Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Thank you @Karenska!

I absolutely agree with the re-titling of this and a great song to go with it. For awhile I thought of it as the "Finding Nemo" scarf too but whatever you call it, it is beautiful @Sickgrl13!

Just a great on theme scarf and those glasses are fan-tabulous @Locquaciousloc!

Thank you-- it was an unexpectedly good match I think! And not a side of that bright cw I usually show so a win-win @Cookiefiend!

Very beautiful design and wonderful cw @cascade2021! So rarely seen-- I am delighted you featured it.

I have often wondered about that @Croisette7!!! It just seems soooo coincidental. I do think there were borderless issues too and I appreciate your checking your collection :ty:

Your scarf ring and the memories of Maple in her silk cocker spaniel persona are so special @Snausages. I am so sorry. She was a very lucky girl to find her home with you and I know how hard it is when they leave us-- especially when gone too soon...

It is lovely @Redbirdhermes -- I bought this for my daughter for the same association!

I know! Other things can languish for months but the pursuit of a desired silk can be remarkably expeditious! I think we can call it a "recreational hazard" @FA73. And pre-congrats on your new Pytheas-in-transit as well! Can't wait to see which one sails over to you...

It is lovely @CedarWaxWing -- I was a bit unpersuaded by this one until my niece made a strong case for it based on exactly that point-- she said the animals were just as goofy as the composer meant them to be! Thank you also for sharing the lovely clips.

You will get no argument from me on the great Louis Armstrong @violetkool-- what a wonderful connection!

So very beautiful @Cookiefiend-- your sepia cw and your love for this design put this high up on my wish list...

And sisters with me too @Croisette7 as I have now the blue cw-- I went searching the SOTD threads and see you have the red one-- somewhat similar to my Jardin des Metamorphoses? They are all so stunning!
View attachment 5989995

Sisters @Karenska! This is indeed a darling design...

Perfect cw for you @Jereni!

It is just a blue cw @textilegirl but a very happy find for me from a vintage store in London. It was during the pandemic and the seller was so lovely I practically wanted to jump through my computer have tea...
Three sisters and it is rare, how lucky we are!

That looks delicious. Wish I could join you!

A virtual toast to you, my silk-friend :drinkup:
:drinkup: ❤️
Greetings Scarflandia! It’s been awhile. My sweet Maple earned her wings over Easter weekend - I so miss the music of her jingling collar and beloved squeaky balls.

SOTD Sur Mon Nuage with Dimitri Rybaltchenko’s cocker spaniel chasing a ballie
View attachment 5989671

Colliers de Chien twilly with a cocker spaniel holding a ballie in its mouth
View attachment 5989673

And Fleurs de l’Opera with a special scarf ring handmade by a scarfie featuring a black cocker spaniel
View attachment 5989672

My sweet girl who is terrorizing squirrels over the Rainbow Bridge
View attachment 5989678
My deepest condolences, dear Snausages, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Maple. It is heartbreaking to lose our beloved pets. I hope the memories of the life you shared together bring you a measure of comfort in your grief. I love the scarves and scarf ring that you have that celebrate her, too. The ring is very special. Sending you caring hugs.

Dear Scarfies, “Eleftheria” (Ελευθερία) is the Greek word for freedom or liberty. My SOTD beautifully captures the theme of liberty, courage and emancipation—just like George Michael’s anthem ‘Freedom,’ which celebrates the spirit of personal liberation. A perfect pairing in essence and inspiration!
View attachment 5990004

Eleftheria Silk 140 -Vert / Blanc / Multicolore- Ref: H673752S 01
View attachment 5989986

Love it as top, SilkCouture!

Good morning!!
Thank you for gracefully allowing my bad puns. Unfortunately that encouraged me …
So how about some band names?

Def leppards?
View attachment 5990140

The Beatles?
View attachment 5990142

The Byrds?
View attachment 5990141

Oh my. Now I will spend most of the Day trying to come up with more of these…

But here is my sotd as a tribute to the Brandenb(o)urg concertos of JS Bach

Brandenbourg fleuris - I just adore those corners…

View attachment 5990147
View attachment 5990148
Wish you a punderful Day!!!
My fav cw of Brandebourgs!

I had forgotten all about that song and love the pairing! Also I see EL Atlantis from time to time and am always intrigued by it. It may find its way into my drawer one day yet - and you will definitely get some of the blame/credit :smile: And a pink birthday cocktail! Perfection.
Thank you, CedarWaxWing, I hope you acquire it someday soon! I liked all the cws of this design when it was issued. Yes, that pink Cosmo was refreshing, sitting in that beautiful space surrounded by windows overlooking Independence abd Washington Square Parks. A perfect afternoon stop after walking all over the place.
1714041639312.jpeg
The restaurant is located in the magnificent Curtis Publishing Company building which houses a most spectacular artwork by Maxfield Parrish, The Dream Garden, a huge mosaic mural made of over 100,000 pieces of fevrile glass set by Tiffany Studios.

IMG_1565.jpegIMG_1562.jpeg

Last edited:

One of my favorite singers honoring another legacy. “Where Have all the Flowers Gone?”
and Planifleurs in an uplifting, vivid pink. These are my colors 😁
View attachment 5990083

What a gorgeous cw, Maedi, it looks divine on you. And so fresh with your white sweater. Such a sad song. Joan Baez is one of my favorites, too, as is Pete Seeger.

• Thanks
Reactions: Maedi
Good morning!!
Thank you for gracefully allowing my bad puns. Unfortunately that encouraged me …
So how about some band names?

Def leppards?
View attachment 5990140

The Beatles?
View attachment 5990142

The Byrds?
View attachment 5990141

Oh my. Now I will spend most of the Day trying to come up with more of these…

But here is my sotd as a tribute to the Brandenb(o)urg concertos of JS Bach

Brandenbourg fleuris - I just adore those corners…

View attachment 5990147
View attachment 5990148
Wish you a punderful Day!!!
You are cracking me up, HE 😂. Def leppards 😆. Your Brandenbourgs is stunning and I love those corners. The “Brandies”, as my husband lovingly calls them, are in my pantheon of beloved works. Several times we heard them performed on New Year’s Day at the Troy Music Hall by The Berkshire Bach Ensemble. A great way to start the year!

To stay on topic of music :Here’s double sided Sous le Charme d’Orphee in two cw and Fetes Venitiennes plus Concerto in green cw.
In the myth of Orpheus, he could charm everyone by his music and on the scarf he’s playing different instruments while Greek Gods and different creatures are all dancing.
How fun is this thread 😎😇🤪🥰🙌
I love everyone’s pics!!!
Helena, your SlCd’O cws are glorious and they are gorgeous on you. Love your FV, too.

Dear Scarfies, “Eleftheria” (Ελευθερία) is the Greek word for freedom or liberty. My SOTD beautifully captures the theme of liberty, courage and emancipation—just like George Michael’s anthem ‘Freedom,’ which celebrates the spirit of personal liberation. A perfect pairing in essence and inspiration!
View attachment 5990004

Eleftheria Silk 140 -Vert / Blanc / Multicolore- Ref: H673752S 01
View attachment 5989986

What a stunning look, SilkCouture, you look gorgeous.