Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping for a version in colour, but according to our resident expert @marietouchet, it was only issued in finesse :sad: This is the only one I've ever seen, although I understand it has been issued in other base colours.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-scarf-colors.818790/page-17#post-33259096

I'm going to sneak one more under the wire. L'Arbre du Vent which has Huichol beadwork. The rose in the picture is an example of their beadwork used as jewelry. The pictures on the scarf though are based more on the decorated bowls which they make, pressing the tiny beads into a layer of wax and resin.
View attachment 4564095
Yes, I came across this one:
http://piwigo.hermesscarf.com/picture?/5299

Love this photo!Twins on the shawl. Must add Scotland to a future travel list.

Great intro! Thanks for more kachina intel!
And that Godzilla comment made me laugh! Now I wish I would have found an animopolis CW that suited me.

Perfect autumn scarf!

Thank you scarf1! That's too bad about Animapolis....what about your Cosmographia??

I’m having that “Moment” when I think, I’ve got no appropriately themed scarves! Panic makes the looking more fun.

:roflmfao: I'm pretty sure if you hunt for something, an idea will come to you! Also- don't forget that wearing you Japanese themed scarf to a Japanese restaurant or Italian themed scarf to an Italian restaurant (....peut etre a French themed scarf to a French restaurant, non?) also fits the bill!

I know someone showed this last week- Grand Prix Au F. Love the ladies having tea amidst the chaos.View attachment 4564258 View attachment 4564259

Yes! That's on my agenda for this week as well. :yes:

Beautiful and sombre combi for a day of memory.

Thank you to you for adding to my knowledge of the really old scarves!

Thank you, Julide!
I was starting to think that maybe I should find material by an ethnographer which studied them (can you tell that I did sociology and ethnography in the university? :lol: ) And there really is someone who studied them! Franz Boas who wrote an entire book about them. I might have to order it off Amazon as the Singapore public library doesn't have it. But for all of us who adore the scarves about explorers, when I searched Franx Boas on the library app, it threw up a rec for "Explorers' sketchbooks" which covers 70 explorers, including Shackleton!
Oh, and I just found out from the Milwaukee Public Museum website a reason for some of the vast array of animals on this scarf: there are four clans - Raven, Killer Whale, Eagle, and Wolf :smartass:

Me too. I probably need to hunt down more info in Chinese. A woman's skill in needlework was a very important factor in marriage eligibility in some of the minority tribes. I have a book on how to sew and embroider various traditional items, words and a few black&white pictures, so thank heavens that there is the internet!

OMG! I saw the book too but thought...maybe I would have gone too far by posting it. I am now interested for research on H scarf themes!!:lol:

Hmm the Milwaukee museum? I may have to take a trip...I am always amazed at the smaller museums and their collections. There are a few I would like to go back to or visit. Thanks for the information!!:flowers:

Guten Morgen scarfies!

It’s Sunday morning where I am and so time to start a new theme week! Thank you to all who posted and increased our knowledge base this past week with so much wonderful information and fabulous scarf eye candy!

October is a hoppin' time of year for harvest celebrations in much of the Northern Hemisphere. There are dozens of Harvest Festivals, pumpkin festivals, and beer festivals (with all that harvested grain, of course… :lol: ) happening at this time of year in America and dozens more of the most famous October festival Oktoberfest, which originated in Munich as a wedding celebration. This week we can celebrate food as well with our scarves (easier on the waistline….but feel free to have a beer too…) :P

13 Oct 2019 -FEAST YOUR EYES- Social gatherings and food & drink on scarves; match your scarf to the food or drink you’re enjoying.

With this week being about food, drink, and people celebrating on your scarves (or matching your scarf to the food you are eating) and thanks to @Cookiefiend 's marvelous Kachina research, I’m going to serve up some more Kachina love. It's a perfect scarf for this week and makes a nice segue from last week's theme since it contains both food and social gathering (plus I looked up some more of the Kachinas on it.) :yes:

I'm invoking Owl Kachina (wisdom and intelligence) with Fiona’s assistance to help me out here today:

View attachment 4564117

The kachinas are allies to the Pueblo Peoples rather than deities and are an important part of Pueblo Festivities and gatherings. So all the dancing Kachinas fit with the social gathering part of our theme this week. I also love the southwest symbolisms shown on it with food references, like Squash kachina (holding the squash blossoms) and the corn, the gourds, and the sunflowers (with their edible seeds) which are widely used in autumn and harvest bouquets here in the south.

View attachment 4564115 View attachment 4564116

For all around food fun, Animapolis gets a big high 5 :ghi5: for the various food references like King Kong drinking coffee and the cute penguins getting their drive by ice creams, and, not to put too fine a point on it but the entire scarf is Godzilla’s lunchbox. (There are more food references...but I'll let someone else hunt for those...) :lol:

View attachment 4564118
View attachment 4564119
View attachment 4564120

Let the fooding commence!!!
“Godzilla’s Lunchbox”
Bwahahahaaaa!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

One of my favourite fruits is the cherry. So I looked long and hard to find Cerises. Fortunately, the fruit is much easier to procure, and there are always Maraschinos in bottles :lol:
PicsArt_05-21-02.18.24.jpg
When the Singapore Zoo was expecting a pair of pandas, it cultivated 3,000 stands of bamboo as each panda consumes about 20kg of bamboo each day. Here is the panda in Sichuan happily munching away.
PicsArt_05-12-01.57.02.png
And we have cute squirrels harvesting and eating nuts for the winter in Ecureuils and Casse Noisette.PicsArt_09-23-04.08.45.jpg .

One of my favourite fruits is the cherry. So I looked long and hard to find Cerises. Fortunately, the fruit is much easier to procure, and there are always Maraschinos in bottles :lol:
View attachment 4564719
When the Singapore Zoo was expecting a pair of pandas, it cultivated 3,000 stands of bamboo as each panda consumes about 20kg of bamboo each day. Here is the panda in Sichuan happily munching away.
View attachment 4564721
And we have cute squirrels harvesting and eating nuts for the winter in Ecureuils and Casse Noisette.View attachment 4564718 .
Helps me tremendously understanding Sichaun!

View attachment 4564719
View attachment 4564721
And we have cute squirrels harvesting and eating nuts for the winter in Ecureuils and Casse Noisette.View attachment 4564718 .

I love red and white together- so that Cerises is scrumptious! And wowee! The DETAIL on those squirrels! :heart:

Reactions: Maedi and Julide
View attachment 4564719
View attachment 4564721
Love all of these ! I love cherries too !

View attachment 4564719
View attachment 4564721
Beautiful and a lovely jacquard on Cerises!
One day I will find a Poret that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I love his work too!

Beautiful and sombre combi for a day of memory.

Thank you to you for adding to my knowledge of the really old scarves!

Thank you, Julide!
I was starting to think that maybe I should find material by an ethnographer who studied them (can you tell that I did sociology and ethnography in the university? :lol: ) And there really is someone who studied them! Franz Boas who wrote an entire book about them. I might have to order it off Amazon as the Singapore public library doesn't have it. But for all of us who adore the scarves about explorers, when I searched Franz Boas on the library app, it threw up a rec for "Explorers' sketchbooks" which covers 70 explorers, including Shackleton!
Oh, and I just found out from the Milwaukee Public Museum website a reason for some of the vast array of animals on this scarf: there are four clans - Raven, Killer Whale, Eagle, and Wolf :smartass:

Me too. I probably need to hunt down more info in Chinese. A woman's skill in needlework was a very important factor in marriage eligibility in some of the minority tribes. I have a book on how to sew and embroider various traditional items, words and a few black&white pictures, so thank heavens that there is the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.