Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Well, today is Saturday so I have a "bonus" theme day as I thought our week ended yesterday! My scarf selection today is Tatouages Marins bandana CSGM. There is no "story behind" this design as of yet, but the center of the shawl features legendary perils and mythical creatures faced by the seafarers of old-- the kraken, the reefs of peril, the island of bears, the Chariot of Neptune, pirates, mermaids and so on such as might be the subject of sailors' tattoos (hence the title). My musical association for this piece has to be the sea shanty. My family used to love a radio program called The Hudson River Sampler hosted by Wanda Fischer (I believe @Karenska will know it!) and through this program we spent many Saturday mornings listening to folk artists such as The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem singing these rhythmic old songs of the sea.
By way of example, here's Nathan Evans singing his immensely popular cover of "The Wellerman".

View attachment 5991242
And again, thank you to @Karenska for a wonderful week!

Great song and scarf. I am tempted by the sea creatures…

We should be at a party together. I bet we’d have a blast. Or better yet BE the DJs 😂.

Oh- for sure for sure....I made Mr Bcat listen to Cocteau Twins this evening for my week long 80's music parade finale at home... :lol: I had no idea an entire musical genre was born from music like this... and learned a new term- shoegaze.

Hello, everyone! Been MIA since getting home due to unexpected “things”. I want to thank everyone for their participation this week and fun musical associations, videos, songs, and lyrics. It’s been a pleasure hosting, such that it was with a trip in the mix. Leaving you with another musical association. Promenade de Longchamps is an iconic vintage design that seems to have been reissued often, judging by the availability on the resale market. Here’s a cw I’d just love.
View attachment 5991383
I own a vintage yellow, purchased from a seller on eBay who said it was his mom’s and never worn. A gorgeous, gorgeous cw. Well, I never fail to think of the park scenes in the 1953 movie Gigi. Though very dated in its themes, one cannot dismiss Leslie Caron’s exquisite performance as the heroine.
View attachment 5991407
View attachment 5991408
Have a great weekend, dear Scarfies!
So beautiful, and I still love Gigi!

I have some catching up to do today but for now - it’s been a two scarf day. Morning was Parade en Fanfare gavroche:

View attachment 5991417

And then Splash Park this afternoon. I suspect Under the Waves is a better scarf fit for the Little Mermaid’s ‘Under the Sea,’ but this scarf did really make me think of that song the moment I saw it in person.

View attachment 5991418

And earlier this week I wore some non-H, a new Longchamp that I picked up last weekend. Such fun spring colors!

View attachment 5991419
All so pretty on you! I love the new addition.

Zamboni break at the Profesional Women's Hockey League game.

View attachment 5991455

Very cool!

King’s Day today, so something had to be orange. 🧡

View attachment 5991475View attachment 5991478
Prettige Koningsdag! Stunning marble.

Happy Saturday, dear Scarflandians. I have enjoyed your posts and your immense creativity. My life demands don’t allow me much time to dedicate to the forum but I like to contribute at least once a week. Here is my Pique Fleuri et Provence as worn to a matinee performance at the Metropolitan Opera (I guess that is the best music connection I can make:smile: have a great weekend, everyone! View attachment 5991619
Wonderful, @Ashanti_Rose!

I associate this amazing musical piece by Carl Orff with festivities and Le jaguar is a festival of happy colors.

View attachment 5991639

This is such a lovely scarf and lifts everything. You look so pretty!

Love this, Bunny! Happy Sunday.

I think every day is pet hair day here! This moussie also covers two for me. Large format binge (too many 140s!) And CCP. I bought this one trying to find a match for @Cookiefiend 's Tourbillons. Off by a mile.

Yesterday, I reorganized my scarves. :faint: I moved my clothes out of my bureau and now it is all H. :facepalm: All the better to see what is in the stable.View attachment 5983696
Oh, but it IS glorious!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Beautiful, Agrume. Orange amidst other beautiful colors. Happy King’s Day.
So beautiful, and I still love Gigi!

All so pretty on you! I love the new addition.

Very cool!

Prettige Koningsdag! Stunning marble.

Wonderful, @Ashanti_Rose!

This is such a lovely scarf and lifts everything. You look so pretty!
Thank you, dear Karenska and GloWW0rm! 🧡 🧡 🧡

Good morning Scarflandia!

Music week was certainly an excitement! (at least in my head it was really exciting! :lol: ) A great big THANK YOU! :hugs: to our dear @Karenska for hosting.

As a little segue from last week to this week, there was some popular 80's music that was sort of a "slow burn" for me. Or "late to the party" if you will. One of those bands was The Pretenders. (By the time I heard Pretenders in the early 80's, my interest was already looking towards alternative bands like Devo. :lol: ) But these days I do perk up and sing along when "Brass In Pocket" or "Back on the Chain Gang" comes on our "plays anything" station so I eventually acquired some much deserved appreciation for them. :smile:

This week, we'll take a little trek along a similar theme with scarves.

28 Apr 2024 Cinderella: Scarves (or formats) you fell in love with much much later and why

It was an originally just "scarves" in the title but that seemed a little vague to me, so I've expanded the definition to be a little more explicit. Sometimes it's a particular scarf that we pass over for whatever reason, but sometimes it may be a whole genre of scarves that requires a little bit slower "processing" time for us to appreciate or fall in love with.

One of those scarves that definitely fits in this week's theme for me is... (wait for it- you aren't going to believe this!) ....Lazy Leopardesses. I kid you not. I was very slow to jump on the Leopard train. Now it is one of my most perfect scarves. I originally didn't want to get one because I already felt "full up" in the cat scarf department with Baobab Cat, various Dallets like Panthera Pardus and Jungle Love, Tyger Tyger and Jaguar Quetzal X 3 but am so glad I finally did because it turns out I adore this scarf. I wear it fairly often, and this bronze colorway goes with a lot. This was also a scarf I had trouble deciding what colorway I was most interested in for a long time, so that didn't help matters in the acquisition department.

Lazy Leopardesses last week:

lazylatelove1.jpg

Now, hold on to your seats. In fact, you should probably just sit down for the next one. A format I AVOIDED for several years was anything large, especially CSGMs. Errrrmmm- WHY?!? :wtf: I just don't know. I guess I figured various issues like too much fabric or cashmere will probably make me itch or some other such excuse. (In my defense, I really am sensitive to wool, unless it's merino- especially superfine 14.5 micron merino.) But one deep cold snap trying to stay warm out walking and not succeeding plus a job where I felt like I was always parked directly under a refrigeration vent prompted me to re-evaluate and reform my evil ways in 2019.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Welp. I'm so glad we got THAT little problem sorted out now. :roflmfao:

Here's Panoplie Equestre and Cosmographia from a few weeks ago. It's a bit on the humid and swampy side now for any CSGM wearing but I treasure my little CSGM herd.
CSGMlatebloomer1.jpg

cosmobright.jpg

So let's get this week rolling Scarflandia! In the words of Romeo Void "Never Say Never!". Show and tell me your "slow burn" scarves or formats and I'll leave you with a little Chrissie Hynde to remind you that sometimes appreciation comes slowly.

Last edited:
Thank you @Cookiefiend ,@Jereni ,@Karenska , @Croisette7 and @LKBNOLA .Thank you so much for your likes, loves and kind words. Also I’m very glad you liked the music choice :smile:

this is SO pretty on you and a most excellent music choice!

Stunning look as usual! Good song reference.

What a stunning look, SilkCouture, you look gorgeous.

Love it as top, SilkCouture!

Music week was certainly an excitement! (at least in my head it was really exciting! :lol: ) A great big THANK YOU! :hugs: to our dear @Karenska for hosting.

As a little segue from last week to this week, there was some popular 80's music that was sort of a "slow burn" for me. Or "late to the party" if you will. One of those bands was The Pretenders. (By the time I heard Pretenders in the early 80's, my interest was already looking towards alternative bands like Devo. :lol: ) But these days I do perk up and sing along when "Brass In Pocket" or "Back on the Chain Gang" comes on our "plays anything" station so I eventually acquired some much deserved appreciation for them. :smile:

28 Apr 2024 Cinderella: Scarves (or formats) you fell in love with much much later and why

It was an originally just "scarves" in the title but that seemed a little vague to me, so I've expanded the definition to be a little more explicit. Sometimes it's a particular scarf that we pass over for whatever reason, but sometimes it may be a whole genre of scarves that requires a little bit slower "processing" time for us to appreciate or fall in love with.

One of those scarves that definitely fits in this week's theme for me is... (wait for it- you aren't going to believe this!) ....Lazy Leopardesses. I kid you not. I was very slow to jump on the Leopard train. Now it is one of my most perfect scarves. I originally didn't want to get one because I already felt "full up" in the cat scarf department with Baobab Cat, various Dallets like Panthera Pardus and Jungle Love, Tyger Tyger and Jaguar Quetzal X 3 but am so glad I finally did because it turns out I adore this scarf. I wear it fairly often, and this bronze colorway goes with a lot. This was also a scarf I had trouble deciding what colorway I was most interested in for a long time, so that didn't help matters in the acquisition department.

View attachment 5991701

Now, hold on to your seats. In fact, you should probably just sit down for the next one. A format I AVOIDED for several years was anything large, especially CSGMs. Errrrmmm- WHY?!? :wtf: I just don't know. I guess I figured various issues like too much fabric or cashmere will probably make me itch or some other such excuse. (In my defense, I really am sensitive to wool, unless it's merino- especially superfine 14.5 micron merino.) But one deep cold snap trying to stay warm out walking and not succeeding plus a job where I felt like I was always parked directly under a refrigeration vent prompted me to re-evaluate and reform my evil ways in 2019.

Here's Panoplie Equestre and Cosmographia from a few weeks ago. It's a bit on the humid and swampy side now for any CSGM wearing but I treasure my little CSGM herd.
View attachment 5991702

View attachment 5991703

So let's get this week rolling Scarflandia! In the words of Romeo Void "Never Say Never!". Show and tell me your "slow burn" scarves or formats and I'll leave you with a little Chrissie Hynde to remind you that sometimes appreciation comes slowly.

Thanks to @Karenska for a fun, tuneful week and yay for another week of good times with @bunnycat!

I’m guessing you will say that your Cosmographia is in your wheelhouse of go-to colors but I want to commend your Panoplie selection, it’s excellent! I really love the contrasts and the bits of unusual colors like mustard and teal and turquoise and orange. Harmonious for sure, but a bit edgy and they look great on you!

Thank you @bunnycat (leopard-twin 😊) for introducing Cinderella week. I Bet it will be just as fun as melody week!

A cross-over for an informal family gathering tonight is Pierre et cristaeux - musically it could allude to a never-seen double act of The Crystals (Da doo Ron Ron Ron) and The Stones.

For the coming week it almost is on topic as I for a very long time stayed away from blue scarves, not thinking they would suit me, and instead going for Earth and Fire colours.

These days every colour is welcome! Even this previously dreaded combo of blue, khaki, turqoise, red and grey …

IMG_8288.jpeg
Wish you a lovely Sunday!

View attachment 5991701

View attachment 5991702

View attachment 5991703

Love your black Panoplie! Sisters!