Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick post and run to make the taco beads! Yes- I am making taco beads for people with dogs named Taco, to be used on fancy show leads. :P

But for my walk this morning it was Jaguar Quetzal on a floral and animal print t-shirt (before the cold front comes in and knocks our temperatures back 40+ degrees tonight) Sleet is in the forecast for tomorrow....In Texas, you really do have to keep 2 or 3 seasons of clothes on the ready at all times.

View attachment 5703678
This FABULOUS!
Fabulous intro! Granddaughter is so cuuuuuute!

I don’t tend to mix/match animal prints much, it appears from the archives. But here’s a few fun ones!
View attachment 5703552View attachment 5703553View attachment 5703554View attachment 5703555
The Three Graces gav is just so adorable. I think we have the same animal print jacket!
Fab' intro!
Thanks again to @Snausages for last week. A real pleasure to see all those little cutties!
Next week is going to be a lot less comfortable for me but I'll try to rise to the challenge and especially get some ideas from the experts! @LKBNOLA sets the bar very, very high from the start!
In my wardrobe, there are very few patterns. I prefer plain clothes but I do go crazy with scarves that are quite intense in information. You can probably help me with some ideas... I love these trousers but I don't wear them much because I feel like I'm being disguised with too many patterns. Which scarf to wear with it? Any other suggestion?View attachment 5703564View attachment 5703568
Perfect!
Wonderful introduction, LKB. I especially love your last combo. Very striking.

I don't even own animal print clothing, but I did pick up the Lazy Leopardesses a few seasons ago. Aside from one quick outing this scarf has stayed in its box. But, I'm bringing these ladies out now to commit the so-called fashion faux pas and mix an animal print scarf with a plaid shirt.

Looking forward to a wonderful week of amazing patterns and daring fashion. My scarf of the day is Lazy Leopardesses.

View attachment 5703580
Leopards and plaids are always in style!

Good morning Scarflandia! With many thanks to @Snausages for a fabulous week, please get ready to transition to:
mix and match
idiom
:
to put different things (such as pieces of clothing) together in different ways
(Merriam-Webster)

This week, our theme is "Pattern on Pattern," exploring this tried-and-true style concept in the context of our scarves. Every morning this week, I will give you a “prompt” to get you started along with some examples from my closet and others (including some of our own TPF mavens of this strategy). We will cover stripes and dots, florals and graphics, tops and bottoms, jewelry and outerwear as we make our way through the week.

For today, and to make a nice transition from our furry friend week, the focus is on animal prints! So whether you are already a “vintage” style icon like this:

View attachment 5703487
Or just starting on your independent style journey like my little granddaughter,
View attachment 5703489
“Embrace the power clash. You don't always have to match patterns. Mixing bold patterns like leopard print and plaid may seem like a fashion faux pas, but there’s a lot of power in selecting two prints that don’t share any commonalities. Anchor the look with a neutral item, like a black blazer or denim jacket.” (masterclass.com)

So bring it on Style Mavens! Here are my two examples for today:

View attachment 5703495
View attachment 5703494
Thanks for kicking us off this week and I’m looking forward to everyone’s photos! I seem to have a large void in my (clothing) closet as it relates to animal prints, so this is the closest I can get to the theme.. Mixing and matching with stripes :amuse:

03BF972B-51C4-454A-A4A6-E3269680ED40.jpeg

Good morning Scarflandia! With many thanks to @Snausages for a fabulous week, please get ready to transition to:
mix and match
idiom
:
(Merriam-Webster)

This week, our theme is "Pattern on Pattern," exploring this tried-and-true style concept in the context of our scarves. Every morning this week, I will give you a “prompt” to get you started along with some examples from my closet and others (including some of our own TPF mavens of this strategy). We will cover stripes and dots, florals and graphics, tops and bottoms, jewelry and outerwear as we make our way through the week.

For today, and to make a nice transition from our furry friend week, the focus is on animal prints! So whether you are already a “vintage” style icon like this:

View attachment 5703487
Or just starting on your independent style journey like my little granddaughter,
View attachment 5703489
“Embrace the power clash. You don't always have to match patterns. Mixing bold patterns like leopard print and plaid may seem like a fashion faux pas, but there’s a lot of power in selecting two prints that don’t share any commonalities. Anchor the look with a neutral item, like a black blazer or denim jacket.” (masterclass.com)

View attachment 5703495
View attachment 5703494
Wow! This is going to be fab week!:woohoo:I do not own any patterns so I must taken in inspiration with the hope of a wishlist:amuse:at the end of this week:giggle:

Fabulous intro! Granddaughter is so cuuuuuute!

I don’t tend to mix/match animal prints much, it appears from the archives. But here’s a few fun ones!
View attachment 5703552View attachment 5703553View attachment 5703554View attachment 5703555
Spectacular!
Fab' intro!
Thanks again to @Snausages for last week. A real pleasure to see all those little cutties!
Next week is going to be a lot less comfortable for me but I'll try to rise to the challenge and especially get some ideas from the experts! @LKBNOLA sets the bar very, very high from the start!
In my wardrobe, there are very few patterns. I prefer plain clothes but I do go crazy with scarves that are quite intense in information. You can probably help me with some ideas... I love these trousers but I don't wear them much because I feel like I'm being disguised with too many patterns. Which scarf to wear with it? Any other suggestion?View attachment 5703564View attachment 5703568
My favorite is FoSA - that yellow hem is just right!
Wonderful introduction, LKB. I especially love your last combo. Very striking.

I don't even own animal print clothing, but I did pick up the Lazy Leopardesses a few seasons ago. Aside from one quick outing this scarf has stayed in its box. But, I'm bringing these ladies out now to commit the so-called fashion faux pas and mix an animal print scarf with a plaid shirt.

Looking forward to a wonderful week of amazing patterns and daring fashion. My scarf of the day is Lazy Leopardesses.

View attachment 5703580
Wow! The olive colors are perfect with purple/blue!
Quick post and run to make the taco beads! Yes- I am making taco beads for people with dogs named Taco, to be used on fancy show leads. :P

But for my walk this morning it was Jaguar Quetzal on a floral and animal print t-shirt (before the cold front comes in and knocks our temperatures back 40+ degrees tonight) Sleet is in the forecast for tomorrow....In Texas, you really do have to keep 2 or 3 seasons of clothes on the ready at all times.

View attachment 5703678
Fantastic - love the top!
I realise I don't have too many patterned clothes with this week's theme focusing on patterns.

Wearing Robe Legere to go out on this snowy Sunday.

View attachment 5703712
So pretty!
:faint:
No words, just :faint:
Inspired by today’s theme I am headed off to PetSmart.

View attachment 5703754
❤️❤️❤️
Thanks for kicking us off this week and I’m looking forward to everyone’s photos! I seem to have a large void in my (clothing) closet as it relates to animal prints, so this is the closest I can get to the theme.. Mixing and matching with stripes :amuse:

View attachment 5703766
Perfect - I am a fan of stripes!
And scarves o’course. :lol:

View attachment 5703678
Brava!!!!
These are brilliant. The check! Brilliant!

View attachment 5703754
Luuurrrve.

mix and match
idiom
:
(Merriam-Webster)

View attachment 5703487
View attachment 5703489

View attachment 5703495
View attachment 5703494
Both are fabulous examples. I am a coward when it comes to pattern mixing and have almost zero patterns in my closet. Looking forward to the inspirations.

Fab' intro!
All four are fab but Duo Cosmique and Flowers of SA are winners.

View attachment 5703678
I have similar weather/clothing issues when I am residing in NOLA @bunnycat but what I do NOT have is a top as fabulous as this one to go with my scarves-- absolutely fantastic pairing...the red florals on the top are the perfect call-back to the red in the scarf...
What a wonderfully well thought-out start to the week @LKBNOLA! Your first two mod shots are genius, and even more compelling is the photo of your granddaughter in her Premeires Mains pajamas! (Agree with you, @Karenska - it was my first thought too, as I have two PMs that I adore.) I love your Pelages and I plan to hopefully acquire one in the future, but what is the name of the second scarf? It sounds like it may have been mentioned as a new scarf for you, but I've missed a lot in the last few weeks.

I just want to say that there may be no one better than you, dear LKB, to lead this intriguing topic! I will follow along, enjoying and learning from all the posts this week as I am still on Kauai for another 8-9 days, (half working remotely and half playing) so my most of my scarf collection remains inaccessible at home, and admittedly I am spending a lot more time outside and not on my devices. I do however have one photo taken here that will do nicely for this week's theme, I think. Thank you for hosting, LKB, and thank you to all you Scarifies who continue to contribute to the enrichment of the rest of us and our closets - if not always our wallets! ;)
Thank you @CedarWaxWing -- the 70 in my second example mod shot is this SS2023 Jungle Love Stamped. I fell in love with it and it is proving already to be a go-with-everything silk!
Wonderful examples of the animal print power struggle. Pelages et Camouflage is a show stopper!

….and in keeping with my love of theatre…..your granddaughter steals the show. She’s going to be in your scarf drawer before you know it.
:lol: and I know you have some sweet grand-littles stealing the show too @MAGJES-- she did appropriate her dog's groomer bandana and announce she was wearing a scarf too, so there's always hope for the scarf love to pass to another generation!
I realise I don't have too many patterned clothes with this week's theme focusing on patterns.

Wearing Robe Legere to go out on this snowy Sunday.

View attachment 5703712
I think this floral with the argyle sweater in the same color family looks lovely @mktlim --very pretty combo.

View attachment 5703754
Nobody does animal print combos like you do @MAGJES-- just fabulous and even your errand is on point as you are heading to Pet Smart (speaking of animal prints!). I believe I must study this post carefully for inspo as I think I see a twin or sister Tigre du Bengale in there... amirite?

View attachment 5703766
This looks wonderful-- love those orange tails @greycity!
Wow! This is going to be fab week!:woohoo:I do not own any patterns so I must taken in inspiration with the hope of a wishlist:amuse:at the end of this week:giggle:
By the end of this week you'll be shopping for at least one striped button up or floral blouse @Julide. Cheaper than a scarf, tho :lol: !!
Both are fabulous examples. I am a coward when it comes to pattern mixing and have almost zero patterns in my closet. Looking forward to the inspirations.
See ^^^^ @Maedi-- same prediction!!! One striped top, or one polka dot or one floral...
Princess Anne sends her apologies that she is too busy to post this herself and I said I would do it for her. She wore it to church today with her bro.

La Femme aux Semelles de Vent

View attachment 5703794
I cannot stop laughing about this @gracekelly. I am sure that under her practical brown coat is a lovely striped shirtwaist dress that is perfectly on theme!

You look so nice, chic and relaxed, Hotgalaxy. Wildlife we never see in our neck of the woods!
Thankyou @Karenska. West Aussie's are very casual and it was a warm 28 degree C evening, but here the night temperatures can plummet by half, so a shawl/scarf can come in handy to keep the chill off. Today we're expecting a 40C day, it'll probably be about 20 overnight. This old roo is wild and looks very beat up. He comes to eat and lay in the shade of our mulberry tree during the day. (I think he's in palliative care, if you know what I mean) :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.