Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautifully tied Croisette!
One of my favorite knots is @MaiTai Criss-Cross Bow Knot, which is very similar to the Half Bow Knot that @Yoon daily scarf showed us. Traditionally, this knot begins with a bias fold, but I start out my variation with the scarf folded as a triangle. I place that triangle over my shoulders with the point in the back. Then, I follow all the other steps of the Criss-Cross Bow Knot. Finally, I arrange the back point to one side. Depending on how high or low, or loose or tight, it can look different each time. Here are some examples...
Ex Libris en Kimonos
View attachment 4999179

La Marche du Zambeze
View attachment 4999180

La Maison des Carrès
View attachment 4999181

La Comédie Italienne
View attachment 4999182

La Danse des Indiennes
View attachment 4999183

Mexique
View attachment 4999184

Les Toucans
View attachment 4999185

Sieste au Paradis
View attachment 4999186

Parures de Samourais
View attachment 4999187

Egypte
View attachment 4999188

Into the Canadian Wild
View attachment 4999189

Les Artisans d’Hermes
View attachment 4999190
Look how great Voyage looks with this knot!

I tried 'Fifi's double ribbon knot', thanks for your wonderful tutorials, @Cookiefiend and @More bags !! :loveeyes:

I'm not sure that I made it right, I think I need to practice it more! haha :lol: But I'm so happy that I learned another beautiful knot today!

View attachment 4999345

And this knot is the one that @Bova123 shared us, I love this Bova's knot, too! :hugs:With it, I can showcase this lovely Clownfish at the front. My babies call it as 'Nemo' ;)

View attachment 4999349View attachment 4999350

And I tied Fifi's Criss-cross knot variation too!
View attachment 4999351
I think this gorgeous knot will be one of my favorite knots!! Thanks a lot for sharing your great idea, dear @Living.la.vida.fifi !! :hbeat:
Your Bova knot looks so good! I can't seem to master it yet.

Thank you. Fifi.

I retied it later while babysitting my 6-month old grandson. Still in a bias fold with a tiny knot at the bottom. I think of this as the @Cookiefiend special as she often models this so elegantly.

View attachment 4999692

Oh he is beautiful.:love:

SOTD - Half bow knot with Zambeze Wash 90 cm. I feel like the vibe of this knot becomes more casual, with the super-soft wash silk.

View attachment 4999801

Lovely!!

Carrés en Carré in my #1 preferred bias fold, double wrap. Last week 7F, today 80F. Texas, my Texas.

Sweet! :tup:

This very nice and elegant.

If you think the 'Chain D'Ancre Snail knot' is too complicated or if you need more simple knots, I recommend this knot to you! I named it as 'Chain D'Ancre bias fold knot' :love:

It started with bias fold. Just pull the fold through the scarf ring, and loop it around your neck, and tie it - And it's done!
It's one of my best To-go knots.
Hope you like it too! :hbeat:

1. With Boucles et Galons du Tsar
View attachment 4999452

2. With La Danse des Amazones
View attachment 4999453

3. With Fleur de Giverny
View attachment 4999454

4. With Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4999455

5. With Ex-libris Atlantis
View attachment 4999456
6. With Flowers of South Africa
View attachment 4999457

7. With Zebra Pegasus
View attachment 4999459

8. With Le Tour du Monde en 63 Cases :
I made it with Mors scarf ring!
View attachment 4999458

9. With Animapolis :
And you can make this knot without scarf ring.
View attachment 4999460
I'm off to try this knot! Love that colorway of 63 Cases!!
A busy week, including busy night on call. I did have scarf mail recently, La clé des champs, inspired by @croisette. I tried Yoon’s first knot, but definitely room for improvement here... therefore changed to an easier knot. Thank you, Yoon, for your excellent tutorials!

View attachment 4999389View attachment 4999390
Amazing yellow!
Yes!! I’m obsessed with him. Posting my pieces to help you decide on what you may want to search for next - all archive pics. Love hola but could never decide on a colorway that is “me”. Below are - Noel AU faubourg, quand soudain, Minuit AU faubourg, and space shopping. Last pic is the trio of the series. I’d love a Les toits de Paris some day but seems impossible to find. I think @Redbirdhermes got lucky recently.
What a great chocolate colorway of Noel AU Faubourg!!

If you think the 'Chain D'Ancre Snail knot' is too complicated or if you need more simple knots, I recommend this knot to you! I named it as 'Chain D'Ancre bias fold knot' :love:

It started with bias fold. Just pull the fold through the scarf ring, and loop it around your neck, and tie it - And it's done!
It's one of my best To-go knots.
Hope you like it too! :hbeat:

1. With Boucles et Galons du Tsar
View attachment 4999452

2. With La Danse des Amazones
View attachment 4999453

3. With Fleur de Giverny
View attachment 4999454

4. With Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4999455

5. With Ex-libris Atlantis
View attachment 4999456
6. With Flowers of South Africa
View attachment 4999457

7. With Zebra Pegasus
View attachment 4999459

8. With Le Tour du Monde en 63 Cases :
I made it with Mors scarf ring!
View attachment 4999458

9. With Animapolis :
And you can make this knot without scarf ring.
View attachment 4999460
How creative! I'm going to try this one. Totally my style.
....I am still kicking myself for rehoming this colorway of South of Africa :sad:.
SOTD with Appaloosa tied in an asymmetrical knot for my riding lesson today. Can’t wait to show the scsrf to my teacher, who is the owner of the stable. Tried the nautilus but need to perfect it - this scarf is too soft to tie Yoon’s lovely knot properly. View attachment 4999583
Actually, here iis thenautilus!
View attachment 4999596
Your colorway is just so beautiful!

SOTD - Half bow knot with Zambeze Wash 90 cm. I feel like the vibe of this knot becomes more casual, with the super-soft wash silk.

View attachment 4999801
I agree. This knot looks great with the washed scarves!
Keeping it simple with gavroches today.
Spent a few hours at the office this morning. No fancy knot, just a bib with my H Odyssey. I used two tiny silver rings to hold it in place.
View attachment 4999581

Then in the afternoon I played with new acquisition Cheval Punk, slid through a small chain d'ancre type of scarf ring and tied off.
View attachment 4999584

And finally in the evening, I tried wearing my problem scarf ( pale green Phoenix with bright purple border) with a vividly coloured top. I used the same tiny rings that I used in the morning.
View attachment 4999592
Yes! I am going to try this last gav look. Looks great.
One of the most decorative and festive knots is the Edot Knot. One can either knot the silk or use a chain d’ancre scarf ring. I prefer to use a scarf ring. This knot can look different depending on the stiffness or softness of the fabric and also depending on how tightly or loosely you make the folds. You can also vary the look by how high or low you position the fanned-out fabric corner. The are tutorials for the Edot Knot on YouTube.
Here are some Edot Knots created with a variety of my scarves
Jardin a Sintra
View attachment 4999600

Cosmographia Universalis
View attachment 4999601

La Femme aux Semelles de Vent
View attachment 4999602

Panoplie Equestre
View attachment 4999603

Manufacture de Boucleries Detail
View attachment 4999604

Les Artisans d’Hermes
View attachment 4999605

Flowers of South Africa
View attachment 4999606

L’Esprit de la Foret
View attachment 4999607

La Maison des Carres
View attachment 4999608

La Marche du Zambeze
View attachment 4999609

L’Arbre du Vent
View attachment 4999610

Les Tresors d’un Artiste
View attachment 4999611
I've not tried this knot yet but love how it really shows the center colors and the borders/contrasting hems all at the same time.
La maison des Carres is the perfect example. I can't think of another knot that showcases this design as well as the Edot. You have perfected it!

Thank you. Fifi.

I retied it later while babysitting my 6-month old grandson. Still in a bias fold with a tiny knot at the bottom. I think of this as the @Cookiefiend special as she often models this so elegantly.

View attachment 4999692
Little cutie!!
Popping in for a minute with the easy asymmetric knot and A La Plume.
View attachment 4999835
The perfect blue contrasting hem!
Carrés en Carré in my #1 preferred bias fold, double wrap. Last week 7F, today 80F. Texas, my Texas.
Great look!

I love the comic book ones! And H Comme Histoires! Besides Hola being absolutely stunning to look at, it reminds me of how much fun I had taking flamenco classes a few years ago. It was only for a year and I won’t say I was particularly great at it, but I loved it and would laugh so much with my classmates as we all tried and sometimes failed spectacularly. :lol: :heart: The dancer here could be our old instructor....she was so fierce- strong, agile, graceful and dignified yet sensual. Amazing to watch. I saw the white and light blue CW first, but then I saw the orange and finally the red, both on white backgrounds. I fell....HARD! This one is not mine...but one like her will be one day soon.

View attachment 4999673
This is such a marvelous design and I can understand why you are enthralled with it. I am as well, as my grandfather was Spanish and I love Spanish dance.
I also took flamenco classes, but flunked out because I was the class clown. My daughter took Spanish dance classes for seven years and did all the competitions and shows.
But, even without a connection to Spanish dance and culture, it is a great design. I thought you might enjoy seeing mine
591445D7-7BEE-450F-8BBE-2C1730566A3D.jpeg
E4BEB7E9-2CBD-4FAF-BDF8-896B30F00097.jpeg
A8311B6D-F7C1-4C0D-A39D-E287C538470D.jpeg
319867C4-D746-4B51-87DA-45B557A5ADF9.jpeg
28D0D1C5-A9DD-41D6-8DCB-BB11F921D28C.jpeg64C0F4FE-75C0-40B1-AE7C-83C70627A694.jpeg

Thank you. Fifi.

View attachment 4999692
Oh, what a wonderful picture! He is precious!

View attachment 4999801
Such a beauty! Love the softer hand

Ok, my first (well, second) try at the snail knot. I tried yesterday with a dip dye, and I think it was just too soft to hold the pleats nicely (though, @Yoon daily scarf , the scarf in your video looks fairly slippery as well?). My Tresors de Medors still has a crisp hand, and I think it turned out more "groomed." It is still looking like an ornate cowboy knot for me, so I'm going to have to keep practicing in order to get that shorter jaunty off-center point to the snail "shell." Thanks for introducing us all to this cute knot, Yoon!
View attachment 4999829
Looks terrific... and the scarf is sublime

Popping in for a minute with the easy asymmetric knot and A La Plume.
View attachment 4999835
What a pretty Plumes!

I do not know what happened here, but I can tell you this mistake brightened my evening: I habe seen this group live, they are a blast. And Vincenzo Capezzuto is made for stage performance! If only I can remember what scarf I wore that day...

Scarf tax:
do not even bother to completely unfold, throw rectangle around neck, fixate with scarf ring:View attachment 4999841View attachment 4999842
Aaaah! I tried on both these scaves at the store and loved them, but there were way too many beckoning... Look great on you!

I am so glad to see you among us again, dear @tlamdang08 ... Such a great scarf and look... Warmest wishes to you

Status
Not open for further replies.