Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 5703987
Early in her career, Coco Chanel spent time at the French seaside because she owned a hat-making shop in Deauville. This is where she drew inspiration from the sailors’ uniforms, incorporating their look into her nautical collection. At the seaside, the shirt was worn for work and comfort; Coco Chanel gave it urban chic. The Breton stripe top was to be forever associated with her because of the iconic 1928 photo below. Well, she looks quite chic bien sûr, but the woman needs a scarf to go with those stripes!
View attachment 5703988 (images from frenchly.com)
Stripes come in all different styles, from vertical pinstripes to the classic French marinière T-shirt with its distinctive bi-color horizontal stripes.They are considered one of the foundational prints for pattern-mixing because they are clean and graphic, and can function as a neutral background. If you want to “kick it up a notch” pair some stripes on stripes and see what happens :shocked: There's plenty of style inspiration going already with mod shots from @MAGJES and @greycity to get you going, so get in touch with your inner Coco Chanel and tie a scarf on some stripes, y'all!

My own casual wardrobe “uniform” (very suitable to Cape Cod!) is heavy on a collection of various marinières in many colors besides the classic blue and white. I also love a menswear button up shirt in a basic vertical stripe. Here's a favorite summer “look” -- Plumes en Fete with a Saint James marinière:
View attachment 5703986
And from SS2023, Brides et Destins, paired with a menswear grey/white striped tunic:
View attachment 5704067
And I tried it also in a Chemisier Knot. I think the Angel Wings suits the narrow stripes more, adding some broder drama while the anthracite center of the scarf calls back to the grey in the shirt. which looks gets the :tup: or :tdown: ?View attachment 5704069
Beautiful. I especially love the first combination with Plumes. It’s fabulous.

Reactions: Nomad and Julide
Quick post and run to make the taco beads! Yes- I am making taco beads for people with dogs named Taco, to be used on fancy show leads. :P

But for my walk this morning it was Jaguar Quetzal on a floral and animal print t-shirt (before the cold front comes in and knocks our temperatures back 40+ degrees tonight) Sleet is in the forecast for tomorrow....In Texas, you really do have to keep 2 or 3 seasons of clothes on the ready at all times.

View attachment 5703678
Glorious match!!!

Princess Anne sends her apologies that she is too busy to post this herself and I said I would do it for her. She wore it to church today with her bro.

La Femme aux Semelles de Vent

View attachment 5703794
It looks like Princess Anne and I were on the same scarfing agenda, as I wore La Femme CSGM to a dinner last night:smile: One of my fav designs - I also own a few 90s, including the same CW as on Princess Anne:smile:)))

IMG_4579.JPEG

Most of my stripe tops are summer wear and are packed away because the temperatures are in the single digits Fahrenheit these days. So here are a few examples from the archives.

Stars and Stripes with La Voie Lactee

784D730A-6B31-4A18-8F3D-43C62C994DF8.png

For the Fourth of July with La Folle Parade

328A5BF4-A898-4587-B45B-318A4790413F.png

What scarf will go with this striped shirt? with Le Carnaval de Venise

41235F0F-D200-4349-8DD4-76F9FB1A0823.png

And, black and white galore with Zebra Pegasus.

0A76A666-9EAF-4795-9A72-C3B55FD3F7EE.png

Today, I’m wearing a sedate pinstriped gray top with Duo Cosmique as my scarf of the day.

20230130_085732.jpg

View attachment 5703987
Early in her career, Coco Chanel spent time at the French seaside because she owned a hat-making shop in Deauville. This is where she drew inspiration from the sailors’ uniforms, incorporating their look into her nautical collection. At the seaside, the shirt was worn for work and comfort; Coco Chanel gave it urban chic. The Breton stripe top was to be forever associated with her because of the iconic 1928 photo below. Well, she looks quite chic bien sûr, but the woman needs a scarf to go with those stripes!
Stripes come in all different styles, from vertical pinstripes to the classic French marinière T-shirt with its distinctive bi-color horizontal stripes.They are considered one of the foundational prints for pattern-mixing because they are clean and graphic, and can function as a neutral background. If you want to “kick it up a notch” pair some stripes on stripes and see what happens :shocked: There's plenty of style inspiration going already with mod shots from @MAGJES and @greycity to get you going, so get in touch with your inner Coco Chanel and tie a scarf on some stripes, y'all!

My own casual wardrobe “uniform” (very suitable to Cape Cod!) is heavy on a collection of various marinières in many colors besides the classic blue and white. I also love a menswear button up shirt in a basic vertical stripe. Here's a favorite summer “look” -- Plumes en Fete with a Saint James marinière:
View attachment 5703986
And from SS2023, Brides et Destins, paired with a menswear grey/white striped tunic:
View attachment 5704067
And I tried it also in a Chemisier Knot. I think the Angel Wings suits the narrow stripes more, adding some broder drama while the anthracite center of the scarf calls back to the grey in the shirt. which looks gets the :tup: or :tdown: ?View attachment 5704069
Dear @LKBNOLA I might be biased, you've styled Brides & Destin well with your tops! :flowers: I keep telling myselfI should get more scarf rings but I get too distracted by all the new silks she. I visit my store.:lol:

Loving everyone's posts so far....I think it's time for me to start buying more tops with patterns. :loveeyes:

View attachment 5703987

View attachment 5703986
View attachment 5704067
Your nautical Plumes is a delightful showing with stripes - Bravo!
I must say that I am very taken by this fantastical Destins ❤️ in such an appealing colorway.

Most of my stripe tops are summer wear and are packed away because the temperatures are in the single digits Fahrenheit these days. So here are a few examples from the archives.

Stars and Stripes with La Voie Lactee

View attachment 5704108

For the Fourth of July with La Folle Parade

View attachment 5704109

What scarf will go with this striped shirt? with Le Carnaval de Venise

View attachment 5704110

And, black and white galore with Zebra Pegasus.

View attachment 5704111

Today, I’m wearing a sedate pinstriped gray top with Duo Cosmique as my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5704133
Hermes really does bring a striped shirt to life. Wonderful examples!
Gorgeous and Perfectly matched necklace with Duo.
Just when I think I can’t love your posts more you outdo yourself! Love!
Pattern on pattern? You asked for it ;)

View attachment 5704135
Lovely velvet jacket with this exceptional 70!
It looks like Princess Anne and I were on the same scarfing agenda, as I wore La Femme CSGM to a dinner last night:smile: One of my fav designs - I also own a few 90s, including the same CW as on Princess Anne:smile:)))

View attachment 5704121
Semelles in black makes such an elegant statement.

Hermes really does bring a striped shirt to life. Wonderful examples!
Gorgeous and Perfectly matched necklace with Duo.

Just when I think I can’t love your posts more you outdo yourself! Love!

Lovely velvet jacket with this exceptional 70!

Semelles in black makes such an elegant statement.
You are SO sweet! Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.