Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping in this amazing group wearing Hermes Cup Palm Beach in royal/cream from my comparatively modest collection...

I don’t think I ever consciously thought before about how each of my scarves affects my mood, but upon reflection each plays an emotional role, don’t they?
This particular design elevates my mood & makes me feel joyful and competent. The energy from the ponies especially seems to transfer & I feel like I’m on the field in an enjoyable chukker when everything clicks and is going well.

**So enormously glad to be here**
While I’ve collected silkies for over a decade I rarely wear them, for fear of tying them “wrong” (bad experience long ago), but want to learn from you ladies and enjoy my silk darlings!
Lovely scarf.....and welcome turfnsurf! You will have so much fun here, in the land where we all speak one language.....silk!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately when I was just starting out w/my first scarf I had a few well-meaning ladies “school” me on the “proper way” to wear a scarf -other than the way I had it on- at a steeplechase event. I smiled & died a little inside. Their “right way” didn’t appeal to me and, rather than feel judged, I continued to collect but not wear my treasures.
I’m beyond all that now & ready to wear my lovelies!
Oh eek. I know they were trying to be helpful but still! Sounds like they maybe had a comfort zone they were happy with but don't worry.....here we push our knots to the contrast-hemmed limits! [emoji3]

So happy to have you here. Very cute polo scarf!
There is no WRONG way to tie a scarf! What??? Who have you been hanging around with?? LOL. Even if you wore it inside out or something, it could be because you were going for a more subtle effect, right?
EDIT: just saw your post. Do not hang around with "ladies" like that! Just curious - what did they consider the one and only proper way to knot a scarf?
Oh yes.I would love to know the "proper" way too!!!! [emoji6]

Right here with you! Newbie as well, learning from the talented ladies of this forum. I think your look is really chic. I love the blue!

I think I'm going to have to invest in one of these. I've admired everyone's from last week and it looks like it will really help with keeping the scarf in place.

I remember when you joined (I was still a lurker). I love how much you've shared of your collection!
Thank you so much, seasounds! I just regret that I didn’t know about this forum or participate sooner. I actually first heard about it through Instagram, to which I am also a newbie. I love everyone’s contributions and learn so much here! And it’s so much fun! Looking forward to all your beautiful scarves as well!

Reactions: bunnycat
So happy to have you here. Very cute polo scarf!
There is no WRONG way to tie a scarf! What??? Who have you been hanging around with?? LOL. Even if you wore it inside out or something, it could be because you were going for a more subtle effect, right?
EDIT: just saw your post. Do not hang around with "ladies" like that! Just curious - what did they consider the one and only proper way to knot a scarf?
Totally agree with you, moma. And, I agree with @Pautinka that I am curious to know the “right” way to tying our scarves... *rolling eyes*

Reactions: momasaurus
Welcome! And very cool scarf. Never seen this design before! But then, compared to you, I am very new to scarves!

I’ve been interested a long time, but not nearly as knowledgeable as the majority here seem to be. Most of my scarves are older releases. I’m happy to share what little I know & excited to learn more.

Hermes Cup was designed by Chantal de Crissey in 1988. Discovered some great color ways after I acquired this one, but couldn’t justify having multiples (too many other lovelies not in my collection yet).

i like the 'rose' on the second shot :tup: well tied!
Thank you ksuromax . I'm learning from you all :flowers:
[emoji179][emoji179]

Thank you Pautinka :flowers:

Is this different angles of the same scarf? Looks totally different! That, in itself, is magical! Just gorgeous and inspiring (me to go try one on!)
Thank you fifi :flowers:. It's cw 13, showing different corners. You would look fabulous in this scarf.

Ooh ElainePG this is lovely and a jacquard to boot! Has the jacquard softened over the years?
Yes, indeed it has. But remember how old this one is... I bought it in 1987, when I owned only about 7 scarves, and I would carry it with me on business trips, so often I would wear it 1 or 2 times a week for months at a time. I suppose it was stiff at one point, but that was so long ago that I can't remember! Now it is lovely and drape-y, and fortunately I never seemed to spill anything on it during any of those long & boring business dinners, so it still looks nice. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.