Schnauzer Love

Here is my baby Sophie. She is a mini schnauzer. She is six months old and I've been thinking about having her ears cropped. What do you guys think?

m_39da6b1d66e7c0f09546692c9e7ea7fa.jpg

I had a Schnauzer years ago, and his ears we cropped. After he died, my mom got another, and decided not to crop and she looks cute without. They are really expressive without the cropped ears. Unless you are wanting to show, then, there is no big reason to crop.

^I too once had a Schnauzer and he too had his ears cropped...and he was not a show dog. My dad bought him from a pet shop...so we didn't have a say in it.

I love this thread...makes me think of my schnauzer that passed away 5 years ago...he was 14 :sad:

I had a Schnauzer years ago, and his ears we cropped. After he died, my mom got another, and decided not to crop and she looks cute without. They are really expressive without the cropped ears. Unless you are wanting to show, then, there is no big reason to crop.
Yes you are right. It seems as if she talks with her ears sometimes the way she moves them. She is such a character.

Hi everyone :smile:
I have quietly looked at this forum for a long time. I did a search for schnauzers and found this thread. All the pics are adorable.
We had 2 mini schnauzers, a s/p named Trace and a b/s named Roxy. They are the loves of my life!! I do not have children, so they were babied and spoiled BEYOND belief!
Trace passed away in August of 2006 at 12 yo and Roxy in September 2008 at 11 yo. I can't stop thinking about them and missing them. They are the most adorable dogs. So intelligent and SO much personality.
So after much much thought we are getting another one.
I am gonna be a new "mama" :smile:.
The deposit has been made with the breeder. So I don't know when our baby will arrive. This is a breeder of show dogs and she only has one litter a year. I am hoping to be able to bring my baby home by December!! I am SO excited!
Thanks again for sharing your love of schnauzers!