Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a marvelous design and I can understand why you are enthralled with it. I am as well, as my grandfather was Spanish and I love Spanish dance.
I also took flamenco classes, but flunked out because I was the class clown. My daughter took Spanish dance classes for seven years and did all the competitions and shows.
But, even without a connection to Spanish dance and culture, it is a great design. I thought you might enjoy seeing mine
View attachment 5000157
View attachment 5000155
View attachment 5000156
View attachment 5000158
View attachment 5000153View attachment 5000154
Ole!

I watched the video and played around with the snail’s knot. I had success with the knot but picked the wrong design (Kara Ora) and it was too busy under my neck! ....I dropped it down to a simple knot.
00F109BB-557B-4D34-8F38-1F9D3641A2FF.jpeg

I did try another knot in the video and thought it was kinda cool. Here it is with Tohu Bohu.
B19E72B6-12B5-438A-B1EB-B65EAD745567.jpeg

I wanted to show this cute little corner in my new Wild Singapore and came up with a little short knot.
C413DDE3-F907-457D-BA50-36A87CE9E9E8.jpeg

I’ve found lots of uses with the Eprons scarf ring. This one is my “go to” wrap.
D0A023FC-5C85-43BA-8448-946F812CCF32.jpeg

Not sure if I picked the best sweater color to show off this vivid purple scarf but it does highlight the contrasting hem.
77912F35-4217-4F85-8FF0-5E0EEFA890DB.jpeg

This is such a marvelous design and I can understand why you are enthralled with it. I am as well, as my grandfather was Spanish and I love Spanish dance.
I also took flamenco classes, but flunked out because I was the class clown. My daughter took Spanish dance classes for seven years and did all the competitions and shows.
But, even without a connection to Spanish dance and culture, it is a great design. I thought you might enjoy seeing mine
View attachment 5000157
View attachment 5000155
View attachment 5000156
View attachment 5000158
Spectacular!! You have some lovely colorways!

It really does - how lovely!
The wash silk is really growing on me!

Thank you dear @Pirula !
I agree. This knot looks great with the washed scarves!
Such an easy knot I never think of doing! Grateful for all the extra inspiration this week.

Such a beauty! Love the softer hand
I thought this one might be too muted even for me, but DH compliments me every time I wear it. Must be doing something right :smile:

More Half Bow Knot fun, with Animapolis. I've noticed this knot can highlight center and just-off-center elements of the design, especially if you begin the knot by draping your bias fold so one end hangs longer than the other. That tilts the design so you get more center elements at the neckline and in the half bow. I'm pleased to discover that this way highlights the gorgeous green leopard.

p.png

I do not know what happened here, but I can tell you this mistake brightened my evening: I habe seen this group live, they are a blast. And Vincenzo Capezzuto is made for stage performance! If only I can remember what scarf I wore that day...

Scarf tax:
do not even bother to completely unfold, throw rectangle around neck, fixate with scarf ring:View attachment 4999841View attachment 4999842
Nice knots! And I love Vincenzo C !!!

I watched the video and played around with the snail’s knot. I had success with the knot but picked the wrong design (Kara Ora) and it was too busy under my neck! ....I dropped it down to a simple knot.
View attachment 5000176

I did try another knot in the video and thought it was kinda cool. Here it is with Tohu Bohu.
View attachment 5000178

I wanted to show this cute little corner in my new Wild Singapore and came up with a little short knot.
View attachment 5000179

I’ve found lots of uses with the Eprons scarf ring. This one is my “go to” wrap.
View attachment 5000182

Not sure if I picked the best sweater color to show off this vivid purple scarf but it does highlight the contrasting hem.
View attachment 5000183
These are all wonderful!

Keeping it simple with gavroches today.
Spent a few hours at the office this morning. No fancy knot, just a bib with my H Odyssey. I used two tiny silver rings to hold it in place.
View attachment 4999581

Then in the afternoon I played with new acquisition Cheval Punk, slid through a small chain d'ancre type of scarf ring and tied off.
View attachment 4999584

And finally in the evening, I tried wearing my problem scarf ( pale green Phoenix with bright purple border) with a vividly coloured top. I used the same tiny rings that I used in the morning.
View attachment 4999592
I love those little rings and the pretty effect they create with your gavroches.

View attachment 5000176

View attachment 5000178

View attachment 5000179

View attachment 5000182

View attachment 5000183
I love all these-- very clever way to show your WS critter and the Tohu Bohu knot looks great.

View attachment 5000157
View attachment 5000155
View attachment 5000156
View attachment 5000158
Love, love, love!!!!!

I see a lot of Flamenco love going on. Just a word of caution: lots of Hola Flamenco fakes around. And I think I read that even for the real stuff, there are differences between cws. If you plan to buy one, please buy from a reputable seller or get it authenticated.

Commercial break over :smile:
Thank you for the heads up!

One of the most decorative and festive knots is the Edot Knot. One can either knot the silk or use a chain d’ancre scarf ring. I prefer to use a scarf ring. This knot can look different depending on the stiffness or softness of the fabric and also depending on how tightly or loosely you make the folds. You can also vary the look by how high or low you position the fanned-out fabric corner. The are tutorials for the Edot Knot on YouTube.
Here are some Edot Knots created with a variety of my scarves
Jardin a Sintra
View attachment 4999600

Cosmographia Universalis
View attachment 4999601

La Femme aux Semelles de Vent
View attachment 4999602

Panoplie Equestre
View attachment 4999603

Manufacture de Boucleries Detail
View attachment 4999604

Les Artisans d’Hermes
View attachment 4999605

Flowers of South Africa
View attachment 4999606

L’Esprit de la Foret
View attachment 4999607

La Maison des Carres
View attachment 4999608

La Marche du Zambeze
View attachment 4999609

L’Arbre du Vent
View attachment 4999610

Les Tresors d’un Artiste
View attachment 4999611
So beautiful, Fifi!
I must get over my knot-phobia and try the Edot (she says for the umpteenth time...)

He is one of my favourites too! I even have two different cws (and sizes) of Space Shopping au Faubourg. Also recently bought Formule Chic too. One of my absolute favourites from Dimitri Rybaltchenko that I unfortunately don't own myself is Noel au Faubourg. Love your "Last Night" scarf!!

Using some photos I already have (and some from H.com) of my Dimitri Rybaltchenko scarves as it's a bit too dark in the evenings this time of the year to take good photos of them:

Formule Chic from AW20. Double face scarf. Looks even better IRL as the colours are deeper (imo)
View attachment 4999657
View attachment 4999658

Space Shopping au Faubourg AW17
View attachment 4999656
View attachment 4999659

With a matching facemask
View attachment 4999666
My dear SA offered me a Formule Chic yesterday. I waaaaaaasssss tempted. But I finally bought myself a Last Night from a reseller. The cw I wanted never came to my home H.

I do not know what happened here, but I can tell you this mistake brightened my evening: I habe seen this group live, they are a blast. And Vincenzo Capezzuto is made for stage performance! If only I can remember what scarf I wore that day...

Scarf tax:
do not even bother to completely unfold, throw rectangle around neck, fixate with scarf ring:View attachment 4999841View attachment 4999842
Feeling left out :lol: What is this music video that everyone can see but me? And are any of the rockers wearing scarves? :roflmfao:

Hi, tlamdang! <<waves frantically!>>

Status
Not open for further replies.