Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I was always wanted to try this fabulous knot!! Thank you so mich for sharing tutorial, @More bags :loveeyes: You made it so clearly, I'll try this one today and show you! And your scarves are so gorgeous, I especially love your Maharani and Baobab cat!!! :hbeat:

Many thanks to you, dear @More bags :heart: Your knot is fabulous!! I was impressed by your scarf choice. It shows the borders of Le Jardin de Maharani so beautifully! I'll try this knot with my Maharani :hbeat: Thanks for sharing your wonderful mod shot!
Many thanks for your kind words.
I tried 'Fifi's double ribbon knot', thanks for your wonderful tutorials, @Cookiefiend and @More bags !! :loveeyes:

I'm not sure that I made it right, I think I need to practice it more! haha :lol: But I'm so happy that I learned another beautiful knot today!

View attachment 4999345

And this knot is the one that @Bova123 shared us, I love this Bova's knot, too! :hugs:With it, I can showcase this lovely Clownfish at the front. My babies call it as 'Nemo' ;)

View attachment 4999349View attachment 4999350

And I tied Fifi's Criss-cross knot variation too!
View attachment 4999351
I think this gorgeous knot will be one of my favorite knots!! Thanks a lot for sharing your great idea, dear @Living.la.vida.fifi !! :hbeat:
Thank you for trying the asymmetrical shawl double knot, well done! Your photos are beautiful.

Last edited:
If you think the 'Chain D'Ancre Snail knot' is too complicated or if you need more simple knots, I recommend this knot to you! I named it as 'Chain D'Ancre bias fold knot' :love:

It started with bias fold. Just pull the fold through the scarf ring, and loop it around your neck, and tie it - And it's done!
It's one of my best To-go knots.
Hope you like it too! :hbeat:

1. With Boucles et Galons du Tsar
View attachment 4999452

2. With La Danse des Amazones
View attachment 4999453

3. With Fleur de Giverny
View attachment 4999454

4. With Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4999455

5. With Ex-libris Atlantis
View attachment 4999456
6. With Flowers of South Africa
View attachment 4999457

7. With Zebra Pegasus
View attachment 4999459

8. With Le Tour du Monde en 63 Cases :
I made it with Mors scarf ring!
View attachment 4999458

9. With Animapolis :
And you can make this knot without scarf ring.
View attachment 4999460
Wonderful knots and scarves. I notice you are really thoughtful about coordinating your sweater colour with your scarves or vice versa, so beautiful Yoon daily scarf.

I watched the video and played around with the snail’s knot. I had success with the knot but picked the wrong design (Kara Ora) and it was too busy under my neck! ....I dropped it down to a simple knot.
View attachment 5000176

I did try another knot in the video and thought it was kinda cool. Here it is with Tohu Bohu.
View attachment 5000178

I wanted to show this cute little corner in my new Wild Singapore and came up with a little short knot.
View attachment 5000179

I’ve found lots of uses with the Eprons scarf ring. This one is my “go to” wrap.
View attachment 5000182

Not sure if I picked the best sweater color to show off this vivid purple scarf but it does highlight the contrasting hem.
View attachment 5000183
Very pretty knots Magjes. I especially love your purple scarf in the last pic, what’s the design name?

More Half Bow Knot fun, with Animapolis. I've noticed this knot can highlight center and just-off-center elements of the design, especially if you begin the knot by draping your bias fold so one end hangs longer than the other. That tilts the design so you get more center elements at the neckline and in the half bow. I'm pleased to discover that this way highlights the gorgeous green leopard.

View attachment 5000199
Your knot perfectly captures the green leopard Langsam!
Wore Jeu de Cartes today, first in a no-name wrap, then in the snail. View attachment 5000216View attachment 5000217
Both knots are beautiful momasurus. I like how the snail knot shows off more of the design and cool border.

Well I had a busy day but managed to snag a little time to try some knots: snail, double knot, half bow (just with bias fold) and with ends pulled up and through scarf ring. Sorry for my blurry selfies (this Art du Sarasa is prettier than my pictures give it credit for!) This is so fun but challenging and requires some strategy as well as practice.

View attachment 5000273View attachment 5000276View attachment 5000277View attachment 5000278
Then I tried @Yoon daily scarf 's "snail knot for dummies" with my lucky New Orleans Saints scarf (black and gold!) and that was an easy, pretty and practical knot! I would love to try it with a mors ring, too.

View attachment 5000288

Thank you all for sharing your gorgeous scarves and photos.
Great job on all of the different knots, pretty photos. I like the last photo, that knot looks great with that scarf Lkbnola!

I am in awe of everyone’s knots and scarves! I truly must spend time studying and practicing.

Today I wore a purple Ceramique Ottomane inspired by a knotting card - I don’t know if the desired effect was achieved
View attachment 5000317

So at the end of the day I swapped for a Sweet Dreams in my go-to Infinity knot.
View attachment 5000318
Those colours look stunning on you snausages, great choices.

Here are some posts where I’ve shared mine:

Thank you so much for sharing! Love the brown in your CW. Perfect for this time of the year.

All of these knots are amazing!! Do you think we could post them in the how to tie thread? I would love to reference these later:flowers:

Oh it's a good idea! Hope we all do that. I'll post my tut. to How to tie thread :loveeyes:

wonderful! Twins on this moussie.

these are all so beautiful!

OMG more beauties! Hmm will have to try that easy knot with the scarf ring.

Thank you so much, dear @scarf1 !:hbeat: I can't wait to see!

You executed my variation of that knot to perfection! And, such beautiful silks! Your illustrations are fantastic! So helpful! Thank you so much for sharing them

I adore this design, especially in this, which is my favorite jacquard... So lovely!

So many beauties!

What a wonderful and practical knot, Yoon! I will try it! Love it with the Mors and also with the 70s!

Thank you so much, dear @Living.la.vida.fifi :loveeyes:
Your C-C knot variation is so beautiful.
I'll try this knot with my other scarves and show you next time :blush: Your arrangements inspired me a lot, always. And I can't wait to see your 'C.D. bias fold knot'! :yahoo:

SOTD is a new-to-me L'Instruction du Roi jacquard in a bias fold and half-knot.

It's already a warm 36 F here. I think I'm going to have to loosen this knot as it is already feeling hot on the neck.

View attachment 4999555

Your Half bow knot is so neat and beautiful!
And I love your SOTD, this elegant scarf goes so well with your dark grey colored sweater and silver necklace :loveeyes: Perfect tone-on-tone coordination :heart:

SOTD with Appaloosa tied in an asymmetrical knot for my riding lesson today. Can’t wait to show the scsrf to my teacher, who is the owner of the stable. Tried the nautilus but need to perfect it - this scarf is too soft to tie Yoon’s lovely knot properly. View attachment 4999583
Actually, here iis thenautilus!
View attachment 4999596

Your Appaloosa is stunning!! ♡ Oh I love this vibrant colors. And your scarf choice for riding lesson is also great! :lol:

Keeping it simple with gavroches today.
Spent a few hours at the office this morning. No fancy knot, just a bib with my H Odyssey. I used two tiny silver rings to hold it in place.
View attachment 4999581

Then in the afternoon I played with new acquisition Cheval Punk, slid through a small chain d'ancre type of scarf ring and tied off.
View attachment 4999584

And finally in the evening, I tried wearing my problem scarf ( pale green Phoenix with bright purple border) with a vividly coloured top. I used the same tiny rings that I used in the morning.
View attachment 4999592

I love your gavroche! Yellow hemline is so cute ♡ And your silver scarf rings look so exquisite, they add gorgeous accents to your knots! Love them all, dear @xincinsin :hbeat:

I have been anxiously awaiting this - I'd seen it on Insta (and loved it), but wasn't sure!
With the Mors ring, at the double end, are you just knotting the scarf there? I am definitely trying this!
(also need to learn how to make such neat and tidy ends - they look like flower petals!)

What a lovely colorway!

Oooo - MP with this top is fabulous and I love that ring!

Dearest @Cookiefiend, thanks for your sweet words! :loveeyes: Yes I made a bow at the end with double rings. Actually, my CD snail knot starts from this CD bias fold knot! To tie them is almost same :lol: I can't wait to see your CD bias knot!!!!

Oh and to adjust my bows :
1. I tie the knot, not too much tightly
2. Twist both ends to make flat bow :
Twist the both ends of knot gently
so that they can be positioned
in the same plane.
3. Spread and adjust hemlines
of the both ends (tails) of my bow :
I tried to make each tails symmetrically
4. If you finish to adjust your tails,
the gently fasten your knot tightly for fixation
-> And it's done!

Oh hope my direction works for you...:love:

One of the most decorative and festive knots is the Edot Knot. One can either knot the silk or use a chain d’ancre scarf ring. I prefer to use a scarf ring. This knot can look different depending on the stiffness or softness of the fabric and also depending on how tightly or loosely you make the folds. You can also vary the look by how high or low you position the fanned-out fabric corner. The are tutorials for the Edot Knot on YouTube.
Here are some Edot Knots created with a variety of my scarves
Jardin a Sintra
View attachment 4999600

Cosmographia Universalis
View attachment 4999601

La Femme aux Semelles de Vent
View attachment 4999602

Panoplie Equestre
View attachment 4999603

Manufacture de Boucleries Detail
View attachment 4999604

Les Artisans d’Hermes
View attachment 4999605

Flowers of South Africa
View attachment 4999606

L’Esprit de la Foret
View attachment 4999607

La Maison des Carres
View attachment 4999608

La Marche du Zambeze
View attachment 4999609

L’Arbre du Vent
View attachment 4999610

Les Tresors d’un Artiste
View attachment 4999611

Wow!!!! I'm so into your Edot knots, all of them are so so so perfect! If someone makes a textbook fir knots, these beautiful mod shots should be put there! Oh I'm swooning over your gorgeous knots... :hbeat:

He is one of my favourites too! I even have two different cws (and sizes) of Space Shopping au Faubourg. Also recently bought Formule Chic too. One of my absolute favourites from Dimitri Rybaltchenko that I unfortunately don't own myself is Noel au Faubourg. Love your "Last Night" scarf!!

Using some photos I already have (and some from H.com) of my Dimitri Rybaltchenko scarves as it's a bit too dark in the evenings this time of the year to take good photos of them:

Formule Chic from AW20. Double face scarf. Looks even better IRL as the colours are deeper (imo)
View attachment 4999657
View attachment 4999658

Space Shopping au Faubourg AW17
View attachment 4999656
View attachment 4999659

With a matching facemask
View attachment 4999666

I love your Formule Chic! Especially the Rodeo key ring is so cute! haha :lol: And I love your pairing of orange mask & space shopping!!! I loke matchy-matchy ♡

I love the comic book ones! And H Comme Histoires! Besides Hola being absolutely stunning to look at, it reminds me of how much fun I had taking flamenco classes a few years ago. It was only for a year and I won’t say I was particularly great at it, but I loved it and would laugh so much with my classmates as we all tried and sometimes failed spectacularly. :lol: :heart: The dancer here could be our old instructor....she was so fierce- strong, agile, graceful and dignified yet sensual. Amazing to watch. I saw the white and light blue CW first, but then I saw the orange and finally the red, both on white backgrounds. I fell....HARD! This one is not mine...but one like her will be one day soon.

View attachment 4999673

Oh It's a piece of art!!! Rybaltchenko expressed the dancer's dress in such a marvelous way! And those dots that flutters along the skirt is so wonderful... It's full of dynamic beauty! :loveeyes: Thanks a lot for sharing, dear @BowieFan1971!

Thank you. Fifi.

I retied it later while babysitting my 6-month old grandson. Still in a bias fold with a tiny knot at the bottom. I think of this as the @Cookiefiend special as she often models this so elegantly.

View attachment 4999692

Oh my god!!!! He's so cute!!!! :hbeat: He has beautiful eyes, and I love his tiny hands!!!:hugs:

SOTD - Half bow knot with Zambeze Wash 90 cm. I feel like the vibe of this knot becomes more casual, with the super-soft wash silk.

View attachment 4999801

Oh I love your beautiful HBK with washed scarf! As you said, it looks more casual and soft. I like it :loveeyes:

Ok, my first (well, second) try at the snail knot. I tried yesterday with a dip dye, and I think it was just too soft to hold the pleats nicely (though, @Yoon daily scarf , the scarf in your video looks fairly slippery as well?). My Tresors de Medors still has a crisp hand, and I think it turned out more "groomed." It is still looking like an ornate cowboy knot for me, so I'm going to have to keep practicing in order to get that shorter jaunty off-center point to the snail "shell." Thanks for introducing us all to this cute knot, Yoon!
View attachment 4999829

You made it so beautifully, dear @PangurBan !! :heart: Thanks a lot for trying :hbeat: Your elegant Tresor de Medor goes so well with this drapery knot.
Come to think of it, I've never done this knot with a very soft scarf.. I'll have to try it with my eldest vintage scarf later and tell you! :graucho:

Popping in for a minute with the easy asymmetric knot and A La Plume.
View attachment 4999835

Your asymmetrical knots are always fabulous, dear @Cookiefiend!! Matching it with your dark grey sweater is so great, too! :loveeyes:

I do not know what happened here, but I can tell you this mistake brightened my evening: I habe seen this group live, they are a blast. And Vincenzo Capezzuto is made for stage performance! If only I can remember what scarf I wore that day...

Scarf tax:
do not even bother to completely unfold, throw rectangle around neck, fixate with scarf ring:View attachment 4999841View attachment 4999842

Haha I don't know what's going on, but YouTube gave us a pleasure for surprise! It's like a small present for us :yahoo:

I love your knots, especially I love the way you used Chain D'Ancre ring in 2nd picture! They're neat and classic, thanks for sharing :heart:

It is the second style demonstrated at timecode 01:27 in this video.

The scarf is described as 70cm by 70cm, but I couldn't tie this with my 70cm.

Inspired by the video I adjusted one of the styles to accommodate my ever useful 70cm Parade di Leonhardi, quite pleased with my first attempt.

B7F131EF-414F-4CCC-9091-349DF0B1C284.jpeg

Last edited:
So nice to see you back here, tlamdang!

Beautifully tied Croisette!

Look how great Voyage looks with this knot!
Thank you, MAGJES!

I watched the video and played around with the snail’s knot. I had success with the knot but picked the wrong design (Kara Ora) and it was too busy under my neck! ....I dropped it down to a simple knot.
View attachment 5000176

I did try another knot in the video and thought it was kinda cool. Here it is with Tohu Bohu.
View attachment 5000178

I wanted to show this cute little corner in my new Wild Singapore and came up with a little short knot.
View attachment 5000179

I’ve found lots of uses with the Eprons scarf ring. This one is my “go to” wrap.
View attachment 5000182

Not sure if I picked the best sweater color to show off this vivid purple scarf but it does highlight the contrasting hem.
View attachment 5000183
All fabulous tied!

More Half Bow Knot fun, with Animapolis. I've noticed this knot can highlight center and just-off-center elements of the design, especially if you begin the knot by draping your bias fold so one end hangs longer than the other. That tilts the design so you get more center elements at the neckline and in the half bow. I'm pleased to discover that this way highlights the gorgeous green leopard.

View attachment 5000199
So pretty on you, Langsam!

Wore Jeu de Cartes today, first in a no-name wrap, then in the snail. View attachment 5000216View attachment 5000217
Looks great, moma, esp. the border!

This is such a marvelous design and I can understand why you are enthralled with it. I am as well, as my grandfather was Spanish and I love Spanish dance.
I also took flamenco classes, but flunked out because I was the class clown. My daughter took Spanish dance classes for seven years and did all the competitions and shows.
But, even without a connection to Spanish dance and culture, it is a great design. I thought you might enjoy seeing mine
View attachment 5000157
View attachment 5000155
View attachment 5000156
View attachment 5000158
View attachment 5000153View attachment 5000154
All gorgeous, I’d love just one of these beauties. Sigh, one day I will!

View attachment 5000199
Delighted to be twins with you, love how you’ve highlighted the leopard!

Carrés en Carré in my #1 preferred bias fold, double wrap. Last week 7F, today 80F. Texas, my Texas.

Double wrap is one of my best to-go knots, too! Thanks for sharing, @hermesguy !:smile:
And how strange the weather is these days, I can't predict it.

So classic and elegant, dear @tlamdang08 Thanks a lot for sharing! :hugs:

Your Bova knot looks so good! I can't seem to master it yet.

Thanks a lot, dear @MAGJES :heart: Bova's knot is so great to showcase the borders, I like this brilliant knot! And I love your arrangements always :loveeyes:

How creative! I'm going to try this one. Totally my style.
....I am still kicking myself for rehoming this colorway of South of Africa :sad:.

Your colorway is just so beautiful!

Thanks, @MAGJES !! Oh I can't wait to see your CD bias fold knot :yahoo:I think it's simple and comfortable for daily life. Hope you like it! :heart:

Oh and there are many scarves that I regret after rehoming too... I even sold one and re-purchased same CW again! hahaha :facepalm:

This is such a marvelous design and I can understand why you are enthralled with it. I am as well, as my grandfather was Spanish and I love Spanish dance.
I also took flamenco classes, but flunked out because I was the class clown. My daughter took Spanish dance classes for seven years and did all the competitions and shows.
But, even without a connection to Spanish dance and culture, it is a great design. I thought you might enjoy seeing mine
View attachment 5000157
View attachment 5000155
View attachment 5000156
View attachment 5000158
View attachment 5000153View attachment 5000154

Wow, all the CWs you have are gorgeous! I especially like the first picture of you making a knot that showcase the dancer's face. So beautiful!!! :love::hbeat:

View attachment 5000176

View attachment 5000178

View attachment 5000179

View attachment 5000182

View attachment 5000183

Your arrangements are eye-candies for me!! They are all fabulous :hbeat: I agree with you that Kawa-Ora is more beautiful when we make simple knots with it. And your knot with Wild Singapore is so impressive!! Oh I love love big cats. I'll try it with my pink CW, thanks for inspiration :loveeyes: Oh and, we're twin in La danse de Amazones :graucho:

View attachment 5000199

Oh your CW is so stunning! Perfect Half bow knot, and I love the way you highlight the green leopard. As you said, you can choose the part to emphasize with this knot depending on how to make bias fold! Thanks for sharing your advices, dear @Langsam :hbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.