no no ...

Still looking for Church yard sales and still failing like Satan in an Easter Bonnet ... But I persist! One day I will meet my source ...

hey maybe I should start by asking my Godmother ...

I love that bag!

I blame LadyAsh for my new found love of the 80's Fashion. Never thought it would happen to me. I wore a Liz Claiborne (aka Liz) silk royal blue leaning purple dress today ... I was partying like it was 1985!Icoulda used your purse for the color palette!

Oh you Nice German Girl! They have such high prices on nail polish in Germany from what I recall. Here, if you follow the coupon ways you can pay so little for drugstore polish!

Me too Me too! It is so great!

Yes nailpolish is really expensive 8,95 Euro for Sally Hansen and they Never get cheaper no Coupons nothing ... That Sicks but happily i work in the Office of a Hufe Drugstore chain and for workers they have a outlet so o get them mostly for 50 Cents 😃 i guess i got Lucky there :smile: maybe i should Post a picture of my nailpolish Collection :smile:

So, I have to come back to this. We are all always looking for treasures at the Thrift Store...but SOMETIMES we have it in our jewelry box; and we don't even know it.

Last night on Dukes of Melrose they were talking about Schiaparelli. Never heard of it. So today I Google it. There is some jewelry that looks just like these earrings of my Mother's, that I always loved and now possess (they were the only piece of "fashion jewelry" I kept). I never thought they were anything but cool looking. Got the loupe out and they are marked! Schiaparelli. VERY COOL. I even had good fashion sense when I was a little kid!

That is really nice ... Hoffen treasure at home :smile:

OMG! That's amazing! What is it and what is it for? Is it going to be shown somewhere?

I was at a historical embroidery exhibition for the embroiderers guild and they had it on display. But they allowed people to stitch into it I just stitched in my initials as I was pushed for time as I wanted to see everything. They had 3000 embroidered postcards on display that were made for the Olympics last year I will post some of the pictures I took if you all don't mind :smile:

I stopped by GW real quick today and noticed that they had a lot of jewelry. I asked why they had so much? They said corporate came through and told them to take all of the jewelry out of the jewelry jars they sell. I always hated the jewelry jars; you couldn't see what was in it and too expensive to purchase. So I looked at the jewelry; found M. Negrin cross earrings and vintage Swoboda jade earrings for $2.99. It's hard to get a good pic, but they are beautiful and I found out Negrin sell for a pretty good price on the bay. Swoboda jewelry is the vintage jewelry of the stars....Cool Beans!
http://[URL="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/raven3766/media/IMG_20130509_220629-1_zps88335e29.jpg.html"][/URL]

I love Michal Negrin jewelry - that's a great price!

I stopped by GW real quick today and noticed that they had a lot of jewelry. I asked why they had so much? They said corporate came through and told them to take all of the jewelry out of the jewelry jars they sell. I always hated the jewelry jars; you couldn't see what was in it and too expensive to purchase. So I looked at the jewelry; found M. Negrin cross earrings and vintage Swoboda jade earrings for $2.99. It's hard to get a good pic, but they are beautiful and I found out Negrin sell for a pretty good price on the bay. Swoboda jewelry is the vintage jewelry of the stars....Cool Beans!
http://[URL="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/raven3766/media/IMG_20130509_220629-1_zps88335e29.jpg.html"][/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.