Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xincinsin took the words right out of my mouth: I was never interested in Wa-ko-ni until these pictures. This is the first time I've noticed that it can look abstract and sort of midcentury modern depending on how it is tied. Very, very beautiful, thank you for posting.
I am very pleased if my post has inspired you! ...Hope to see more Wako ni lovers here and mod pics
When I was about to buy my first one, I didn’t find much info on this forum but I dicovered some nice pics with scarf tied on mannequins, from different online sellers. That was how I stepped my foot in this understated beauty.

Reactions: Belphoebe
View attachment 3883312 View attachment 3883313 View attachment 3883314 The warm tones of my olive and gold Mexique. I love this design so much (mainly because of the plumage), that I own it in two cws: olive and bright turquoise.
When I scrolled to these photos I did an involuntary "Ooh!" This is a magnificent scarf.
Fifi, tell the truth now, is there a single color combo that you cannot wear? You look magnificent in brights, and now here you are in warm earth tones, looking just amazing. :heart::heart::heart:

This is an enchanting scarf that doesn't get nearly enough attention. The men's scarves do sneak under the radar (though sometimes I like that). It looks great in that knot with the denim.

I know marietouchet is right about the unlikelihood of my ever learning who the designer is, but I still have this fantasy that we'll figure it out someday. A friend traveling in China was told it might be a Chinese designer named Zhang (Bachua Zhang? something like that?), but I don't know where that name came from. The internet doesn't turn up anything helpful. The friend isn't a design afficionado, though: for all I know, they were talking about Hermes Rent-a-Car.

I agree 100 percent and I haunt the men’s scarf section! You made me laugh so much though with the Hermes Rent-a-Car! [emoji38][emoji4][emoji38]

Reactions: Belphoebe
Les Fusils - this scarf is old and hadn’t been taken care of until it came into my hands. It is so soft, has a few tiny holes, and a it’s a little stained - yet still beautiful. Lovely warm fall colors.
IMG_1511039771.101955.jpg
IMG_1511039784.085906.jpg
It’s pouring outside, but we’re downstairs watching the ND football game, drinking Champagne and snacking on some excellent toast with some soft cheeses. My Coco is begging just a bit [emoji38]

When I scrolled to these photos I did an involuntary "Ooh!" This is a magnificent scarf.
Fifi, tell the truth now, is there a single color combo that you cannot wear? You look magnificent in brights, and now here you are in warm earth tones, looking just amazing. :heart::heart::heart:
Oh my goodness, Elaine, what a beautiful compliment! Thank you, dear! I gravitate towards the brights and the warm colors. I tend to avoid cooler colors and pastels, although I love them. I just don’t think I look my best wearing them.

Reactions: ElainePG
Our scarf of the day belongs to my BFF...we de-plissed it following PocketbookPups advice...turned out beautifully and will now be much worn and enjoyed .... it is totally smooth and flat but has a faint sateen diagonal stripe effect left from the plissedView attachment 3882019 View attachment 3882020
I'm so sorry I missed Pocketbook Pup's advice -- katekluet (or anyone else) do you have a link to the technique for de-plissing? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.